PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy Ace

Couchie
7th October, 2011, 09:24 AM
Could someone tell me how to unlock a Samsung Galaxy Ace please :D

Canker_Canison
7th October, 2011, 04:41 PM
Take it to a shop & say 'can you unlock this for me?'

Look on ebay for someone who can supply the codes.

Call the network & beg for the unlock codes.

rayjay
7th October, 2011, 04:47 PM
i have tried a few places all have said no to the galaxy ace s5830, apart from one. they had my phone for 2 hrs today and still couldnt unlock it via the usb and remote code. its on 3network at present but wanted to use giffgaff. 3 wont give me the code as its only 3months old

happy_highlander
7th October, 2011, 06:00 PM
i have tried a few places all have said no to the galaxy ace s5830, apart from one. they had my phone for 2 hrs today and still couldnt unlock it via the usb and remote code. its on 3network at present but wanted to use giffgaff. 3 wont give me the code as its only 3months old

There is a manual unlock method that requires you to root the phone then use a hex editor to retrieve your code. Even though it is confirmed as working it is very dangerous and one mistake is likely to brick your phone. The choice is yours if you would like a link to the instructions let me know.....I am quite comfortable messing about with this sort of thing but this method looks a bit scary

Couchie
8th October, 2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the replies :D

Canker_Canison
8th October, 2011, 11:42 PM

You need to find a shop that has the Z3X box.

I'll have one soon, but it's going to take me a while to work out what I'm supposed to do with it.

rayjay
16th December, 2011, 08:02 PM
You need to find a shop that has the Z3X box.

I'll have one soon, but it's going to take me a while to work out what I'm supposed to do with it.

since getting my first galaxy ace ive unlocked loads with hardware and with remote unlock codes. to be honest your better off with an unlock code unless you have the hardware (i have) with a code its put wrong sim in and enter number simple as. the phone is now factory unlocked, wont relock ever. the next step is a quick debrand i have bought the galaxys unlocked within 5mins via hardware and debranded in a further 10mins. debranded makes it faster as ur not getting tied up with start up logos and it will run smoother.

anyone need any advice on galaxys any models just ask

Canker_Canison
18th December, 2011, 02:43 PM
Digging this one up from the depths of hell lol

NSpro unlocks the Galaxy Ace

I don't use boxes for debranding, prefer freely accessible software like odin & generic firmware.

sasty
5th January, 2012, 10:18 PM
sorry ,,....

Couchie
7th January, 2012, 11:56 AM
Digging this one up from the depths of hell lol

NSpro unlocks the Galaxy Ace

I don't use boxes for debranding, prefer freely accessible software like odin & generic firmware.

Paid ?15 and got it unlocked :)

Cheers