PDA

View Full Version : Stopped Working

packmanuk
8th October, 2011, 01:22 PM
My dm800hd has stopped working. When I switch on no lights come on at all although there is a buzzing sound from the box which wasn't there when it worked.

I got it from ukdreamshop in june this year. What can i do ? Do they give a 12 month warrenty ?

Can i fix it ?

nathan2007
8th October, 2011, 01:44 PM
is the lan light flashing at the back?

packmanuk
8th October, 2011, 02:00 PM
NO, the lights flicker on at the back when I plug in but then nothing

porter1
8th October, 2011, 02:27 PM
mine has ethernet on and sometimes flicker on the front screen,check,should do a warranty if ye dont wanna mess with it yourself,me m8 got one from there yaers ago sold as a original but was a clone

Curious123
8th October, 2011, 02:52 PM
I got it from ukdreamshop in june this year. What can i do ? Do they give a 12 month warranty ?

Can i fix it ?

I brought a box from there and the tuner died after 2 months so mailed him and he sent me a replacement tuner. From past expeience he didn't do a 12 month warranty but seemed reasonable whenever I had any problems. Call them and see what they say about the box.

packmanuk
8th October, 2011, 03:06 PM
I've emailed him but not heard back yet. Anyone else had this problem and know what it could be ?

Just a buzzing sound from the box and no lights come on.

waj_uk
8th October, 2011, 04:41 PM
Yes i started a thread over a week ago about mine same problem, could be anything from PSU to needing new capacitors, reseating tuner, also check sim card is in place properly. I tried all these and still had no luck

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

packmanuk
8th October, 2011, 05:38 PM
Just before it stopped working it said something about tuner failed. It was showing the sat moving symbol in the top right corner of the screen but I hadn't moved the dish. I checked the sat signal and it showed zero as if the dish had moved although I didn't move it.

I tried to move to another sat but it wouldn't move. I then tried to rest the box and it never came back on.

smoggie
8th October, 2011, 07:29 PM
Ukdreamshop usually do 12 month warranty and have resolved a few issues i have had with faulty boxes, although they may have to send your box back to china if you have had it more than 30 days. I have pm'ed their msn to you.

porter1
8th October, 2011, 08:16 PM
ive nearly give up on me m8s one with similiar problem,hard just to get it to show anything on the screen,its strange why they wont go into some boot mode to reflash

packmanuk
8th October, 2011, 08:36 PM
Great if they have 12 months warranty but I wouldn't want to wait while they sent it back to china. How long would that take ? I can't be without everything until thats all done.

Does anyone do repairs ?

porter1
8th October, 2011, 09:02 PM
be handy if there was someone near liverpool for repairs,me m8 down london is offline lately who done mine a while ago,capacitor has gone on mine

packmanuk
8th October, 2011, 09:11 PM
Its the power pack. I tried 1 from my daughters netbook and it worked fine. I'll just have to get a new power pack and everything should be fine.

porter1
8th October, 2011, 09:22 PM
get the muti voltage one from maplins?14.90 but has safety features on it,i had two dreambox ones that burnt out,nice one,good to see ye sorted