PDA

View Full Version : How to Reflash Openbox S9

JFADHAM
12th October, 2011, 01:28 PM
I am trying to reflash my opebox because I loaded a .abs file that has a password I cannot access so I cannot use the usb upgrade.
So I download and unzip the STBHD_LAN_MM.rar (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f184/62110d1305030859-ftp-tool-openbox-s9-hd-pvr-stbhd_lan_mm.rar) file, I unzipped, ran the program STBHD_LAN_MM and set the Box IP (192.168.000.002)
Then I Entered the Password, the default Password is [0 0 0 0]

I got the message wait 20 seconds, then I got message cannot connect

Also I bought USB Converter 232 Model U232-P9 and a Null cable. Also I ran EromUpgrade.exe and set it to Com4, bits rate 115200, Parity even
(I am running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, the driver loaded on Com4 and the driver set to bits rate 115200, parity even)
I get a message opening serial port failed. I tried to do it with openbox power off and with power on. Also I made sure the setup in openbox is on, bits rate 115200, parity even same as in PC.

Does anyone has a sugestion? Thanks http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

wortho
12th October, 2011, 01:54 PM
hi mate , have you tried to do a factory reset, then reboot, it should have , put it back to before that file was added, i know it sounds daft but have you tried opening a diffrent comms port, if you have done the reset, its ages since i have done it but the null modems sometimes were a bit picky, i found that using an older version of windows was easier to pick up the null lead ask one of your mates, can you try there computor.also try getting the original factory basic firmware that came with the box before it was flashed, there is a version on the net that gets it right back to basic box, sorry in work so cant do a search for you, hope you get it going mate.

darcu5
12th October, 2011, 04:54 PM
did you read this one m8, especially post number 4.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/stuck-209267/

JFADHAM
12th October, 2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks for trying to help.

I need to be able to do it through Network (Using LAN / PC) or the Twin protocal (Using USB Null cable / PC) I tried both and Failed.

darcu5
13th October, 2011, 10:30 AM
hi, just wondering if you have got anywhere with this yet, i didnt think doing through lan would work as it wont start up so not connecting to lan, also i think people have had problem doing the usb to null modem cable on windows 7.. if you can try an older xp computer

torreal
13th October, 2011, 04:05 PM
hi, just wondering if you have got anywhere with this yet, i didnt think doing through lan would work as it wont start up so not connecting to lan, also i think people have had problem doing the usb to null modem cable on windows 7.. if you can try an older xp computer

Yes, this seems to be the accepted norm for recovery.

A dedicated serial port on a PC tower and people have had to vary the COM port setting, often achieving success after various attempts!

The old Dreambox 7000 had similar quirks.

Best of luck with this. :top: