PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading image on DM600

pzi
29th December, 2008, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone, I need some help please - new to the Sat scene.:hmmmm2:

I have a DM600 with Gemini 4.0 loaded (+ 1m motorised dish); I want to upload image to Gemini 4.5 (or 4.6?). Read many posts suggesting that the best way is to use Telnet and then flash image using web browser.

Happy to do that but my only concern is not to lose the sat position info....read on another forum that the best thing to do is copy the position info found in the enigma config file and add this to the updated config file and save....and then switch off/on (don't reboot).

Can anyone confirm that this will work? I would not like to reinstall all the sat positions....

Also, just another question! Will the ip address of the Dreambox before Telnet be the same after Telnet (even if DHCP turned off)?

Thanks in advance.

bobon5106
29th December, 2008, 04:55 PM
dreambox control center will backup or you can telnet and backup
telnet to the box and write the following command after loggin in:

cat /dev/mtd/3 > /var/tmp/backup.img

you can download this image to your pc, so you can always switch back to this backup image.

how to switch back:
first ftp the file to the dreambox in /var/tmp/
then telnet to the box and use following commands:

cd /var/tmp
eraseall /dev/mtd /3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3
reboot
ip address you can change back to original through menu setup expert setup

hth bobon

pzi
29th December, 2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks Bonbon.

The question about the ip address was at the time of upgrading....

Say the box had an address of 192.168.1.100, will Telneting to the box for bootloader change this address? If address is the same then obviously I can log into it via browser but if the address changes, I cannot?

Does this make sense or am I missing something?

opsmonkey
30th December, 2008, 01:49 AM
The easiest way to flash an image is with a program called DreamUp and a null modem cable.

pzi
30th December, 2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks Opsmonkey - I have a little experience with DreamUp on the cable side....

Problem on the Sat side is when you have a motorised dish! Don't want to search and scan all the satellites again.

Just worked it out....after telnet, I can find out the 'new' ip address from my Linksys router ('client list') then open up a web page with that address and then should be able to flash new version of Gemini.

Incidentally, any feedback on v4.5 or v4.6?

thered
30th December, 2008, 02:47 PM
Problem on the Sat side is when you have a motorised dish! Don't want to search and scan all the satellites again.

you dont need too once you have the satellites stored you can save the boquet or you can put a satellite xml into your box and your channels will be there automatically without scanning