PDA

View Full Version : HUMAX BOX ADVICE

clem58
13th October, 2011, 07:56 PM
Me a happy chappy, got an early bday gift, my FRESAT HUMAX 500GB BOX arrived to day. I'm really lookin forward to giving virgin the heave ho. I will need to install connections in order to get BBCiplayer, can any of you guys tell me whats the best way to go about it, i'll be switching back to SKY for my broadband i may in the near future want a fresat box in my bedroom. I would like you to maybe bear that in mind when giving me advice.:beer:

alex123
14th October, 2011, 10:19 PM
if your box is near your router then an ethernet cable will do if not you can use homeplugs one plugs into mains and humax other at router and mains internet connection then goes through your house wireing but will only work if both plugs are on the same ring max brand seem to be cheapest around ?35 a pair

clem58
15th October, 2011, 04:48 AM
if your box is near your router then an ethernet cable will do if not you can use homeplugs one plugs into mains and humax other at router and mains internet connection then goes through your house wireing but will only work if both plugs are on the same ring max brand seem to be cheapest around ?35 a pair

thanks for your reply, short of getting an engineer to install my wiring, i would do it myself if i new how to mould the connections to both ends of the wiring. Do you know what kind of tool i need for this job? These guys aren't keen on doin this for me as i bury all wiring in the walls, i have to concidering the number of speakers i have all over the place.Ethernet cable will do the job routre is buried in corner out of sight as well. lol thank again:top:

dick b
16th October, 2011, 03:18 PM
you can get cat5 ethernet cable with plugs already on in lengths of 0.5mt to 50mts and all lengths in between.
www.cabling4les.co.uk