PDA

View Full Version : Fiat EDC15C7 Euro3 (Marea JTD110) immo & odo

Beberik
13th October, 2011, 11:10 PM
Hi, I spent a couple of evenings trying to dig into ECU modding, I have a chinese Galletto, ton of software, but what I miss is a good tutorial or guide through the process. I have a long experience with cellphone firmwares modding, so I know what a HEX editor is and what checksum is etc. But I still have gaps in knowledge about the ECUs. I have no desire to mod commercially, but I see it as a challenge to accomplish the modding myself.

I bought a Marea JTD110 with a faulty ECU (EDC15C7 CF3), which is not able to run fans (it does not ground the right pin). I bought a "new" ECU to replace the faulty one, but I would like to transfer immo and odo settings, if possible.

Both ECUs are HW version 0281010342, software version would probably be different.

Is it possible to download flashes from both ECUs and simply replace immo and odo data of course with keeping the checksum? If not could this ECU be virginized (immo reset)? If not as a last resort, how should I turn the immo off?

Could someone please tell me what exactly should I download in the Galleto SW (Flash / EEPROM - Complete / Tables, which addresses) for immo and odometer? On which addresses can one find immo and odo values?

Or am I viewing it completely wrong? :-) Thanx a lot

miha99
14th October, 2011, 10:43 PM
Replace so8 eeprom and flash sop44 from old ECU to new one.15 min Job done.

Beberik
17th October, 2011, 10:21 AM
Unfortunatelly I don't have the soldering iron nor the skill to do it. What I am certain of on the other hand is that my old ECU already has the immo eeprom resoldered, since it has been replaced in the past. I suspect this tampering might have been the reason, why the unit was damaged in the first place. So tampering with the harware is a last resort for me. I would really like to try to mod the software first. Thanks anyway ;-)

miha99
20th October, 2011, 06:48 PM
Ok no problem, change in line 180 into 00 (ST95P08).
And connect emulator to immo line.You can find emu on ebay for caa. 25 eur.

Beberik
2nd November, 2011, 11:09 AM
OK, I found a friend to resolder the chips for me. Which ones should that be? The key code should be in eeprom 95p08 on the back side of the PCB. Engine data are stored in flash 29F400. Do I have to resolder them both just to unlock the immo, or would the 95p08 be sufficient?

Or did I found completely wrong chips, as you mentioned so8 and sop44 something.

Thanks a lot! :-)

miha99
25th November, 2011, 11:22 PM
95p08+29F400 booth yes or 95p08 wirgin +emulator.

Beberik
28th November, 2011, 09:51 PM
Actually replacing the 95p08 was sufficient. It contains both keycodes and odometer. Actually it somehow lost 14 000 kms from the odometer. Anyway car runs OK now. Thanks again, this was a very helpful experience to me :-)