PDA

View Full Version : want a box if some one realy help me out please

sunlight786
29th December, 2008, 05:56 PM
forgive me if i post in wrong section please thanks

at the movement i got cable with all chanels but i am reading a lot about using sshhy card on other boxes.......i want to experiment but i am confused and cant get good answer from any where or people dont want to share but still i hope some one ganna help me for that

1_ i got sshy dish and three shhy cards (not belongs to me)..

2_ which box(how much) i need to put card in and it can read it?

3_what program or tools&tut i need to make it possible?

4_once it done which chanels i ganna get??

5_is this is card sharing called?

6_how long it normaly lost and how can we update the system??

7_any good understandable tut&tools??????????????

thanks a lot

opsmonkey
30th December, 2008, 02:41 AM
you have asked this question already here at post 7

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/satellite-23272/

i would suggest you not get a dreambox as it is very complex and your questions can be answered with a 2 second search of this forum..

if you cant be bothered doing that i doubt you will be bothered to learn linux to program your box

With a Dreambox you need to put a lot of effort into it, I think you will expect instant results and that is something you don't get with satellite unlike cable.

sunlight786
30th December, 2008, 02:54 AM
OK IF I BUY LINUX BLACKBOX 500C THEN WHAT I NEED TO DO WITH IT?????DO I NEED TO CONECT WITH NULL CABLE AND FLASH IT LIKE OTHER CCABLE BOXES AND THEN INSERT CARD IN IT?

I REALY WANT TO LEARN ITS ITCHING ME IF I HAVE GOOD TUT AND GOOD SUPPORT LIKE YOU GUYS PROVIDING THEN WHY NOT SHOULD I LEARN BUT EVERY TIME I READ MY SELF SPECIAL DREAMBOX COMPLICATED TUT I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HALF OF THE THINGS?????

I HAVE ALOT OF THINGS TO ASK WHICH MIGHT BE SOUNDS STUPID BUT I BELIEVE A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVING THEM QUISTENS IN MIND BUT WE HAVE TO LOOK AFTER THE RULES WELL UNLESS ONE HELP VIA MSN.

opsmonkey
30th December, 2008, 03:09 AM
if the tutorials are too complex for you that is for a reason.. its a complex box..

can you speak linux config..? if not you need to do a lot of research..

the satellite setup is not like the cable.. sat is not plug and play.. the dreambox is a linux computer first and a sat box second..

no-one can tell you how to do it in 5 mins..

if you think its a quick setup then your mistaken..

if your after watching sky.. forget it..

its advanced even for linux intermediate users

sunlight786
30th December, 2008, 03:35 AM
be kind m8 i am not geniouse like you guys can you exlpaine me the linux config and it seemed like they making it in hard way so no one quickly attemp to do it???
and i never beleiv its 5 minut job but if some one help through it will be possible.and please tell me what ganna run after that much support and effort???

this is not a matter ,,,,,,,,,i want to learn and its only possible with good suppert

opsmonkey
30th December, 2008, 03:52 AM
be kind m8 i am not geniouse like you guys can you exlpaine me the linux config and it seemed like they making it in hard way so no one quickly attemp to do it???
and i never beleiv its 5 minut job but if some one help through it will be possible.and please tell me what ganna run after that much support and effort???

this is not a matter ,,,,,,,,,i want to learn and its only possible with good suppert

you cant 'quickly attempt' linux programing.. 'they' haven't made it hard.. its a computer programing language..

no-one will give you detailed help here mate.. why..? Because if i was to help you set up your dreambox from scratch and teach you all about linux it would take me weeks.. yes weeks.. not hours but weeks.

how did i learn..? i went on a 4 month course with work, so if you think it will take a day or two you are mistaken..

i'm not being funny but you cant even spell so i hold little hope you will grasp the complexity of shell script..

No i wont explain the linux config because it will take me until February..

WHY DONT YOU READ ABOUT IT AND IF YOU GET STUCK THEN I'LL HELP..

sunlight786
30th December, 2008, 04:19 AM
i agree what you are saying m8 ,,,,come to original topic which box you want me to buy and what type tool and tut i need to make it run,,,,i believe there will be good tut step by step to do it? i will follow them if i get stuck i will ask you for help and that's the way i will pick some thing ......
i am a full time factory worker ,,,do not want to put myself to learning computer language where i believe to do a box will be some sort of fixed computer commands to make the box run? i do not mind to learn my first box will take one day or six months.
i am a learner and do not want to be discourage

opsmonkey
30th December, 2008, 04:31 AM
i dont want you to buy a box until you have learnt more about linux, the satellite set up and you understand more of the complexities.. i think it will be a waste of money..

there is not a step by step guide to setting it up.. you have to read and understand.. try things out..

Read this..

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f39/1885d1230143468-just-need-point-right-direction-curious123-dreambox_500_for_newbies_6-1-.1.rar

its about as simple as it gets..

sunlight786
30th December, 2008, 04:37 AM
ok let me read it if i dont understand it will let you know some time 2morow.....thanks a lot for your time...THANKS

opsmonkey
30th December, 2008, 04:41 AM
if you really dont understand it mate, i would consider not getting a dreambox..

too many people buy a dreambox and think:

"i can do that, sounds easy.."

its not

sunlight786
30th December, 2008, 05:35 AM
i have read it quickly but carefully and i think 80%of it I understand.....may be the hard bit will be to connect and talk to the box via all cable with laptop and settings?
and TUT show me north America set up but i am in UK and my dish is set to as sky dish ?after that much effort will the box will run on same dish and will open some of channels which not opening on other free boxes???????do i have i choice to pick Th image for re falls or its standard one??do i need to decide which emu i need to open to view certain channels????and where is the bit for reading card in it???????forgive me if these questions sound stupid to you m8......thanks

felix1
30th December, 2008, 07:46 AM
i really think you need to do as suggested and do ALOT of reading. missing out somthing could mean you rush a 5 min job and cause 3 hours of headache needlessly. ie flashing the wrong image to a box. those that have been thru the ranks of dbox2 can tell you about nitemares with 'kien system'. simple error and hell to fix.

you may just want to get up and running to watch 'free tv' but trust me thats not the fun part. besides how you gonna upgrade if you dont know the basics of how the boxes work?
if you struggle with a dm500s you would have no chance with a dm7025 (as an example).
there are some very good tutorials around do a search and you will find them.
also you need to know how to search for what you want on the forums and only experience will teach you how to do that too. its pointless doing a search and getting 100 returns when you can just search for a more specific word and return the exact result needed first time.
i dont think these boxes are that hard but ive started from scratch many years ago now. so to flash an image i could tell a beginner over the fone. but thats also because i always change software ect to see the difference between images.
dont look for the easy route you will not learn or benefit from that at all. just look at what happens when the cable codes change. everyone asks the same questions and start new threads needlessly.

read the tutorials get your box read the tutorials again b4 you start then take your time. thats the way to go. AND LISTEN AND TAKE ADVICE FROM THOSE THAT ARE ONLY TRYING TO HELP YOU.

sunlight786
30th December, 2008, 01:38 PM
yes i do understand and appritiate for the time which good people spend on me and i also beleine most peopls are in sattlite was in same place where i am now as a starter.

i got the tut and i am ganna read it again and again to understand it....and i am going to order my first dm5oo_s box and i believe you guy also recomend me to get this one.....in the mean time i also want to know once i got the box what image i need which ganna open those chanel wh i am after...is that correct????? you right some time i am after silly thing but could not found in exactly in search bar or even inn google...
i download all the tools required to do it from google like
1-dreamup1102
2-dcc24
3-DreamBoxEdit-3.0.0.0-setup
4-null modem cable
5-ethernet cable
6-NFSDream and TrueGrid NFS 1.1
7-FlashWizard

i am confused here how i know which image i need as it mention in TUT Nitro image??
i want to know how i work out what image is it and how many i mage is there to choose???is every image goe difffert chanels and valid????expiry dates etcccc
and the recording from box is it optional??????

and also this one recent DBFN Nation Service????????

C64
30th December, 2008, 01:48 PM
if you cant be bothered doing that i doubt you will be bothered to learn linux to program your box

Since when do you need to 'learn Linux' to setup a Dreambox or any other linux based box?

All you need is basic networking skills, i.e how to connect your box to your PC.

But I agree. Judging by his posts I think the Dreambox or any other Linux box would give him a lot of trouble.

You really shouldn't be so negative, I had zero Linux skills when I first dabbled with a Dbox2 way back in 2002, after reading a few tutorials (which were written in German - a language I do not speak) I managed to get a Dbox2 up and running within hours, and that's including having to put the box into 'Debug Mode' in the first as all boxes in those days arrived from Germany still with the original Premiere software installed.

I still don't have 'Linux Skills' yet I can setup a Dbox2 or Dreambox in minutes (I have both cable and Satellite Dreamboxes, the Satellite one is on a cardshare server), it doesn't take months to learn, all you need is some common sense and the ability to read.

BTW, back when I first started out with the Dbox2, you could pick them up on eBay for ?12 ;)

krazylegz
30th December, 2008, 01:56 PM
i think you are trying to run before you can walk m8.....try setting up the box to receive currently hacked channels before you attempt to stream or cardshare.

there is loads of images about all do basicly the same thing opening the same channels...most just have different GUI and plugins...however stay away from gemini images.

all images open the same channels as its down to the emu that opens them...eg....mgcamd, evocamd, CCcam

so my advise to you is flash a image...say DK1.1 or nabilosat.....connect it to router or cross over cable and transfer over keys......then scan what ever satellites in your case 28.2e (skys satellite) then connect to the interent if not already done so and download a emu from the images addon server...

.....get used to this bit before you try anything else

C64
30th December, 2008, 02:37 PM
i think you are trying to run before you can walk m8.....try setting up the box to receive currently hacked channels before you attempt to stream or cardshare.

there is loads of images about all do basicly the same thing opening the same channels...most just have different GUI and plugins...however stay away from gemini images.

all images open the same channels as its down to the emu that opens them...eg....mgcamd, evocamd, CCcam

so my advise to you is flash a image...say DK1.1 or nabilosat.....connect it to router or cross over cable and transfer over keys......then scan what ever satellites in your case 28.2e (skys satellite) then connect to the interent if not already done so and download a emu from the images addon server...

.....get used to this bit before you try anything else

Good post mate.

sunlight786
30th December, 2008, 04:46 PM
you guys make my day while last week i was so upset because not getting starting point from any where...thanks GOD i am here among experience peoples.

Any way you all agree i have to buy dreambox500-S?

any body selling it? OR try google search? ALSO i believe i am OK with current sky

dish position to start this mission????

C64
30th December, 2008, 04:50 PM
you guys make my day while last week i was so upset because not getting starting point from any where...thanks GOD i am here among experience peoples.

Any way you all agree i have to buy dreambox500-S?

any body selling it? OR try google search? ALSO i believe i am OK with current sky

dish position to start this mission????

If your dish is pointing at 28.8 (Sky digital) then you will only receive FTA channels (also FTV is you have a card). It'll be enough to get you up and running for test purposes.

What route are you looking to take?

Is it your aim to get Sky TV for free?

thered
30th December, 2008, 04:53 PM
to make the most m8 your better to get a dish of 80cm+ or as big as you can and a motor to get the full benefit of a satellite box

sunlight786
30th December, 2008, 04:59 PM
Is there are any fix point to getting full asian pack,,,,,sports pack,,,movie pack,,,,,

i understand currnet Dish on sky piont will give me only fta chanels and its good after sending the image to box and test???
do i realy need MOTOR????CAN big size dish WILL DO THE JOB ?

C64
30th December, 2008, 05:05 PM
Is there are any fix point to getting full asian pack,,,,,sports pack,,,movie pack,,,,,

i understand currnet Dish on sky piont will give me only fta chanels and its good after sending the image to box and test???
do i realy need MOTOR????CAN big size dish WILL DO THE JOB ?

A bigger dish means a stronger signal.

It's not essential that you go motorised but it is the best option especially if you want to pick up other satellites.

You can fit a special type of bracket onto your LNB arm which will angle extra LNB's so that they will pick up signals from other satellites, if you are doing this then the bigger the dish the stronger the signal you will get on the satellites that are not the prime focus on the dish.

opsmonkey
30th December, 2008, 08:44 PM
Since when do you need to 'learn Linux' to setup a Dreambox or any other linux based box?

cfg and .prio files are written in shell script

mm009b
30th December, 2008, 08:54 PM
if you really dont understand it mate, i would consider not getting a dreambox..

too many people buy a dreambox and think:

"i can do that, sounds easy.."

its not

lighten up opsmonkey the guy only asking we all learn and yes its hard and takes many long nights show him your xmas spirit give him a cuddle

sunlight786
12th January, 2009, 07:46 PM
OK GUYS I RECIEVE MY FIRST DRAMBOX500-S TODAY.I DID NOT DONE ANY THING WITH IT APART OF UNRAPPING IT.SO WHERE I AM GANNA START??

thered
12th January, 2009, 07:48 PM
stickies in red in satellite dreambox and stickies in cable dreambox will also help

sunlight786
12th January, 2009, 11:26 PM
can you tell me what i need to check first of all and do i need to flash it wi th any image first????i got astra 28.2 at the movment (standerd sky dish)

.: JaCkPoT :.
13th January, 2009, 12:37 AM
As mentioned before any image apart from the gemini...try dk1.1,darkstar or Nabilosat images..

sunlight786
13th January, 2009, 08:43 PM
will you guide me the link for downloading the Nabilosat image??plz
do i have to flash it via universal dream up???thanks

krazylegz
13th January, 2009, 08:53 PM
which nabilosat m8?? i always prefer to use dreamup or you could telnet

sunlight786
13th January, 2009, 09:02 PM
right now i am flashing with universal dreamup by usin this image Darkstar2_DM500

is that OK?

13th January, 2009, 09:12 PM
Should be..

Curious123
13th January, 2009, 09:51 PM
Should be..

I think he will have a problem with 28.2E as it is set to 28.4E on Nabilosat Dark Star.

13th January, 2009, 10:01 PM
But he could change it in the sat config couldnt he?

sunlight786
25th January, 2009, 05:23 PM
hell every one
i manage to run pli image on drmbox500-s and i am ordering another dreambox for my brother.At I got s*y card with sport and some asian chanels and my brother ganna have some his chanels and i want to know how can i send my chanel to him and take his chanel to my box???????

guzzigeezer
7th February, 2009, 01:01 PM
Just to throw in my two pence worth. I can see where you are both coming from in this post. Opsmonkey -Sunlight has learnt English I'm sure Linux won't be a problem.(thanks 4 the tutorial link )
Sunlight - too many questions at once- more research required.