PDA

View Full Version : bootloader ect

mdt
20th October, 2011, 05:48 PM
hi, im going to set my vu+duo up tomorrow for the first time in preperation for my new dish/motor/lnb going up in the next couple of weeks. ive got the BH V 1.6.6 FULL MOTOR BACK UP BY @FERRET and it states that my box must have.. bootloader DUO-CFE-3-0-USB installed before i patch my box. my box hasnt been opened since i bought it around 7 months ago. can a duo owner please advise me on the steps to update my box. it goes without saying that once i am used to the duo i will learn what i need to and try most available images and plugins. also when a usb dtt tuner is installed in a duo/e2 linux box were does it show in the ch lists? is it classed as a sat or is it a seperat plugin that you have to select when you wish to watch a dtt channel. regards mdt

RuberDuck
20th October, 2011, 06:17 PM
you flash the bootloader first in the same way you would a image then flash the image it self.

just to note the bootloader does not add any functionality other than allowing images over 64 meg in size i believe.

dell_xps
20th October, 2011, 06:44 PM
Flash it with Vix :-)

napalm9
21st October, 2011, 05:32 PM
Yea i agree with dell VIX smashes BH, ive been playing with them both this week and vix is mint once you get TS panel on it and a nice skin HD glass 16 is the dogsnutz............. Set your buttons up to do all the epg searches multi boquets and your away even the wife can use this now :) dunno if thats a good thing!!

Curious123
24th November, 2011, 12:06 PM
you flash the bootloader first in the same way you would a image then flash the image it self.

just to note the bootloader does not add any functionality other than allowing images over 64 meg in size i believe.

Is updating the boot loader the same as updating the hardware drivers?