PDA

View Full Version : vax carpet cleaner

Lainie
11th October, 2011, 04:33 PM
anyone got one? know anyone that has one? are they any good etc? i looked at hiring a carpet cleaner but they were ?33 with the cleaning fluid and i say a vax cleaner at b and q for ?75 i think.

feedback welcome.

Canker_Canison
11th October, 2011, 04:38 PM
Used one the other week to clean the mattress before passing it to the partners teenage son.

Worked quite well as a hand tool.

The biggest problem is controlling the water flow so the carpets don't get to wet.

It will also help if you know what the carpets are made of. If it's wool you'll have a problem with using a vax. Wool carpets like to stretch & move when wet.

You won't need their own cleaning fluid. Just pick something up you like & know works.

gmb45
11th October, 2011, 04:38 PM
pish dont bother m8, borrowed one of the fat ens sister fews ago, they not powerful enough takes ages to move just a bit of dirt, carpet ends up pish wet thru because the suction is shite, :puke:

RedSpider
11th October, 2011, 04:39 PM
my missus borrowed her sisters vax. apparently they work really well but can be back breaking work.
having not used it myself, i cannot comment on how hard they are to use or whether my missus is just a pussy.
i'm much more of a 'buy a new carpet' type of guy lol

cactikid
11th October, 2011, 08:52 PM
i have the vax steam wand and wanted to clean dirty carpet,but did not work as it still left the stain.

McMav
12th October, 2011, 11:46 AM
I've got a Bissel. Works a treat. Ignore Gmb fud :D

Carpets only get too wet if YOU let them.

RedSpider
12th October, 2011, 08:32 PM
I've got a Bissel. Works a treat. Ignore Gmb fud :D

Carpets only get too wet if YOU let them.

Or if you invite me into your house. I will deliberately, and without shame, pi55 everywhere