xenafan
29th April, 2008, 11:33 AM
Blade Quad done this to help people with problem boxes

Done from the latest cvs some new features and old

Cable check
Lcd epg with 3 different displays
New scan features
Plus a lot more

Image set to just flash, set location, scan and go boots up on evocamd but anyone
with a problem running evo just wait until it clears then goto Quad Menu by pressing
the blue button then blue again and goto Keys Copy just copy keys across then Emu selection
and change to gbox should now run ok.

Hope this helps

Have Fun

In The Downloads 1x and 2x

Xenafan

Devilfish
29th April, 2008, 12:24 PM
Nice one Xenafan, another great image to add to the blade collection. :)

Jaffa
29th April, 2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks xenafan, as usual a smashing image. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Tried Gbox for curiousity...no problems worked a treat.

I see internet radio but not sure how it works and not really worried but some others may be.

Thanks for your hard work m8, its appreciated.

Devilfish
29th April, 2008, 02:19 PM
The dbox will need to be connected to your router before the internet radio will work.

Enter the router ip address in the 'default gateway' section of the network settings page, save and restart network.

xenafan
29th April, 2008, 05:04 PM
Cheers lads thanks havent looked at the internet radio might get a look at the weekend the radio list is in var/tuxbox/config Now where have i seen that location before He! He!

radio-stations.xml file

Cheers

Xenafan

xenafan
29th April, 2008, 09:16 PM
Just put another image in downloads with time fixed missed that LoL!!
someone spotted it and let me know.

Sorry lads

Cheers

Xenafan

gav12345
29th April, 2008, 10:29 PM
what can you say its a nice smooth crisp image

takes time to mod these images so people try it there is no image better than any other but sometimes some dboxes play better with some images

so all should try this one too

cheers m8 for sharing

Renwich
29th April, 2008, 10:54 PM
Nice release m8, as usual a slick well thought out blue menu

xenafan
30th April, 2008, 07:52 AM
what can you say its a nice smooth crisp image

takes time to mod these images so people try it there is no image better than any other but sometimes some dboxes play better with some images

so all should try this one too

cheers m8 for sharing

Thanks for the great feedback m8

Couldnt agree more about images most of the time its the dbox that ends up makeing the choice i think we are just along for the ride. lol!!

Cheers

Xenafan

xenafan
30th April, 2008, 07:57 AM
Nice release m8, as usual a slick well thought out blue menu

Thanks for your time m8 and feedback

glad you like the blue menu feel free to use what you like as long as you leave my boot up lady alone shes mine!! Ha! Ha!

Cheers

Xenafan

ozzyahmed
30th April, 2008, 04:35 PM
thnx alot man

Salami
30th April, 2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks for your time m8 and feedback

glad you like the blue menu feel free to use what you like as long as you leave my boot up lady alone shes mine!! Ha! Ha!

Cheers

Xenafan

You must be joking M8 is mine and I am keeping her forever. lol

I just flashed my dbox with your new Blade Quad image and is superb well done M8 and I am not changing my mind that beauty is mine :musicus::party:

xenafan
1st May, 2008, 03:06 PM
You must be joking M8 is mine and I am keeping her forever. lol

I just flashed my dbox with your new Blade Quad image and is superb well done M8 and I am not changing my mind that beauty is mine :musicus::party:

I knew she'd be trouble lol!!! :boxing:

Glad you like it m8

Cheers

Xenafan

xenafan
1st May, 2008, 03:07 PM
thnx alot man

Hope you like it m8.

Cheers

Xenafan

blade31
2nd May, 2008, 08:55 PM
does this image cure most of the problems on the nokia boxes cheers

C64
2nd May, 2008, 09:06 PM
Once again XENAFAN updates my favourite range of Dbox2 images - cheers mate :)

Rep added :)

JamesieM
3rd May, 2008, 12:35 PM
does this image cure most of the problems on the nokia boxes cheers

Just flashed an old dbox for my father and this is working great.

Better gui and picture image than the old sportster version he used.

Thanks for creating the blade image

dkRookie
3rd May, 2008, 09:53 PM
Hi XENAFAN,

Would really like to give similar feedback, but I am unable to get my Nokia DBOX to work with this image (2x). I am in Surrey, Kingston Upon Thames area, so I have changed the location to the best match. Copied the keys to gbox and changed EMU to gbox. Rebooted in exitement but did not work. Hope you can provide some more guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Oh; Also tried to do a service scan but cannot find any channels. Can only assume that my location setting is incorrect!

Immy
4th May, 2008, 09:22 AM
Will give the above a try will update you all on any issues

thanks for the info

zsomle
4th May, 2008, 10:48 AM
This is a cable image???
:star:

Jaffa
4th May, 2008, 11:00 AM
This is a cable image???
:star:

Yes sir indeed it is cable.

redknight
4th May, 2008, 12:03 PM
i have a sagem dbox2 with 1 chip . flashed blade quad to it what settings do i use for the following .

For service scan what settings do I use for Ireland

Scan mode ?
Frequency ?
Modulation ?
Symbol rate ?
Cable ?
Netid ?
Sections scan .

I?m in the south of Ireland in cork . cable provider is ch*us now called usb . they were also were called ntl .

thanks in advance for your help lads

how do you do a fast scan with blade scan

vercres
4th May, 2008, 03:10 PM
how is this image to previose ones in the blade images

vibez
4th May, 2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the image. Looking forward to upgrading

redknight
4th May, 2008, 09:33 PM
i have a sagem dbox2 with 1 chip . flashed blade quad to it what settings do i use for the following .

For service scan what settings do I use for Ireland

Scan mode ?
Frequency ?
Modulation ?
Symbol rate ?
Cable ?
Netid ?
Sections scan .

I?m in the south of Ireland in cork . cable provider is ch*us now called usb . they were also were called ntl .

thanks in advance for your help lads

how do you do a fast scan with blade scan

lads could anybody help me with the above . i believe i have everything sorted . all i need is the above info . . thanks lads

masterblaster
4th May, 2008, 10:49 PM
thanks for this xenafan and the details to make sure it works thanks again

alec
5th May, 2008, 02:17 PM
Just put on this image and it is certainly better than sporter 2 so far?

Someone asked about settings. All I did was with image on,press blue button
on remote browse to location - set my location.
I'm on network so I put as much information from other image settings and told network to check, after showing network connections, put in bouquets.I reset box.
Did a service scan- dbox- service- service scan,as far as I'm aware there is no fast or slow.
The scan took only bout 6minutes to pick up tv and radio.
Reset and all was well.

shezasingh
6th May, 2008, 11:24 AM
Hi All need some help!!

I haven't tried anything with my Sagem Dbox since the channels went. I am thinking of changing the image on the dbox but havn't got a clue what I'm doing. Can anyone advise me on what I need to do and where can I get an image from?

Jaffa
6th May, 2008, 11:40 AM
Hi All need some help!!

I haven't tried anything with my Sagem Dbox since the channels went. I am thinking of changing the image on the dbox but havn't got a clue what I'm doing. Can anyone advise me on what I need to do and where can I get an image from?

You can get the image at link below.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6

you will need a crossover cable and an ftp client, Flashfxp is excellent for transferring to dbox and you can get that below, it has a guide included.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=176

If you need any help after you get that set up then please post back or better still, start a new thread in dbox section so it doesnt interfere and get mixed up with this feedback thread.

shezasingh
6th May, 2008, 06:49 PM
Cheers Jaffa I will give it ago.

mmfarhan
8th May, 2008, 12:34 AM
hi

can i attach network storage to the dbox and record videos on nas using this image

xenafan
10th May, 2008, 10:46 PM
There appears to be a problem with scanning in certain areas (ok in mine) with the new images due to a change with the cvs and the uk diffs dont work correctly any more i will be looking in to doing a update of Blade Quad next week.

Cheers

Xenafan

Jaffa
10th May, 2008, 10:49 PM
There appears to be a problem with scanning in certain areas (ok in mine) with the new images due to a change with the cvs and the uk diffs dont work correctly any more i will be looking in to doing a update of Blade Quad next week.

Cheers

Xenafan

Cheers xenafan m8, I actually havent tried scanning as I didnt need to but appreciate you looking into it incase i have to one day.

xenafan
10th May, 2008, 11:00 PM
Cheers xenafan m8, I actually havent tried scanning as I didnt need to but appreciate you looking into it incase i have to one day.

Been a few people with problems m8 did not understand what was happening as no body in my area was getting any issues Lincsat posted that there had been a change in the cvs and the diffs didnt apply correctly anymore and caused problems in certain areas with scanning.

Cheers

Xenafan

no1superguy
12th May, 2008, 08:53 PM
Nice job xenafan, I love the look of this.

Are the problems noticed anything to do not being able to change the settings? I a n00b and don't know what the cvs and diffs are.

My settings are frozen eg. It doesn't save a change in the network settings or the bouquets. Not sure what I done but I was trying to setup the recording to my pc via my network. I didn't work in the end (direct file or server).

breadman
12th May, 2008, 09:55 PM
:party :once again m8 you do it again well done:party :

pjmoss
13th May, 2008, 09:41 PM
Is this the best image available, as I am using commando 9.25

Jaffa
13th May, 2008, 09:47 PM
Is this the best image available, as I am using commando 9.25

One of the best, theres quite a few excellent images and its really up to personal preference. I use it and its great.

blah2809
15th May, 2008, 11:06 PM
Looking forward to trying this - Blade Trinity was my fave and although I see more stalls with Andromeda I like autotunes being able to jump from radio to tv.

Just seen that there's internet radio in this release - interesting KCRW here I come.

3 more posts....

blah2809
15th May, 2008, 11:55 PM
Confused now - got my 5 posts and now looking in the downloads section and the Blade Quad image isn't there - is it being updated?

Devilfish
16th May, 2008, 12:01 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/announcement.php?f=35&a=5

You could still see the contents of the download section, you just can't download until you have 5 posts.

It's up to the image creator or someone else to upload a new image without any keys.

blah2809
16th May, 2008, 09:44 AM
ah ok - thanks

evoaz
16th May, 2008, 12:26 PM
First of all hello all. Second of all ....Hellllp!

I've just had my Dbox reprogrammed with Blade - problem I am facing (in Kingston,Surrey area) is that it does not allow me to do a Service scan, well it starts but then fails after 10 secs. I've def. got a signal coming through - checked it with Virgin box.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Being my 1st post please excuse any ignorance on my behalf.

Thx

Jaffa
16th May, 2008, 12:49 PM

I've just had my Dbox reprogrammed with Blade - problem I am facing (in Kingston,Surrey area) is that it does not allow me to do a Service scan, well it starts but then fails after 10 secs. I've def. got a signal coming through - checked it with Virgin box.

Thx

I know some people have scanning issues with some of the later images including Blade Quad. Xenafan was looking into it but until then you could try a services and bouquets file from an area near you.

evoaz
17th May, 2008, 11:52 PM
I know some people have scanning issues with some of the later images including Blade Quad. Xenafan was looking into it but until then you could try a services and bouquets file from an area near you.

Where could I find this info.? and once I do is it a relatively simple process to get my box going?

Many Thanks... Again

tjlynch_ie
18th May, 2008, 12:56 AM
if you can scan the channels in an older image, you could try saving the services.xml from that.. install new image, then copy the services.xml file back over.... other than that you will can try to search for services.xml and surrey in google and see what it comes back with.

you can find some files here
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=19

nikki
18th May, 2008, 10:43 PM
Hi can you email me the blad 9.25 image? as i can not download it my self because iam new :S

no1superguy
19th May, 2008, 09:36 PM

Thx

The easiest way is to use the Set My Location option in the Quad menu (found by press the blue button). This will avoid the hassle with copying the services and bouquets :D

evoaz
21st May, 2008, 05:36 PM
The easiest way is to use the Set My Location option in the Quad menu (found by press the blue button). This will avoid the hassle with copying the services and bouquets :D

Fantastic! my box is alive - again. Many Thanks

xenafan
21st May, 2008, 09:24 PM
Really glad you got it sorted m8

cheers

Xenafan

Danril
24th May, 2008, 03:16 PM
Found this site by googling this image name as I've had problems scanning. This thread has proved very useful and the image has led me here, great site.

Looks like I'm going to have to learn how to ftp services etc!

This is what happens when you offer to help someone out, you end up having to learn stuff that they can't be bothered to do!

There seems to be some kind of conflict between the one transponder scan and the complete scan that's causing the issue but no doubt people are already aware of that.

Jocky666
25th May, 2008, 03:22 AM
Xena _Fan counldn't agree more very nice warrior princess!!!!!
BUT very tastey image, was asked by friend to sort out dbox after key AU balls up :beheaded:
And found image very appetising even found Ricky Hatton fight on normal search!!!!:dancing2:
Alot less messing around than with a Dream box ( My favoured box )
So thanks and nice one !!!!!:beer:

Jocky666 :beer::beer:

Found this site by googling this image name as I've had problems scanning. This thread has proved very useful and the image has led me here, great site.

Looks like I'm going to have to learn how to ftp services etc!

This is what happens when you offer to help someone out, you end up having to learn stuff that they can't be bothered to do!

There seems to be some kind of conflict between the one transponder scan and the complete scan that's causing the issue but no doubt people are already aware of that.

xenafan
26th May, 2008, 09:51 PM
Xena _Fan counldn't agree more very nice warrior princess!!!!!
BUT very tastey image, was asked by friend to sort out dbox after key AU balls up :beheaded:
And found image very appetising even found Ricky Hatton fight on normal search!!!!:dancing2:
Alot less messing around than with a Dream box ( My favoured box )
So thanks and nice one !!!!!:beer:

Jocky666 :beer::beer:

Nice one m8 will be doing a update this week and am working on andromeda 3 lots of work still to do on that but have got it running stable and nice picture on my sagem and a lot of new features.

Cheers

Xenafan

DonRosco
29th May, 2008, 09:28 PM
Nice job xenafan, I love the look of this.

Are the problems noticed anything to do not being able to change the settings? I a n00b and don't know what the cvs and diffs are.

My settings are frozen eg. It doesn't save a change in the network settings or the bouquets. Not sure what I done but I was trying to setup the recording to my pc via my network. I didn't work in the end (direct file or server).

Probably a bit late to this, but it sounds like your box has gone read only. The same happened to me when I was messing with recording. Basically, you've filled up the memory, and it needs a bit of wiggle room in there to delete files, so you can't change anything. I fixed mine by flashing with IFA.

Fleabum
2nd June, 2008, 05:02 PM
Nice to see you again Xena, thought you had been lost when DW closed its doors. Great image as ever. Thanks.

mini
5th June, 2008, 07:53 PM
Xenafan
I got blade quad image on my dbox2 but its gone off, any help pls..............

ruprect
6th June, 2008, 10:07 AM
Xenafan- I have not put on the new Quad image but will soon. I am still running Andromeda 2.0 in dublin. Frequencies changed a few months ago and I made a new cables.xml file with frequencies I predicted would be used. This file went onto andromeda fine.

Since the keyroll issue was fixed I was expecting them to change frequencies and mess channels around- and they have. 3 Frequencies changed, my scan picked up 2 of them but not the third 418250000, my file contained 418000000, but didnt pick them up on that. My working frequencies are now

I think some of them are not exactly what is used, but they work fine.

Now my problem is that I cannot find the cables.xml file at all. I have looked in Share/Tuxbox and var/tuxbox/config and it is not there. Does it change name or something? I never understood how your "set location" feature worked. Did you preset frequencies or does it somehow detect changes?

Would it be possible that setting my location to another place might allow me scan these dublin frequencies?

I have all my channels back fine by altering the services and ftp'ing it on. My other problem is I have a load of mates with dboxes with no PC or knowhow of FTP'ing. If they could select another region that would be easy. Otherwise I thought they could go via tuxbox commander and change the frequency being scanned to be 41825. I could go around again updating boxes with my laptop but I am certain they will do this again soon.

I cannot find a way to manually scan on andromeda, that could be another solution. I am also thinking of making a monster cable provider file, which might take all day to scan but should work. e.g.
etc
But I still cannot find where it should go!

Thanks for all the work on the keyrolls, the gbox key transfer makes it very easy.

EDIT: I found cables in share/tuxbox, I had been looking in the share folder within var. But I cannot edit the cables.xml file via tuxbox commander, I tried changing permissions but cannot get to edit it.

markymarc
6th June, 2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks, will give it a download and try over the weekend

monkeyboybing
8th June, 2008, 11:16 AM
Great image although be aware as soon as you install it you need to set location otherwise it states that no channels can be found when you search okay.

blah2809
8th June, 2008, 01:32 PM
Hey Ruprect

I posted a solution to this on another board - your cables.xml is ok but the location setting isn't - here goes:

I've just managed to get a full scan in Dublin. Not sure how comfortable you are with editing files on the box but here's what I did.

1. edited /var/tuxbox/config/setmylocation.conf and changed the line:

ACTION=&Dublin 2 - Ireland NTL, /var/plugins/setmylocationops 42755 2910000 6887

to be

ACTION=&Dublin 2 - Ireland NTL, /var/plugins/setmylocationops 42753 291000 6887

2. restart and then set location to "Dublin 2"

3. You then need to do a scan with the following settings:

Scan for services: all services
Bouquet: leave current
cable provider: CableUK Sym6887
Scan mode Complete
NETID: 42753 (will be set after the change in step 1)

save settings and scan

so the important changes are NetID (42755 to 42753) and frequency (2910000 to 291000)

this has worked for a few people

celticrobbo
8th June, 2008, 03:43 PM
where can i get the 1x version of this image?

the download notes state it can be easily modified for 1x but what do i have to do?

Derekwd
8th June, 2008, 09:15 PM
where can i get the 1x version of this image?

the download notes state it can be easily modified for 1x but what do i have to do?

Download Imageworks m8, you can covert a 2x to a 1x and visa versa with that.

Derek

sykogee
9th June, 2008, 10:28 AM
was using Andromeda 2 image x2 will try tonight

ruprect
9th June, 2008, 08:07 PM
Hey Ruprect

I posted a solution to this on another board - your cables.xml is ok but the location setting isn't - here goes:
so the important changes are NetID (42755 to 42753) and frequency (2910000 to 291000)

this has worked for a few people
Thanks for posting, it didnt work for me. Maybe it is since I may have changed my cables.xml from the original one.

Do you know what the netid means?

How did you come up with this solution? I see those numbers quoted on afterdawn from ages ago.

I found my cables.xml file in the share/tuxbox folder (I mistakenly looked in var/share/tuxbox) but I cannot edit it via tuxbox commander, I tried changing the rights but still cannot edit it.

plasterer
9th June, 2008, 10:26 PM
Net id is the Scan settings for your Area
Set my location
Use these settings with Fast scan enabled
Reboot your Box and you should be good to go
Put back your originel Cables XML file if it dont And re try .....Paul

blah2809
9th June, 2008, 11:39 PM
How did you come up with this solution? I see those numbers quoted on afterdawn from ages ago.

have an old post from yet another forum saved in bookmarks and that has the details.

bir087
10th June, 2008, 07:19 AM
Just downloaded Blade Quad 2XI and flashed on to Segam reciever.
Its just stuck on Blade Quad logo any ideas?, the box was working before
on sportster image forgot to make a backup on this.:banghead:

Derekwd
10th June, 2008, 09:37 AM
Flash it again using ifa,could be just a bad flash.

Derek

blah2809
10th June, 2008, 09:59 AM
Or it could be a 2x image on a 1x box

sykogee
10th June, 2008, 10:34 AM
How do I add additional EMUs to the system?.
I was using Andromeda with GBOX MGCAMD NEWCAMD etc how can i get these on to Blade Quad

Many Thanks in advance

ruprect
10th June, 2008, 10:36 AM
Net id is the Scan settings for your Area
Set my location
Use these settings with Fast scan enabled
Reboot your Box and you should be good to go
Put back your originel Cables XML file if it dont And re try .....Paul

OK, I will try with fast scan enabled again. If that doesnt work I will try with the original cables file. I am still unsure what net id does, does this tell it to scan from 291 to a certain frequency, say 500, with increments of .25?

e.g. is it scanning 291, 291.25, 291.5, 291.75, 292 etc

,I would like to know what is going on.
The frequency that is not scanning for most people is 418.25 I altered a cables file to 418.1, 418.2, 418.3 and it picked it up. So I am now thinking should I have a giant cables file, 100, 100.1, 100,2 - 999.8, 999.9.

This should cover all possibilities, it might take all day to scan, but no need for a laptop, and no need for tuxbox commander. people could leave it running all day when going to work.

I am going to test this out, I did one 1/5th that size before and it took a few hours. It might work on fast scan though.

plasterer
10th June, 2008, 03:11 PM
I was using Andromeda with GBOX MGCAMD NEWCAMD etc how can i get these on to Blade Quad

Many Thanks in advance

There alread on thet image mate
Push Blue button on remote
And scroll to Emu selection .....Paul

satsmo
10th June, 2008, 03:24 PM
OK, I will try with fast scan enabled again. If that doesnt work I will try with the original cables file. I am still unsure what net id does, does this tell it to scan from 291 to a certain frequency, say 500, with increments of .25?

e.g. is it scanning 291, 291.25, 291.5, 291.75, 292 etc

,I would like to know what is going on.
The frequency that is not scanning for most people is 418.25 I altered a cables file to 418.1, 418.2, 418.3 and it picked it up. So I am now thinking should I have a giant cables file, 100, 100.1, 100,2 - 999.8, 999.9.

This should cover all possibilities, it might take all day to scan, but no need for a laptop, and no need for tuxbox commander. people could leave it running all day when going to work.

I am going to test this out, I did one 1/5th that size before and it took a few hours. It might work on fast scan though.

If you are putting back your original cable.xml, dont forget to delete scan.config in var/tuxbox/config. Unplug the Dbox and then plug back in. The Net ID was incorrect for 291000 as it corresponded to 363000 and hence the conflict. Editing the Net ID allows it to scan the correct 13 TPs for your area. And as per the original post regards editing the setmylocations file, it does work on Blade Quad in Dublin.

ferrisbueller79
10th June, 2008, 04:55 PM
seems great going to try this one

ruprect
12th June, 2008, 10:46 AM

I put on a fresh andromeda and did the change and scan and it worked fine. I checked the scan.conf and it had the netid=42753 in it. While on my own andromeda no matter what region I pick the netid line does not appear.
So instead of changing the setmyloactions.config I am just editing the scan.conf and added in the missing line. This works and I have a mate who did it via tuxbox commander and it worked fine, all 145 channels back. Thanks a lot for your help. Thanks to Paul & satsmo too.

Below is the guide I made for my mates to fix their boxes via tuxbox commander. Much of the guide is robbed/edited from the previous keylist.txt editing guide. NOTE: this file is for dublin N*L

There are 2 things to do, edit a file, and rescan. In future all you should need is the rescan, they will start messing about more often now but a rescan is very simple compared to editing the file.

EDITING THE FILE.

1. Press the blue button and you will be in the features menu, scroll to Tuxbox Commander, press OK. You should now be looking at the files on the D Box.

2. Scroll to TUXBOX and press ok, If you don't see TUXBOX, scroll to VAR and press OK. If you do not see VAR then scroll to <DIR> in the top upper left of the screen & press ok. Either way you want to be in TUXBOX

3. When you have clicked OK on TUXBOX scroll to CONFIG & press OK

4. Scroll to SCAN.CONF and press 4 on your remote control (SCAN.CONF will not be visible, you must scroll downwards and it will be on the next page). ***It is important that you don't press OK when you scroll to SCAN.CONF , you must press 4 in order to edit the file. If you pressed OK in error , just press the Home button and start again.

5. After pressing 4 you should be looking at a screen with the following (or similar)

TP_fec=1
TP_freq=
TP_pol=0
TP_rate=
TP_satname=
TP_scan=0
bouquetMode=2
delivery_system=0
diseqcMode=0
diseqcRepeat=0
satCount=0
satNameNoDiseqc=DUBLIN FAST
scanSectionsd=0
scanType=3
scan_mode=0

(Note if you see weird boxes at the end of the lines press blue once)

You must change this to look like this (there may be a new line to be entered netid=42753, also if it doesnt say "DUBLIN FAST" do not worry this does not matter. it could be UK sym6887 or something else)

TP_fec=1
TP_freq=291000
TP_pol=0
TP_rate=6887
TP_satname=
TP_scan=0
bouquetMode=2
delivery_system=0
diseqcMode=0
diseqcRepeat=0
netid=42753
satCount=0
satNameNoDiseqc=DUBLIN FAST
scanSectionsd=0
scanType=3
scan_mode=1

To change them just scroll down to the line and press OK, then move the cursor right to move across to where you want to enter numbers using the numbers on the keypad, press until the number appears, just like a text message. If entering the same number twice you have to press right to get to the next space, just like texting. Press OK to edit the line, and OK again when finished. To change scan_mode=1 just highlight the 0 and press the up arrow to get it to show 1.

the ones to change should be:

TP_freq=291000
TP_rate=6887
netid=42753
scan_mode=1

To enter the "netid=42753" line scroll down to "satCount=0" and press green, this puts in a new line above it. If the line is already there just change/enter the numbers

Press ok on this new line and you can edit the line. Again letters are like a text message, the bottom of the screen shows which number will give the correct letter. The = is got by pressing number 1 3 times.

6. When you have changed all the lines, press the Home button, it will ask you do you want to save changes, scroll left to yes and press OK.

7. Now press home again get back to the TV screen.

8. Press the D-box button and scroll to service and press OK.

9. Scroll to "RESTART NEUTRINO" and press OK. This will take about 10 seconds and then go back to the TV screen. now you are ready to scan.

SCANNING FOR CHANNELS.

1. Press the D-BOX button, scroll to service and press OK.

2. Scroll to SERVICE SCAN and press OK.

3. Scroll to START SCAN and press OK.

Now all the channels should scan in, there should be approx
TV-145 RADIO-35 DATA-9

4. When the scan is finished keep pressing home until you are back to the TV screen, flick around if there is nothing on screen, if there is still nothing try switching it off and on again.

All the channels will be back but some will have moved to the very end, around 136 onwards, these can be moved back using bouquet editor in the service menu.

BRIN_1307
13th June, 2008, 01:27 PM
great image works pefect on my nokia dbox2.
great LCD EPG and SET LOCATION, liking the FAST SCANNING because before i had to wait like 30 mins b4 scan was complete.
Now pickin up 318 channels GREAT IMAGE.

psul
15th June, 2008, 02:13 PM
accidentally knackered my old image so took the opportunity to play with some of the newer images.
This one really is fantastic but I have one slight problem.I get full epg but the lcd epg plugin is saying no epg on the display?
Anything obvious I've missed in the settings?

Bobbyp20
16th June, 2008, 04:17 PM
I am still very much at the learning stage but have flashed Sporster and Laky Pro images and got them to work. However, I have tried a couple of Blade images and had no success. I tried entering the keys manualy and also copied my existing codes from Laky Pro as a text file. Then FTP'd them accross to replace the Blade text file. Still no joy.
This is my fifth post and I look forward to tryining out the new images I have just read about.
1. Is it best to replace the text file or should I enter the code manually?

2. Are there any other images which come with the auto update installed and ready to go. I don't mean to be lazy but I would rather have a working copy to look at and learn from.

thanks

Bobby
:barscarf:

BRIN_1307
16th June, 2008, 05:11 PM
download the chatbox toolbar try simple google search for this then on the toolbar go to FILES & FIXES=> DBOX FILES then select whether or not u want 1X image or 2X image, download BLADE QUAD it has the AU FIX then flash it to the box. When flashed and on ur box u need to set ur location, PRESS BLUE BUTTON=> SET LOCATION then you need to either FTP ur service.xml over or just simply do a SERVICE SCAN. Leave it on a pay channel like skysports for about 5 mins then the AU will auto pickup ur keys and u will get evry channel.

PS. IF U DOWNLOAD THE CHATBOX TOOLBAR THEN PLEASE GO TO THE 'FORUMS/CHATROOMS'=> COMMUNITY CHATROOM=> THE CHATTERBOX.CC COMMUNITY CHATROOM, AND SIGN UP 4 IT U WILL FIND ADVICE HERE AND ALSO PUT IN A GOOD WORD 4 ME, TELL THE ADMIN TO UNBAN ME LOL (BigMAQ/CHATBOX is admin)

Bobbyp20
16th June, 2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks. I got the images from the bigmaq toolbar a couple of weeks ago but must have been doing something wrong. I will have another go later as the wife is recording via the DBox just now. Is anyone else having the "black screen" problem?

Bobbyp20
17th June, 2008, 09:06 PM
Just a quick note to say a big THANKS to all. I now have Blade Quad up and running. Just one small question. Is the there a "quad" menu other than the "blade" menu? And if so how do I access it?

plasterer
17th June, 2008, 10:07 PM
Quad menu Acsess through the Blue Button on the Remote mate ....Paul

bossmansl
18th June, 2008, 12:11 PM
Is there a version of Quad that updates itself via CVS?

BRIN_1307
18th June, 2008, 06:30 PM
Is there a version of Quad that updates itself via CVS?

what do u mean CVS?

menacez
28th June, 2008, 10:19 AM
good to see the Blade/Andromeda images going on so strong. Well done Xenafan; awesome images mate :-)

mmg
5th July, 2008, 06:05 PM
cheers for the image guys :) works a treat, one question tho, I dont have a proper remote, so i cant find out the ip address of the box to use my laptop as a remote. can anyone share the standard ip please :-p

vibez
6th July, 2008, 10:30 AM
Great image, does that have the PVR_EPG channel?

BRIN_1307
6th July, 2008, 12:24 PM
cheers for the image guys :) works a treat, one question tho, I dont have a proper remote, so i cant find out the ip address of the box to use my laptop as a remote. can anyone share the standard ip please :-p

If u use a programme called dbox IFA to reflash ur box then it resets your ip to 192.168.0.202 u can check wot ip it will change to through the programe

I think it is 192.168.0.24 though but not sure because i changed mine, might be different.

Bliss IRL
6th July, 2008, 09:22 PM
Hey Xenefan great work on image can you help me out unable to scan on cork network i have subbed sagem but no netid info on it Symbol rate is 68750 frequency 322000 modulation 64 ........

I cannot scan for any networks at all no transponders detected , but when i put the latest oggg service and buket for working in dublin i get some channels not all missing half roughly .

channel change hangs quite a bit .

How do i get the netid for it ? i got modded infinte modem too ?.

tdk
8th July, 2008, 09:22 AM
thanks for the update Xenafan. will be updating soon. i have trinity on three boxes courtesy of m8 but need my own image in case of problems

tdk:elefant:

STU666
11th July, 2008, 09:04 PM
The Blade Quad image is really really good but i have noticed a small problem with it.
It is possible to record to your pc from your dbox. I have been doing this for a while using the boxcracker bluepeer image with no problems.
I updated to Blade Quad and i couldnt record. It seems that there is a folder missing in the /mnt folder. There should be a sub-folder called movies...../mnt/Movies

Can anyone tell me if the image is supposed to be like this and also how to remedy this

desadajo
11th July, 2008, 09:53 PM
Ok, I know everyone comes here and says," I'm a newbie to all this, and have just bought a DBOx2".
But I have and its come back from Germay, with a UK image, but all the installation menus are in German everything.
I have managed to navigate to the language selection but there is only Deutsch in there. Are these menus dependant on the image on the Box or not.
When booting it states GLJ image and that bit is in english.
If it is dependant on the image can someone help me out with the image and files for UK sheffield area please.

Thanks guys.

plasterer
11th July, 2008, 10:23 PM
If the Image is not uk modded then
It wont have uk Cables Xml installed
And will need reflashing
Simple procedure really
Wot options do you have for scanning in the Service Menu.....Paul

desadajo
12th July, 2008, 12:29 AM
Bouquet verwaltung - bouquet administration
Kanalsuche - channel search
Kanllisten neu laden - channel reload
neutrino neu starten - Neutrino restart
UCodes uberprufen - UCodes check
Software-Aktualisierung - Software update
All these I have to lookup and translate so it takes some time.

plasterer
12th July, 2008, 01:28 AM
Reflash the F**ER 2 mins
Theres plenty out there
sortisendligenout ....................Paul

desadajo
13th July, 2008, 10:46 PM
Paul,
Can you recommend an image ?
Or do they all do the same sort of thing?

sanchez
18th July, 2008, 10:34 AM
My mate has this build on his dbox2 and it is sweeeet. I have used ftp to my box b4 so i know how to do that but i have never used an image ile b4, what do i do with it? sorry to be a simple.

lincsat
18th July, 2008, 10:58 AM
The Blade Quad image is really really good but i have noticed a small problem with it.
It is possible to record to your pc from your dbox. I have been doing this for a while using the boxcracker bluepeer image with no problems.
I updated to Blade Quad and i couldnt record. It seems that there is a folder missing in the /mnt folder. There should be a sub-folder called movies...../mnt/Movies

Can anyone tell me if the image is supposed to be like this and also how to remedy this

You can FTP to your D-Box and create any folder name you like or you could mount a folder that's already there - you don't have to record to /mnt/movies - I use /mnt/rec

STU666
21st July, 2008, 05:42 PM
You can FTP to your D-Box and create any folder name you like or you could mount a folder that's already there - you don't have to record to /mnt/movies - I use /mnt/rec

Ive tried to create a folder using FTP but it says something along the lines of 'no such folder exists'. I really like the look of the Blade Quad image but i need to reord from the box to the pc. Ill keep trying different stuff and see what i can come up with. Many Thanks Linscat.

angus1972
25th July, 2008, 12:26 PM
can anyone tell me where i have went wrong when flashing this image.

Transfered the image to tmp folder

Next i went through the dbox remote part -

image update/backup/restore

flash read/write

write one partition (restore)

flash without bootloader

Then i get the message

File Selector
Cancel

Think im supposed highlight an image, but i see nothing except the above

Help plz

:rangers2:

<--angus1972 added 4 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...-->

Think i was supposed to reboot first,

Now it seems its jammed on starting up on the sportster image

burr1545
25th July, 2008, 01:05 PM
Yes as above, get yourself an FTP program, there's on in the download section.

Get your PC talking to the dbox2 and then you're ready to flash.

There's a guide here which will help you, it's for the dreambox box same principle.

Dreambox Guides, Tutorials, Tips and Hints How to Connect your Dreambox to your PC (http://www.dreamboxtips.com/how-to-connect-your-dreambox-to-your-pc/)

Copy your img file to the /tmp folder on the box.

Then, using the remote, do the following on the box...

DBOX
SERVICE MENU
SOFTWARE UPDATE
EXPERT-FUNCTIONS
WRITE ONE PARTITION
FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER

Select img file from the list and then ok.

Image will be flashed, takes about 2 mins then the box reboots.

When it comes back on it should have the new image on it.

see above

opps , replied too early ,,, i had this problem and what to do is backup the image first then look to see where it places that file , then make sure you out ur img file in the same location , might be /var/tmp btw

Burr

sunnyboyuk
28th July, 2008, 09:36 PM
does the Blade Quad eliminate the freezing or does that still occur?

is it better than the blade trinity or the pacino?

Devilfish
28th July, 2008, 09:43 PM
No image can be proven to be better than any other image. There are so many revisions of dbox2 which makes that statement impossible.

It may be a hardware issue with your box or a signal problem that's making your box freeze. Or even an EMU problem, mgcamd is known to freeze alot, evocamd is better.

The best thing you can do is try it out. If it's not any better than your previous image, flash your backup image again.

ruprect
30th July, 2008, 08:56 PM
No image can be proven to be better than any other image. There are so many revisions of dbox2 which makes that statement impossible.

That is true. I find blade quad stable, I also love its features, virtual zap, no need for full reboots on changes, customised menus so you can hide stuff and dumb it down for people who want it simple.

I have it on loads of mates sagems and nokias and there are no major problems (I think most problems are people messing with settings, esp. when freqs change etc)

I had a nokia that was freezing on evocam on a earlier blade, no trouble with blade quad. Also even chirpy sagems are not to bad on evocam, but it has gbox too which is running perfect on even very bad sagems. Also it has the easy evocam to gbox key transfer function so if you have a sagem I would certainly recommend it over all else.

clapton64
31st July, 2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks for all your work mate.
My pals box is flashed with blade quad and it runs like a sweetie.
Keep up the good work. clapton64

xenafan
1st August, 2008, 12:01 AM
Cheers lads been laid up with a back injury hopefully get going again now going to have a look at Andromeda 3 again its half done on my Sagem box.

Cheers to all

Xenafan

Devilfish
1st August, 2008, 12:03 AM
Hi xenafan,

Hope you're on the mend m8. :)

hotbaws11
1st August, 2008, 12:07 AM
Cheers lads been laid up with a back injury hopefully get going again now going to have a look at Andromeda 3 again its half done on my Sagem box.

Cheers to all

Xenafan

Get well soon... your images rock... especialy for the dodgy sagems... always been a fan ;)

Skiboy
2nd August, 2008, 07:12 PM

Cheers to all

Xenafan

Looking forward to Andromeda 3 its my favourite image...get well soon xenafan

cheers

gizmo.1484
3rd August, 2008, 12:49 AM

Cheers to all

Xenafan

Hope you get better m8.
My dbox cannot wait untill you release Andromeda 3 as it loves them images...
Keep up the good work m8.

xenafan
4th August, 2008, 10:28 PM
Hopefully get started next week its doing my head in not being able to sit at a computer for any length of time LoL!!

Cheers

XENAFAN

mediamazter
6th August, 2008, 08:18 PM
Ref the Internet Radio on this image,

When i use this the streams seem to break up, Play for a few seconds then stutter..

Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem. Can i do anything to improve the IR as i think its a quality addition.

Also does the opitcal out not work on IR, As can only get sound from the L/R outputs..

Using Nokia Dbox, Connected direct to router..

Ta

B

ruprect
10th August, 2008, 10:04 PM
Hopefully get started next week its doing my head in not being able to sit at a computer for any length of time LoL!!

Cheers

XENAFAN
Any new features on the new andromeda? Blade quad is running perfectly for me, the netid for dublin n*l was incorrect as you probably have read, I am also probably going to have somebody scan with a sagem 1x on dublin MMDS so can see if the netid works for it too.

Dunno if it is possible but it would be great if you could backup your bouquet & services file via remote and leave them somewhere on the box (not the tmp folder). So if a scan goes wrong you can get them back easily. I used to back up my image via remote before scanning, but if it goes wrong it needed a reboot and I lost the tmp folder contents.

xenafan
10th August, 2008, 10:32 PM
Post your new netids and i will make sure they are in the new Andromeda 3 lots of new features and you know stability across all boxes is what i aim for no good if only works on some not as easy has it seems!!

Cheers

Xenafan

ruprect
11th August, 2008, 01:16 PM
The netid for dublin cable N*L is 42753 and freq is 291000

I think the last images had it as 42755 and 2910000 (extra zero) there were 2 dublin settings though, I am guessing the other was MMDS or possibly Ch*rus.

I am not certain of the MMDS yet, the guy I know still has to try it.

When I try setting location now no netid appears in scan.conf. Not sure if that is all the messing around I have done that changed that. I must try it again with a fresh install of the original image. I also have to set to fast scan on, I am not sure if that comes on by default when you set location.

Nj2006
11th August, 2008, 04:40 PM
you know stability across all boxes is what i aim for no good if only works on some not as easy has it seems!!

i beg to differ here m8, surely all new images work on all boxes better because the tuxbox boys have improved the stabilaty of neutrino for the dbox 200%

isnt it just down to the fact of having 3 x neutrino.conf pre programed
for each box.

may i remind you that the set my location ideas were from a team commando image. and assure you it was hard work when it was first coded.

by changing a few numbers in a config file it doesnt give you the right to say any other image is less better than yours.

and remember the uk dbox community works together to improve and keep the stuff running and flowing ,it isnt just you.....

P.s Glad to hear your feeling better and ready to get back on the horse..

wert2009
15th August, 2008, 05:17 PM
got the dbox2 sagem in Blade Quad Image but carnt get it to work in warrington any help new to this i can flash but no luck after that
thanks

gizmo.1484
15th August, 2008, 05:58 PM
got the dbox2 sagem in Blade Quad Image but can get it to work in warrington any help new to this i can flash but no luck after that
thanks

A few areas have problems with scanning with the blade image instead of scanning your area try scanning your county, if that does not work then try a different image to do a scan then flip your service & bouquets to blade..

wert2009
15th August, 2008, 06:06 PM
loaded laky now its work find on laky put keeps frezzing any help on how to stop it thanks:party:

gizmo.1484
15th August, 2008, 06:21 PM
loaded laky now its work find on lake put keeps freezing any help on how to stop it thanks:party:

What emu are you using?

wert2009
15th August, 2008, 06:25 PM
its only got mgcamd and evocamd on it tryed both of them no luck

gizmo.1484
15th August, 2008, 06:33 PM
its only got mgcamd and evocamd on it tried both of them no luck

If your box is freezing then you need gbox.......
As your image as not got gbox what i would do is save your service & bouquets from lake to your pc then flip them to blade or get the gbox file from your blade image using newtuxflash from downloads....

wert2009
15th August, 2008, 06:34 PM
how do i flip my service & bouquets to blade am new to all this i just know how 2 flash thats all :eek:

gizmo.1484
15th August, 2008, 06:42 PM
how do i flip my service & bouquets to blade am new to all this i just know how 2 flash that's all :eek:

The same way that you flash a image........
But the service & bouquets files go in var/tuxbox/conf/zapit then press dbox button then go to service press that then press on channel reload this will give you channels.

wert2009
15th August, 2008, 07:04 PM
sorry you lost me now how do i how do i save the setting on the dbox and put a nother images in :jiggin:

gizmo.1484
15th August, 2008, 07:19 PM
sorry you lost me now how do i how do i save the setting on the box and put another images in :jiggin:

Connect to your dbox from your pc then press on VAR then TUXBOX then CONFIG then ZAPIT now you will see your service & bouquets files save both somewhere safe on your pc.
Now transfer your blade image to TMP file save it by remote to box.
When image as flashed then reconnect to dbox then transfer the files you saved to VAR/TUXBOX/CONFIG/ZAPIT then reload channels in the service menu..

mafia5
16th August, 2008, 03:27 PM
Any servicde files for leeds?

wert2009
16th August, 2008, 03:28 PM
hi again how do i conet my dbox to my pc :dontknow:

gizmo.1484
16th August, 2008, 03:43 PM
Download Flashfxp from downloads it as a guild to connect to your box you also need a crossover cable to connect your pc to box.

wert2009
16th August, 2008, 04:59 PM
thanks gizmo you been a great help thanks again

<--wert2009 added 51 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...-->

does the flashfxp work with visa has i carnt get it to work :questionmark:

ruprect
16th August, 2008, 06:03 PM
thanks gizmo you been a great help thanks again

<--wert2009 added 51 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...-->

does the flashfxp work with visa has i carnt get it to work :questionmark:
Not sure about vista. I have XP and to get FTP to work I must turn off all firewalls & antivirus stuff. Then have to disable my wireless connections and have my IP settings correct on the dbox and PC

wert2009
16th August, 2008, 08:30 PM
hi thanks any way gizmo i stick with lakys and have to put up with the freeing for now you be greate :beer:

plasterer
16th August, 2008, 09:29 PM
Flash FXP will run Smooth on Vista Mate No Probs .....Paul

wert2009
16th August, 2008, 11:40 PM
how do i get it to work :hmmmm2:

arabeman14
17th August, 2008, 08:30 AM
try this link
Digital Kaos - Downloads - PT-1s Dbox2 Helpfile (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=24)

wert2009
29th August, 2008, 10:42 AM
can u help me my d box2 sagems just went dead on me do you know what up there no power and it wont come bk on :dontknow:

dalcdog
13th September, 2008, 02:39 PM
what would people recommend as the best image for a nokia dbox2 in the northwest area?

Doublej
29th September, 2008, 09:14 PM
I have a Sagem D Box (2 I think) and guess what its not working. I haven't used the D Box for over a year. Now I want it to work it doesn't. I have a laptop and the machine thats it.
Can someone tell me what to do it detail. I know I need to download a flash update and send to my D Box. But from where and how do I load it?
Thanks for your time.

Derekwd
29th September, 2008, 11:31 PM
what would people recommend as the best image for a nokia dbox2 in the northwest area?

Its just a case of trying an image to see, any of the latest images are good give them a try and see which suits your box and you.

@wert2009 click the link above in post 141 provided by arabeman14 and have a read all you need in there m8.

@Doublej same advice as above PT1's help file has all the info you need.

Derek

minizone
1st October, 2008, 12:03 AM
fantastic image, best yet

DiddyDave
1st October, 2008, 02:44 PM
Blade Quad done this to help people with problem boxes

Done from the latest cvs some new features and old

Cable check
Lcd epg with 3 different displays
New scan features
Plus a lot more

Image set to just flash, set location, scan and go boots up on evocamd but anyone
with a problem running evo just wait until it clears then goto Quad Menu by pressing
the blue button then blue again and goto Keys Copy just copy keys across then Emu selection
and change to gbox should now run ok.

Hope this helps

Have Fun

In The Downloads 1x and 2x

Xenafan

I have a bit of a problem with this image and I hope it is some thing silly. I have put this image on and set it all up including the K*y* BUT for some reason it wont roll I have left it on for well over a few hours still no clearing of channels. Have I missed some thing some where..?

No matter I have fixed it the emu's were missing so added them in all ok now.
Had to create a folder called EMU in the Var/Bin/EMU and copied the EMU's in to there. This has now fixed it and it is working great.

DiddyDave
1st October, 2008, 04:34 PM

Many Thanks in advance

To add extra ENU's you need to create a folder called emu in the /var/bin then copy any extra emu's you want to use.

eg
/var/bin/emu/
camd2
evocamd
mgcamd

thebigman
31st October, 2008, 10:40 PM
To add extra ENU's you need to create a folder called emu in the /var/bin then copy any extra emu's you want to use.

eg
/var/bin/emu/
camd2
evocamd
mgcamd

don't forget to change the file permissions for the cams chmod 755 or they wont decode!

thebigman

elhefe
4th November, 2008, 12:16 AM
hi Zenafan what needs to be enabled on the image to get neutrino tv working. i had streaming to my laptop working on my commando 6 image but up til no luck trying to get it to work with blade quad? is there anything i need to check both on the box and with neutrino tv?

have been running blade quad for months now with no issues so thank you for a brill image
:congrats:

dave2014
4th November, 2008, 12:40 PM
hi Zenafan what needs to be enabled on the image to get neutrino tv working. i had streaming to my laptop working on my commando 6 image but up til no luck trying to get it to work with blade quad? is there anything i need to check both on the box and with neutrino tv?

have been running blade quad for months now with no issues so thank you for a brill image
:congrats:

I have a similar problem, it streams video since installing blade quad but no audio but I could never find anything I might have to enable to solve this. (as above Thankyou for this excellent image)

darren08
15th December, 2008, 04:12 PM
hi there ive been trying to download the ftr transfer file and commando but i can get the ftp file to open im using vista can anyone tell me what in doing wrong i bought a sagem 1x chip with sportster pro on it from getmany but it aint picKing up any chANNELS SAY FINDS LOTS OF TRANSPONDERS BUT NO CHANNELS

m0rph
21st December, 2008, 11:15 PM
Hello I`m new here...

I have made my intro post stating I used to play with dbox`s a long while back!

but i just cant get this nokia up and running...

i`ve installed the Blade Image, Set my location, Done a channel scan (comes up with 200+) then left it on sky sports 1 for a while but nothing is working!

I get FTA but no pay channels?

Any ideas on what i`m doing wrong?

Also i`ve tried putting the keys in myself. Does this look right (i`m in Swindon BTW)

N 5401 01 35XXXXXXXXX9941 ;ROM11 AU Key Time Sun Apr 27 10:04:43 2008
N 5401 00 7FXXXXXXXXX0AC5 ;ROM11 AU Key Time Sun Apr 27 10:04:43 2008

I`ve XXXX some of the number just incase we are not allowed to post keys...

if not can you tell me the format the should be in please.

Thanks for any advice.

Daz:santaclaus::top:

Derekwd
21st December, 2008, 11:35 PM
Hello I`m new here...

I have made my intro post stating I used to play with dbox`s a long while back!

but i just cant get this nokia up and running...

i`ve installed the Blade Image, Set my location, Done a channel scan (comes up with 200+) then left it on sky sports 1 for a while but nothing is working!

I get FTA but no pay channels?

Any ideas on what i`m doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

Daz:santaclaus::top:

You need to do a bit of reading m8, have a look in here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f35/nagrarom-auto-update-fix-29-11-08-a-14319/ that should answer all your questions

Derek

m0rph
21st December, 2008, 11:54 PM
You need to do a bit of reading m8, have a look in here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f35/nagrarom-auto-update-fix-29-11-08-a-14319/ that should answer all your questions

Derek

:cheer: YOU ROCK!

Thanks all up and running!

you guys realy know your stuff!

Daz:elefant:

cromer
23rd January, 2009, 12:01 PM
thanks for the info... sagem box working great with blade image and gbox after freezing birdy box running lakys-sylas image...

bispham1983
5th February, 2009, 01:11 PM
Hi, I am having trouble and help would be greatly appreciated. i have just flashed the blade quad image to my dbox as i couldnt get the keys to update on andromeda. i am trying to use the files to auto update the keys but now the problem i am having as that when i try to access the var/scce folder with flash fxp it says "550 Failed to change directory"
Please Halp
Thanks

gizmo.1484
5th February, 2009, 01:30 PM
If you are using the blade image on a dbox you only need to put the new rom fix in var/k#y
You only use var/scce on a dreambox

bispham1983
5th February, 2009, 01:40 PM
thanks for the quick reply. i dont have a var/k#y folder there i only see scce. do i need to create var/key manually?

gizmo.1484
5th February, 2009, 01:50 PM
If you have not got a var/k#ya then you can input one your self.
You need to delete scce so transfer your files to your pc name k#ys then go to var and transfer the k#y files if you have not got them files you can get them from here >>>>
http://rapidshare.com/files/194048971/keys.zip.html

This file as already got the fix in so just transfer to var then restart emu reboot then put on s#y sports 1 until clear takes 5min max.

bispham1983
5th February, 2009, 08:51 PM
Brilliant. Thanks very much for your help, i was about to hurl my dbox out the window when ss1 came to life. Thanks again.

humpalumpa
9th February, 2009, 11:29 PM
i mate i am using blade dbox 2 image but could you tell me were i put keys and roms by the way great image ps new to all this
thanks

gizmo.1484
9th February, 2009, 11:30 PM
i mate i am using blade dbox 2 image but could you tell me were i put keys and roms by the way great image ps new to all this
thanks

The k#ys & roms go in var/k#ys

rhstuart
5th March, 2009, 11:59 PM
I need a image for a Sagem chipset 1 dbox for East of london area provider Virgin Media

plasterer
6th March, 2009, 12:11 AM
Nice first post mate
Try abit of reading through this thread first
Any image of the correct chip type will scan that location....Paul

tactix
6th March, 2009, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the great feedback m8

Couldnt agree more about images most of the time its the dbox that ends up makeing the choice i think we are just along for the ride. lol!!

Cheers

Xenafan

firstly cheers for the great image had my sagem x1 for 2 days and ive tried every image out ( and i mean every )
and yours is the only image my box plays well with

no chirping thanks to the copy keys option all i need to sort out now is the signal strength issue

so cheers n beers bud for your hardwork

gingaldo
19th June, 2009, 10:40 AM
Hi there to you all can you tell me where i migh foind the software and images that require to get my channels to work. If possible information on the software that i need to use thaqnkyou for any help.

atoadstool
26th September, 2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the image.
Everything up and running recording ,vlc streaming etc ,
but does anyone have any hints for getting the vnc plugin going on my nokia .

i have vnc.cfg and vnc.so (755) in /var/tuxbox/plugins
and vnc.conf in /var/tuxbox/config with the settings
server=192.168.1.3
port=5900
scale=1
passwd=123456789

on vista vnc server is working normally in service mode
Running as administrator)
and port 5900 is forwarded in my router.

pressing blue > VNCviewer in the quad menu does nothing

thanks in advance

andrew02392
2nd December, 2009, 08:15 PM
can someone tell me where i can download blade quad from cheers

GlasgaFlasher
17th April, 2010, 05:24 PM
Hi, soz to bother you all but cant seem to get channels to display do I need to reload the service Bouquets and how do I update the emu keys?

Cheers
Jamie

lickerdyslick
17th April, 2010, 05:38 PM
when was the last time you had channels ?

thed0ctor
18th June, 2010, 09:20 PM
hi sorry to bother you im looking for an image for my dbox any good ones about

thed0ctor
18th June, 2010, 09:25 PM
ive gota dbox 2 but needs reloading can anyone help i need a image

thed0ctor
19th June, 2010, 04:07 PM
can anyone help me

Bulld0g
19th June, 2010, 04:14 PM
can anyone help me

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Images (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-images-6/)

robbiesadler
15th July, 2010, 04:14 PM
I'm having trouble flashind a dbox 2 every time i go to flash without bootloader then select an image there's no image in the list ..... I've made sure it's in tmp folder and it's a img file ..

can you help me

LraiZer
15th July, 2010, 04:34 PM
are you moving the dbox to another room after uploading image file to /tmp folder and then attempting to flash it in the other room? if so then the image file will not be there in /tmp. the /tmp folder is not a static folder on the dbox, it is only 15meg of temporary allocated memory. anything placed in /tmp folder will be lost when power is pulled from the box.

robbiesadler
15th July, 2010, 05:34 PM
Cheers LraiZer !!!! I could kiss/suck you X
(http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/1378-lraizer/)

silverback
18th July, 2010, 09:15 PM
hi there I am tring to up date my now freeview D-Box I have had them for quite a few years and are missing the benifits a lot (Motor GP is not the same on Beeb 2!) HD would be nice being not much cop at software side would it be worth my while to go for a starview HD or am i better of tring a Starview 6 any help would be much apreciated