PDA

View Full Version : locked out of the living room

footycard steve
14th October, 2011, 07:14 PM
we have wood living room door with glass panels and brass handle and it now wont open,the lock might have dropped? (only left the room for 10 mins) have taken the brass panel off but no help and tried putting a screwdriver under gap at bottom lifting and turning the handle but no good,does anyone know what i should do?

daithi
14th October, 2011, 07:44 PM
might be the spring in the lock when ya pull down the handle
it doesnt retract the latch the whole way
mine was at this the other day just gave the door a little jostle and it opened

smoggy
14th October, 2011, 08:00 PM
if the handle isn't fully releasing the catch
try removing the screws from the handle holding plate
hold the plate in place and turn the handle as far as you can and then leave go of the holding plate and you should be able to turn the handle a little further which may be enough to release the latch.
or take the handle off and use a spanner

Shady
14th October, 2011, 08:03 PM
maca or bd be along in abit mate; they know how to get through locked doors ;)

maca
14th October, 2011, 08:04 PM
1 good kick will do the job m8 :)

footycard steve
14th October, 2011, 08:05 PM
had to force the lock had been trying for an hour to get it open, it does look like it was the spring as when you pull the handle from either side its only retracting half the latch,its a bit of a mess now and the catch/plate is off but at least no broken glass.

Bulld0g
14th October, 2011, 08:10 PM
Yea as a joiner i have to agree with maca, give it a good welly :roflmao:

daithi
14th October, 2011, 09:20 PM
had to force the lock had been trying for an hour to get it open, it does look like it was the spring as when you pull the handle from either side its only retracting half the latch,its a bit of a mess now and the catch/plate is off but at least no broken glass.

theres a plate you can get that screws onto the jam that allow the latch to engage in it and keep the door closed

rds60h
18th October, 2011, 04:27 PM
Use the "Scouse Method" - Climb in through the front window, remove the TV and DVD player and exit by whichever way is quickest.
Before anyone starts, it's a joke!!!

skywash
23rd October, 2011, 09:08 PM
take door off hinges chuck it in the cut no more probs simples

Kalipo
23rd October, 2011, 09:48 PM
take door off hinges chuck it in the cut no more probs simples

Ive often thrown things in the cut..

My most famous disposal place is the chip.. its always getting it.. oh i sometimes throw in the bid..