PDA

View Full Version : Having a nightmare advice pls

napalm9
18th October, 2011, 10:43 PM
Hi All

Ok so i made the move from dreambox to Vu+ but i am having issues. This seems to be a re-occuring thing its to do with my tuner.

This is what is happening.

I set up box tonight installed vix uploaded boquet and away i go was happily watching the match then the tuner went off. Now i have had this happen on dreambox about 2 weeks ago so i went into sytem services and did sat search on 28.2 and waited for it to scan the sat and lock but it wont. last time it did this on my old dreambox i did this and found the sat again it locked on it and i went back out of menu and watched tv again. this time it wont do it - its just looking for the sat all the time. I have a motorised setup i have set tuner A as positioner on long and lat and set tuner B same as A - is this right, is there something im missing ??? im gonna get the ladders out tommorow. any help and advice would be great - i am getting 99% agc but sig is just all over the place. Cheers

napalm9
18th October, 2011, 11:13 PM
Just had a play with the cable going into the back of the tuner took the fplug off just inserted the core with no screen and the signal started boucing around as soon as touched the screen to the outer of the connector it went back to 0 ??? water in cable do you think or a break in it somewhere ??? i may try and re do the cable tommorow..........

anyone had the same probls i honestly dont think its the box , dish or motor - i hope its not the lnb.

any info would be great

dell_xps
19th October, 2011, 05:56 PM
Make sure the copper strands are not touching the middle copper wire,
if that makes sense m8.

mo.p
19th October, 2011, 07:33 PM
Hi All

Ok so i made the move from dreambox to Vu+ but i am having issues. This seems to be a re-occuring thing its to do with my tuner.

I set up box tonight installed vix uploaded boquet and away i go was happily watching the match then the tuner went off. Now i have had this happen on dreambox about 2 weeks ago so i went into sytem services and did sat search on 28.2 and waited for it to scan the sat and lock but it wont. last time it did this on my old dreambox i did this and found the sat again it locked on it and i went back out of menu and watched tv again. this time it wont do it - its just looking for the sat all the time. I have a motorised setup i have set tuner A as positioner on long and lat and set tuner B same as A - is this right, is there something im missing ??? im gonna get the ladders out tommorow. any help and advice would be great - i am getting 99% agc but sig is just all over the place. Cheers
hi m8 set tuner A as positioner on long and lat but i dont think u can set tuner B same as A u have to set single or advanced setup

andymc1s
20th October, 2011, 01:33 PM
Hi All

Hi m8 when you set up your lat and long in tuner A did you make sure to highlight configuration mode and press ok on remote to save your settings, also if you dont have a second fixed dish I suggest you set tuner B to loopthrough to tuner A and once again highlight configuration mode and press ok on remote.

napalm9
21st October, 2011, 05:26 PM
My LNB is ~~~~ed !!!! Tadar