PDA

View Full Version : Enigma2 a real mystery for me!!

janu74
8th October, 2011, 06:07 PM
Dear Sat users,

I have recently upgraded my DM from a 600 to DM500HD and with it came the change from Enigma1 to Enigma2. This meant that the few things that I managed to learn on ENIGMA1 suddenly became useless and I had to start from scratch!!!

A problem I am facing is installation of plugins and addons. HOW can I do this!!! As many of you my DM is PW protected and I do not know what the PW is. So any option which requires knowledge of the PW is out of question for me.

Can anyone help me out please because I would like to get the maximum out of my DM.

Thanks

micflair
8th October, 2011, 06:38 PM
What image are you using mate? There will be a plugin option somewhere, where you install them from the box itself - no password needed..

smoggie
8th October, 2011, 07:31 PM
probably has been password protected by whoever he bought it off. Have a search through threads as their has been similar threads recently

alom5
8th October, 2011, 10:01 PM
flash a new image....will get rid of the password and you can do what you want then. :)

janu74
9th October, 2011, 08:03 AM
From where can I check the image type on my DM?

I do have an option for Addons and I can access it but when I select a plugin to be installed the progress bar stops after a few seconds and altough on screen it says installation complete when I go to the plugins section it is nowhere to be found!!

alom5
9th October, 2011, 09:49 PM
After installing the plugin you need to restart the gui then it will show under plugins.

janu74
10th October, 2011, 05:47 PM
I will try to do what you suggested but if I am not mistaken I do restart the DM after installation since the DM prompts you to restart the box after installation.

Well I will try it again and check what happens!!

Thanks for your help.