PDA

View Full Version : A3 dashboard blinks

rsilva
3rd October, 2011, 06:03 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody had this problem in a Audi A# from 2003. When turn on key displays stay of and lights in dash blink a few times and then turn on. Sometimes it just simply don't turn on.
Dashboard is a VDO-Siemens and it has display in the middle.

Thanks
Rsilva

r-parts
3rd October, 2011, 08:28 PM
this happened after odo correction or the car came in this way?

Krotov_FSB
12th October, 2011, 12:31 AM
Do you solve it? I have this trouble too. This happened one time. Without any correction of dump. Dashboard always rebooting. Displays no light. The central display flash once with key turn on.
Is anybody have ideas?

rsilva
12th October, 2011, 10:47 AM
Hi,

car came to me like this, no mileage correction. When turn on the key sometimes works ok, other it blinks a few times and turns on but immo light stays blinking.

I did'n solve it yet. I am tryind to adapt another dashboard but i think i run out of luck. It?s very dificult to find one of these around here and the one i found already is missing the eeprom. what about that...

So now i trying to get a dump for this new dash. If someone has a dump for vag number 8P0920930F D06 i would be appreciated:top:

If i have any news i'll report it.

Regards
Rsilva

Krotov_FSB
13th October, 2011, 11:21 AM
I solved his problem. It was half-dead memory chip 93c86 "fairchild". I replace it.

PierreTheron
27th October, 2011, 08:58 PM
I solved his problem. It was half-dead memory chip 93c86 "fairchild". I replace it.

Hi
How did this happen ??
Can you update a bit on ths.

I have audi tt with faulty centre display.

Acting up sometime working and sometimes not , sometimes stripe on display???????

BigJ
29th October, 2011, 03:51 AM
Hi
How did this happen ??
Can you update a bit on ths.

I have audi tt with faulty centre display.

Acting up sometime working and sometimes not , sometimes stripe on display???????

Howzit Pierre.

Replace the LCD display completely.
The problem with the display is that the Driver chip is integrated into the ribbon cable, and the contats around the chip are starting to break down. You might get lucky if you put something in the cluster (small piece of sponge, etc) to apply pressure to the driver chip area, but chances are it wont help.

:top:

Regards
J