PDA

View Full Version : feedback please fella's...........

wetdog
19th October, 2011, 07:04 PM
1.5TB CORE External Desktop USB 2.0 Hard Drive Free Delivery : Other External Hard Drives : Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/1.5tb-core-external-desktop-usb-2.0-hard-drive-510780?ordercode=A80KJ&C=Email-Newsletter&U=11P11-3-A80KJ&T=807128&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=A80KJ&utm_campaign=11P11-3)

what you think, should i buy one?
will it be simples to use, it needs to be!!

mick.

happy_highlander
19th October, 2011, 07:17 PM
Most pf them are plug and play nowadays mate and normally come pre formatted to fat 32, see if you can find any reveiws on it as 1.5tb is a lot of info to lose if it goes tits up I personally would go for this one Western Digital Elements 1TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories not necessarily from here but it is a better known brand for around the same price with 4 stars from almost 1500 reveiws.

Sorry mate wrong link try this one instead Western Digital Elements 1.5TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

happy_highlander
19th October, 2011, 07:21 PM
I use one of these IOMEGA Prestige Desktop External Hard Drive - 1TB | Dixons | (http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/iomega-prestige-desktop-external-hard-drive-1tb-03868723-pdt.html) and have not had any problems with it

tigger001
19th October, 2011, 09:30 PM
I an useing 4 external hard drives
2 are western digital
2 are iomega

all bought from argos and all are workin great , so the choice is yours in which to choose from. they are all as good as each other.

gmb45
19th October, 2011, 09:36 PM
:cobblers: most external hdds are formatted for pc use which means ntfs not fat32, with a fat32 ex hdd windows will only moved files up to 4gb on to it, any size with a ntfs drive, ive got 2 drives a wd ex drive and a seagate ex drive both came formatted to ntfs where ever you buy one from make sure its ntfs, you can always reformat it to fat32 if you need to, and yes they are all basically plug and play some come with a power supply and some take their power from the usb connection.

happy_highlander
19th October, 2011, 10:40 PM
I think you might be surprised gmb every hdd I have bought to use for a wii (and it's been a few) have all come formatted to fat 32 which is just as well cause my pc is running xp and I can only format 32gb as fat with it