PDA

View Full Version : VOLVO FH12 ECM CHANGE

makura
9th October, 2011, 08:49 PM
HI Guys

Is it possible to swap ecu's on a volvo fh12 truck,and what does one have to do to get the truck started using a ecu removed from another truck of simillar model?

dimitar22
12th October, 2011, 08:29 PM
HI Guys

Is it possible to swap ecu's on a volvo fh12 truck,and what does one have to do to get the truck started using a ecu removed from another truck of simillar model?

It is possible on truck with D12A engines, i have tested it on volvo FH12 380hp and the truck started without any problem, be careful the ecu must be from truck with same HP.

Alexx60rus
12th October, 2011, 09:09 PM
be careful the ecu must be from truck with same HP.
Not only the same power, but also from one type of injectors (BOSCH or Lucas-Delphi). ECU D12C and D12D also come without the immobilizer. Immobilizer in them can be turned off.

makura
13th October, 2011, 06:36 AM
Not only the same power, but also from one type of injectors (BOSCH or Lucas-Delphi). ECU D12C and D12D also come without the immobilizer. Immobilizer in them can be turned off.
can you help with the guide on how i can do that?
On the injectors isn't there a feature to change the type of injectors and injector calibration in the ecm?i am new at this VOLVO thing so i just want to have some general knowledge before i can dig in to it,my game has always been CUMMINS and DETROIT.

dieselequipos
13th October, 2011, 01:37 PM
can you help with the guide on how i can do that?
On the injectors isn't there a feature to change the type of injectors and injector calibration in the ecm?i am new at this VOLVO thing so i just want to have some general knowledge before i can dig in to it,my game has always been CUMMINS and DETROIT.

friend makura only see on ecm , same injector :? (1 or 2) and same HP original truck , yo need test on truck your change ecm not have inmmobilizer for this run without problems.

makura
13th October, 2011, 02:41 PM
ok i have been looking at 3 different ecms,with a different injector types,horse power and exhaust brake types.the hard ware is all the same.
Which brings me to my next question,if all the hard ware is the same surely all one needs is to change the software,right?there must be a tool that should be able to do that.when they make these ecms i am sure they calibrate them according to the truck's other hard ware like injectors HP etc,then the tool they use to do this should be able to change this,or not?

makura
13th October, 2011, 02:48 PM
Damb design i have noticed that they used eeproms that can only be erased buy a UV light,that is why you cant change the calibration,cool.
So all one needs is a UV eraser and copies of files from the different kinds of trucks,with different HP and Injectors.

Alexx60rus
13th October, 2011, 04:22 PM
About what we're talking ECU - D12A, C or D? Hardware ecu the same. Change power, type of injectors, etc - can be written in flash and eeprom working pair available. The second option - to have friend dealer Volvo and VCADs.

makura
13th October, 2011, 04:48 PM
About what we're talking ECU - D12A, C or D? Hardware ecu the same. Change power, type of injectors, etc - can be written in flash and eeprom working pair available. The second option - to have friend dealer Volvo and VCADs.
Yes its the D12A-D that we are talking about,so are you telling me dealers can change all these things,what tool do they use?Is it VACDS development mode or ELITE mode?

Alexx60rus
13th October, 2011, 05:51 PM
The dealer asks the server firmware to a specific chassis number and updates the ECU. Or sells the firmware it has received from the server to you. I have DevTool, unfortunately with it, not all can be changed in the configuration.

makura
13th October, 2011, 06:07 PM
ok i get it,all calibration come from the server,no dvd for calibrations,mind to share your devtool?

Alexx60rus
13th October, 2011, 06:19 PM
Check PM .........

dieselequipos
16th October, 2011, 01:00 AM
Check PM .........

yes is a real process

germi
16th October, 2011, 01:11 AM
Hi

D12A: You can swap ECU when Injector Type and Engine Brake are the same (horse power not soo important).

D12C: the same but gives some fault code cause missmatching chassis ID between Engine ECU and the others, but runs without problems.

D12D: Here you have to separate which Version of electrical System you have in truck!!!
Is there the "old" Insturment cluster with small display on the left lower corner (= Version1 =) same behavior like D12A/C

BUT: If you have BIG display in Center of the Instrument Cluster (= Version2 =) truck wont start anymore cause of missmatching Chassis IDs between EngineECU, VECU and LCM.

ALL THESE ECU SWAPS WILL ONLY WORK IF TRUCK HAS NO IMMOBILIZER!!!

Best regards...

Alexx60rus
16th October, 2011, 09:17 AM
D12A: You can swap ECU when Injector Type and Engine Brake are the same (horse power not soo important).
With more powerful engines are installed composite piston with steel bottoms.

D12C: the same but gives some fault code cause missmatching chassis ID between Engine ECU and the others, but runs without problems.
Yes, if the D12C with the firmware without the immobilizer

D12D: Here you have to separate which Version of electrical System you have in truck!!!
Is there the "old" Insturment cluster with small display on the left lower corner (= Version1 =) same behavior like D12A/C
Never heard about Version1 with D12D engine :saint:

BUT: If you have BIG display in Center of the Instrument Cluster (= Version2 =) truck wont start anymore cause of missmatching Chassis IDs between EngineECU, VECU and LCM.

ALL THESE ECU SWAPS WILL ONLY WORK IF TRUCK HAS NO IMMOBILIZER!!!

Again, not true! Not all trucks of the version 2 of have the procedure for checking the chassis number. :beer: In other words - even if the immobilizer is activated, but the procedure checking the chassis number is off , engine will start with someone else's chassis number in the LCM and VECU

makura
16th October, 2011, 04:25 PM
This is getting interesting,i am sure i am not the only one getting confused here,i know we all have tried one or two things and i dont mind contradictions,this will avoid my making the same experiments as the guys who have been there before me,so lets share and correct each other.
Got a feeling this thread will be way off better than any that i have started on this forum,lets dig in gentle people.

renesis
17th October, 2011, 03:27 PM
well, I have a FM-9 equipped with a FM-12 D12C ECU here due to the fact that the Volvo dealer did not have a new/spare FM-9 (D9A) ECU. It is working well but not optimal though. Chassis ECU and Engine ECU do not match, prompting some diagnosis to be unavailable.

dieselequipos
19th October, 2011, 04:12 AM
well, I have a FM-9 equipped with a FM-12 D12C ECU here due to the fact that the Volvo dealer did not have a new/spare FM-9 (D9A) ECU. It is working well but not optimal though. Chassis ECU and Engine ECU do not match, prompting some diagnosis to be unavailable.

my friend renesis , your dealer dont have new par of ecu om FM9 this is real problem but is sincerely contact other dealwer for this.

daviee
27th December, 2011, 07:10 PM
Hi!

The immo content is in the 28F200 or in the 28HC256?
Is it rolling code or can i upload my old flash from 2 years ago to new ECU without problem?I need change ECU D12D,but the present flash can't read :-(

thank you.
BR

dieselequipos
29th December, 2011, 05:16 AM
Hi!

The immo content is in the 28F200 or in the 28HC256?
Is it rolling code or can i upload my old flash from 2 years ago to new ECU without problem?I need change ECU D12D,but the present flash can't read :-(

thank you.
BR

i undertand you use new ecu yes or no? , is same part number or other part number?
if thi s other part number , ther news last ecus have other checksum and flash dont read this ..

you undertand?

daviee
2nd January, 2012, 08:54 AM
i undertand you use new ecu yes or no? , is same part number or other part number?
if thi s other part number , ther news last ecus have other checksum and flash dont read this ..

you undertand?

Hardware is the same part nr. and i have the flash from old ECU.
Can this upload to the new(used) ECU ? Or will be problems with immo?

Thanks

dieselequipos
3rd January, 2012, 04:53 AM
Hardware is the same part nr. and i have the flash from old ECU.
Can this upload to the new(used) ECU ? Or will be problems with immo?

Thanks

if you use same old flash dont have problem because you use original flash of information , use copy of flash and eeprom , and thi work good.

renesis
3rd January, 2012, 12:02 PM
apart from these, we have a working FM9 (D9A) with a FM12 (D12C) engine mounted on it.
Every now and then error messages saying VECU does not match EECU, incorrect chassis ID..etc
But vehicle starts fine, runs fine, except you cannot test injectors.

hugos31
24th October, 2012, 02:49 AM
Damb design i have noticed that they used eeproms that can only be erased buy a UV light,that is why you cant change the calibration,cool.
So all one needs is a UV eraser and copies of files from the different kinds of trucks,with different HP and Injectors. http://imageshack.us/a/img32/7016/34844152073078424853572.jpg,,,, http://imageshack.us/a/img9/9941/34844152073074424741918.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img100/7536/38317152074442458991814.jpg

rubin_miki
20th December, 2012, 01:37 PM
FM12 can be make immo off?

hugos31
20th December, 2012, 03:06 PM
FM12 can be make immo off?
no seas gil....eso lo puedes hacer con devtool

makura
20th December, 2012, 04:36 PM
no seas gil....eso lo puedes hacer con devtool
??????????????:giveup:E N G E L E S H PARAFAVO :stupido:

dieselequipos