PDA

View Full Version : MGF VVC MEMS 2 CODE READ

rehtnap
21st October, 2011, 01:49 AM
HI
does anyone know if uniscan/visa can read /clear fault codes on the mems 2 ecu fitted to 1997 mgf. i can read and clear codes on the ordinary mems 1.9 mgf with visa but now need to read a vvc model and that has mems 2. :top:

nicole99wu
21st October, 2011, 10:10 AM
yes, it works on cars up to 2000

rehtnap
22nd October, 2011, 09:55 AM
tried it on mgf mems 1.9 and connects but when its tried on same year mgf vvc which is mems 2 it will not connect. the application chart does say rover mems but i think its only 1.9 for visa 1.83

nicole99wu
24th October, 2011, 08:05 AM
well...it may not support 2.0
and sorry for not familiar with diagnostic tool for mg, or you may ask gtmech or someone else by pm

ashyt16
18th February, 2012, 07:12 PM
HI
does anyone know if uniscan/visa can read /clear fault codes on the mems 2 ecu fitted to 1997 mgf. i can read and clear codes on the ordinary mems 1.9 mgf with visa but now need to read a vvc model and that has mems 2. :top:

Hi mate, where did you get your Uniscan from? I have had a massive headache trying to get a chinese copy working with MEMS 1.6. ECU wakes up but doesn't respond to the K-line so Visa just gives me 'NO RESPONSE FROM ECU'

Thanks.

Meat-Head
19th February, 2012, 12:46 AM
Hi mate, where did you get your Uniscan from? I have had a massive headache trying to get a chinese copy working with MEMS 1.6. ECU wakes up but doesn't respond to the K-line so Visa just gives me 'NO RESPONSE FROM ECU'

Thanks.

YO, welcome to DK - the worlds best website.

Do you have any more info on this tool and setup for fetish reasons?

Just check in device manager - (windows key and pause break) that you have no yello ticks

ashyt16
19th February, 2012, 01:31 PM
What sort of info? This tool works in DOS so as long as the com ports are ok it should work.
TBH I think it's a piece of crap chinese clone and doesn't work properly. Been trying to get it to work for 2 years off and on!
Tried it on 3 different cars and just gives me nothing.

Meat-Head
19th February, 2012, 09:51 PM
what sort of , info what ever you can.

OK, perhaps, for testing purposs, get your interface, and jamb a bit of wire into it with a led and 1k resistor - see if it's pulsing out.

Meat

ashyt16
20th February, 2012, 09:52 AM
what sort of , info what ever you can.

OK, perhaps, for testing purposs, get your interface, and jamb a bit of wire into it with a led and 1k resistor - see if it's pulsing out.

Meat

Ok thanks, will try this. Is this test on the car side of the pins on the interface?
I will take some pics of the inside of the interface. All I know is it uses an ATtiny 2313 microcontroller chip which I believe is not as good as the original Uniscan chip as it causes problems?

I am trying to make this work on a Rover 200 with MEMS 1.6 ECU. All is covered in Visa, but don't think the ECU even responds.

All I see is L-Line blinking then a quick blink of K-Line when Visa tries to connect to the ECU.

rehtnap
21st February, 2012, 05:54 PM
right
MEMS 1.6 uses ISO9141 with a K data line and an L wake up line, MEMS1.9 and 2J use a K data line only so you will have to use the uniscan. i ended up using a simple iso interface as only needed k line for the mgf.
my duff uniscan gave the same response as your getting. cant belive it from a reliable source like china lol lol and they all seem to be made there so it pot luck as to what you get
your better off building your own interface.

ashyt16
21st February, 2012, 09:46 PM
Is the K-Line and L-Line supposed to be at 14v the car side? Mine is and when Visa attempts to wake the ECU nothing changes voltage wise?