PDA

View Full Version : Ford 7.3 Fuel to Coolant dilution

Poptest
3rd October, 2011, 07:17 AM
Hello DK,

I am presently working on a '97 Ford 7.3 which has a fuel to coolant dilution problem.....fuel going to coolant.

Please give me pointers on where to check this. I am suspecting oring seals on the HEUI body and injector tube. This is my first time to touch this engine.

Many thanks................

Meat-Head
3rd October, 2011, 06:28 PM
Absoultly no idea what your on about, but if it's a ford and diesel, then proberbly the injector pump has some crap idea, that fills sump with diesel.

Do search for threads started by member Dik - 'biggest fcuk up' - he mentioned something about Inglish transhits doing that

HTH

Meat

dimitar
4th October, 2011, 08:52 PM
Quite weird,,,you should ask the customer how he pours fuel...... Probably she

cactikid
4th October, 2011, 09:44 PM
anything around engine that has water pipes and fuel that could mix,same as the golf has an oil cooler and when that goes pumps oil into cooling system?

Meat-Head
4th October, 2011, 09:47 PM
same as the golf has an oil cooler and when that goes pumps oil into cooling system?

Awesome, what year Gulf etc.

Like anything with Valeo radator and automatic boxeses inc Emerican cars, radator fills gear box with cooland.

Member autotrans said, water kills autoboxese lol

SEIN706
7th December, 2011, 07:40 AM
Hello I know this post is old but you have a crack in one of your inject sleeves. If you haven't found the problem let me know and I wool tell you how to find out which one it is pain in the a$$ to change.