PDA

View Full Version : Satellite

scotti81uk
29th December, 2008, 05:48 PM
Hi,

I have set up a freeview sateliite in the house and now have a dreambox. I get more channels on the freeview box than I do on the Dreambox.

Is this correct?

I am on Astra2ADB where i seem to get the most channels but it is still limited. What should I point at.

Also I am using the DK Image v1.1. How do i get the codes onto the box please? ALso would they have any benefit considering the channles I have?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks guys

magpie1971
29th December, 2008, 05:54 PM
no channels clear on astra! you will need to point dish at thor 1west
to enter keys download md key plugin and ftp it to your var/tuxbox/plugin folder:ahhhhh::ahhhhh:

sunlight786
29th December, 2008, 06:01 PM
if its still free box and a lot of chanels are showing $$$$

with same set up astra2a 28.2 i think if i change the direction of my sky dish the way yoy said ??????is that give me any thing????

C64
29th December, 2008, 07:03 PM
no channels clear on astra! you will need to point dish at thor 1west

Why only 1 west?

What about all the other open packages on 19 east, 13 east etc?

@ OP, you could investigate Cardsharing and you'll get everything you ever wanted.

cauliflower69
29th December, 2008, 07:09 PM
you aint going to pick up much with ure zone 1 sky dish m8 tbh.

Do you have your dreambox connected to the net ?

sunlight786
29th December, 2008, 07:39 PM
forgive me if i post in wrong section please thanks

at the movement i got cable with all chanels but i am reading a lot about using sshhy card on other boxes.......i want to experiment but i am confused and cant get good answer from any where or people dont want to share but still i hope some one ganna help me for that

1_ i got sshy dish and three shhy cards (not belongs to me)..

2_ which box(how much) i need to put card in and it can read it?

3_what program or tools&tut i need to make it possible?

4_once it done which chanels i ganna get??

5_is this is card sharing called?

6_how long it normaly lost and how can we update the system??

7_any good understandable tut&tools??????????????

thanks a lot

C64
29th December, 2008, 07:50 PM
2_ which box(how much) i need to put card in and it can read it?

A basic Dreambox 500 will be fine.

3_what program or tools&tut i need to make it possible?

Install CCcam, it works great with NDS cards and needs very little configuration.

4_once it done which chanels i ganna get??

You will get whatever channels your original card is subscribed to.

5_is this is card sharing called?

No, cardsharing is when you share a card with one or more other boxes, the boxes can be in your own home or they can be thousands of miles away, the boxes communicate with each other over a network (either LAN or WAN) and send each other the necessary keys.

6_how long it normaly lost and how can we update the system??

Not sure what you are asking mate.
But if you are on a cardshare then it will last until the server is stopped, there is no updating invoved as keys are generated and broadcast over the network in real time.

sunlight786
29th December, 2008, 08:03 PM
thank you very very much for that usefull information m8 and which dreambox do i need ??????i have dreambox500c which i am using on cable......is that one are you talking about??? and what is CCcam????is this is one of softwar ??????????if yes where can i found it and how i know which one i need if the box i have is good enough?

and is there any loader to install that CCcam???

my father living in 2 mile away from me and have a geniuon sky boxe with asia package and sky sport on it and he has internet,s well..........can i use his information to run dreambox in my home????if yes then how can i comunicate with his box to make my life alive??????

thanks for your time m8.

opsmonkey
30th December, 2008, 01:29 AM
thank you very very much for that usefull information m8 and which dreambox do i need ??????i have dreambox500c which i am using on cable......is that one are you talking about??? and what is CCcam????is this is one of softwar ??????????if yes where can i found it and how i know which one i need if the box i have is good enough?

and is there any loader to install that CCcam???

my father living in 2 mile away from me and have a geniuon sky boxe with asia package and sky sport on it and he has internet,s well..........can i use his information to run dreambox in my home????if yes then how can i comunicate with his box to make my life alive??????

thanks for your time m8.

STOP...

Do not get a satellite dreambox until you know a lot more about it.. it is nothing like the cable set up.. you need to do a lot more programing.

You can not connect a dreambox or any other open source linux box to a Sky receiver..

You have a 500C for cable, no good for satellite, has no satellite tuner on board..

ALL your questions can be answered with a 5 minute search of this site..

Many people just opt for a satellite dreambox with no clue about how it works, do not be one of those people.. save your money and research the product and its capabilities first

C64
30th December, 2008, 02:12 PM
STOP...

Do not get a satellite dreambox until you know a lot more about it.. it is nothing like the cable set up.. you need to do a lot more programing.

I've never once had to 'program' a satellite Linux box.

Satellite is almost as easy as setting up a cable box, the only real difference is that there are many other providers on satellite. Satellite only really becomes complicated once you want to start Cardsharing, but even then it's simply a matter of installing your EMU/SERVER and editing it's config file - which is usually a single line of text telling the EMU the address of the share server, a user port a username and password - hardly Rocket Science is it?

If I were the OP, I'd jump in with both feet and work it out the hard way :) But I think he is only after free TV and I doubt he'd appreciate the buzz of getting it all up and running just for the sake of it. :)

cauliflower69
30th December, 2008, 02:40 PM
I've never once had to 'program' a satellite Linux box.

Satellite is almost as easy as setting up a cable box, the only real difference is that there are many other providers on satellite. Satellite only really becomes complicated once you want to start Cardsharing, but even then it's simply a matter of installing your EMU/SERVER and editing it's config file - which is usually a single line of text telling the EMU the address of the share server, a user port a username and password - hardly Rocket Science is it?

If I were the OP, I'd jump in with both feet and work it out the hard way :) But I think he is only after free TV and I doubt he'd appreciate the buzz of getting it all up and running just for the sake of it. :)

:goodpost: what he said ;)

sunlight786
30th December, 2008, 04:53 PM
i really like your post m8 thanks for encouraging me. definitely i am going make experiment with the help of you guys....thanks