PDA

View Full Version : bathroom ceiling

gordy230
15th October, 2011, 06:43 PM
hi trying to brighten up bathroom what ideas would anyone have of covering pipe chase and ceiling like clading and where to buy a good choice cheers

daithi
15th October, 2011, 07:06 PM
id box it off with skirting boards and maybe 2x1 or 4x2 depending how far from wall it is
and use caulk to fill cracks and then paint whatever colour ya want

usaipad
19th October, 2011, 02:44 PM
Be sure to patch any holes or cracks and use a gloss or semi-gloss because they are tougher, seal better, are less porous, and more "scrub-able." To minimize the mess use one of those 1 coat rollers with a splatter shield or a pad. I like to use a pad myself . . . . it is just a 4x6 pad (found in the paint section) that you can get in a variety of textures (like rollers) and there is less splatter than a typical roller.

Another thought is to install an exhaust fan that really cuts down on moisture after showers. My hubby even put our fan on a timer switch so we don't have to remember to switch it off. Definitely saves on the energy with 4 teens. It has helped maintain our paint and reduce mildew immeasurably.

wulbert2001
21st October, 2011, 07:50 PM
what about wetwall

andy91
21st October, 2011, 07:56 PM
Be sure to patch any holes or cracks and use a gloss or semi-gloss because they are tougher, seal better, are less porous, and more "scrub-able." To minimize the mess use one of those 1 coat rollers with a splatter shield or a pad. I like to use a pad myself . . . . it is just a 4x6 pad (found in the paint section) that you can get in a variety of textures (like rollers) and there is less splatter than a typical roller.

Another thought is to install an exhaust fan that really cuts down on moisture after showers. My hubby even put our fan on a timer switch so we don't have to remember to switch it off. Definitely saves on the energy with 4 teens. It has helped maintain our paint and reduce mildew immeasurably.

Wrong! Best paint for a bathroom is actually matt as it absorbs the moisture where as gloss or silk the moisture will run a mile.
Some very good anti-mould from Wickes,stopped my mouldy bathroom ceiling and is great in areas of condensation.
Perfect for bathroom ceilings.
Mould Protect Matt Paint - Speciality Paint - Paint -Decorating & Interiors - Wickes (http://www.wickes.co.uk/mould-protect-matt-paint/invt/214284/)

Andy

maca
21st October, 2011, 08:04 PM
Job done Crown Kitchen & Bathroom - Paint Direct (http://paint-direct.co.uk/en-GB/searchresults.aspx?catid=288&Retail=true&gclid=CO7ChuW7-qsCFeomtAod6lnNlg)