PDA

View Full Version : copilot app on android

tamgunner
3rd October, 2011, 09:42 PM
hi guys ive downloaded the copilot.apk for android when i open it on the samsung galaxy s it says invalid library.copilots code cannot be loaded by the system.?

happy_highlander
3rd October, 2011, 10:27 PM
hi guys ive downloaded the copilot.apk for android when i open it on the samsung galaxy s it says invalid library.copilots code cannot be loaded by the system.?

You'll be doing well if you can get a decent working copy of that one m8 without paying for it. There are a few out there but they do tend to stop working after a while. I find google navigation works really well but I do have unlimited data without a fair usage policy

Shady
3rd October, 2011, 10:28 PM
i too used to use google nav, but as it relies on net connection, it sometimes loses signal when out of reception area... i d/loaded aura from the usual places and it works a treat

tshirtman
3rd October, 2011, 11:11 PM
Make sure your maps go in the "save file"
Then run the app.

Canker_Canison
4th October, 2011, 01:47 PM
Just to remaind those using Google Maps about a hidden from plain sight feature.

You can cache a 10 mile area of the map & store it on your phone. So if you lose network signal you don't lose the map.

In Google Maps... Menu > More > Labs > Precache map area

Select the area you want to store in memory. Job done.

Shady
4th October, 2011, 01:48 PM
thats fine if you're only going ten miles tho canker...

Canker_Canison
4th October, 2011, 02:45 PM
thats fine if you're only going ten miles tho canker...

How many times do you go cross-country from the pub to your home/garden shed?

I'll take that 10 miles over being stuck in sheep raping territory without a map any day lol

pomahtukyc
18th November, 2011, 02:49 PM
I use CarNavi soft loaded on my HTC. It does a very good job but got curious about copilot. Are there any maps for Bulgaria..?

gjuzel
1st December, 2011, 02:45 PM
copilot live 8

perry081064
2nd January, 2012, 11:15 PM
copilot live 8

will this work on the galaxy s 2 and has anyone else tried it?

tshirtman
2nd January, 2012, 11:50 PM
will this work on the galaxy s 2 and has anyone else tried it?

I've got copilot 8.2.0.218 on SG2 and it works fine.

perry081064
3rd January, 2012, 12:41 AM
I've got copilot 8.2.0.218 on SG2 and it works fine.

thanks for that ... i was refering to the apk posted above. but im getting the same error as the other poster did, and im not too sure how to fix it.

MotorMolestor
3rd January, 2012, 11:41 AM
Routing with copilot is terrible. It often takes you round in circles when far better direct routes exists. I always suspected this due to having a good sense of direction so myself and partner tested locally.

This was further confirmed on a Journey from Peterborough UK to Reading UK and vice versa.

Our journey returning from Reading was entirely different even though the journey is just 3 motorways. On return the copilot wished for us to go north on the M1. Peterborough is up the A1.

Copilot wished us to go via Northampton then A45, A605.

We then used Google to check the mileage differentials in the journeys. 113 miles going and 133 return. Copilot very rarely gives the same return journey indicating poor result quality. Would I buy it????...........No.

Pity TomTom isnt and never will be available for android.

perry081064
5th January, 2012, 10:22 PM
Routing with copilot is terrible. It often takes you round in circles when far better direct routes exists. I always suspected this due to having a good sense of direction so myself and partner tested locally.

This was further confirmed on a Journey from Peterborough UK to Reading UK and vice versa.

Our journey returning from Reading was entirely different even though the journey is just 3 motorways. On return the copilot wished for us to go north on the M1. Peterborough is up the A1.

Copilot wished us to go via Northampton then A45, A605.

We then used Google to check the mileage differentials in the journeys. 113 miles going and 133 return. Copilot very rarely gives the same return journey indicating poor result quality. Would I buy it????...........No.

Pity TomTom isnt and never will be available for android.

thank god i never got it to work then, ive now installed navigon and its looking impressive although i havent had time to put it through its paces yet.

alom5
24th January, 2012, 04:38 PM
i've had copilot working on my galaxy for 0ver 2 years now and not had any probs whatso ever..... :-)

JustMeAgain
26th January, 2012, 11:19 AM
Change it and save fuel.

You may not have noticed problems but Im pretty savvy when it comes to directions and mileage.

Ever tried comparing your copilot routes to another service???

If not thats why you havent noticed. Ever looked at your routes in the copilot application??? Bugger to find isnt it and i think they did this for a reason. Would be so easy to stick in a "view route" button right after you select location.

Look at a map and you will see in an instant that Reading to Peterborough is not best viable up the M1, A45, and A605. Especially when the copilot live failed to mention the roadworks on the M1 at Toddington that have been there almost a year.

Im noew on navidon. Far better but not as good as TomTom. I do wish TomTo would launch for Android.

redone
29th January, 2012, 11:34 AM
Navigon m8..LOL

Have to agree with you copilot and sygic look lovely and sexy but the way they try and route you is unbelievable?
I do about 40k a year so use every day.
Why did i drop my old windows based HD2 in the water doh..(loved tomtom on there)
Currently downloading maps for navigon so i will give that a go..Bit weird the way i have to d/l 2gb of maps when all i want is UK FFS..

L8r

JustMeAgain
30th January, 2012, 12:46 PM
Navigon m8..LOL

Have to agree with you copilot and sygic look lovely and sexy but the way they try and route you is unbelievable?
I do about 40k a year so use every day.
Why did i drop my old windows based HD2 in the water doh..(loved tomtom on there)
Currently downloading maps for navigon so i will give that a go..Bit weird the way i have to d/l 2gb of maps when all i want is UK FFS..

L8r

But once you have it bin all the shit you dont want from the rest of Europe. More room on mem card for more cracked apps then.

redone
31st January, 2012, 12:52 AM
ok bud thx..

Still trying to d/l it lol..Leave it running when i go to bed and each morning there has been some sort of error..

diego808080
13th April, 2012, 11:49 AM
I have the same problem. I want to try to download copilot attached

delboy13
13th April, 2012, 05:26 PM
try this
1. Install CoPilot Live Premium Europe v 9.1.0.214 (Do not open!)!
2. Install LuckyPatcher.0.5.by.ChelpuS (Needs root access to work!)
3. Open LuckyPatcher, find in the list press and hold on CoPilot Live Premium Europe then hit Lucky Google Market Patch!
4. Open CoPilot after LuckyPatcher does its job!
5. Make CoPilot user account!
6. Download maps!

tinakely
14th April, 2012, 11:50 AM
can i unlock my sgs i9000

happy_highlander
14th April, 2012, 12:42 PM
can i unlock my sgs i9000

Easy but look after your imei number

gabrielnagy
17th June, 2012, 01:07 AM
Needs some update or something? I tried a version but asked for licence....

alom5
20th June, 2012, 08:59 AM
Needs some update or something? I tried a version but asked for licence....

Follow the instructions carefully...and it will install fine.