PDA

View Full Version : dreambox is loosing keys

mrsoulis
30th December, 2008, 03:08 PM
Hi I am a new member and I found this community while I was trying to find some help with a problem I am facing with my dreambox. Well the is that I have the keys to unlock some channels but when they send me keys I am only able to watch for some hours and then suddenly the screen is going black again. However, the keys are supposed to work for 3 months. Does anyone knows why this is happening?

thanks

thered
30th December, 2008, 03:17 PM
3 months who said that lol

your keys will only work till the next key roll which is up to virgin could be a day or a few days

if you have a dreambox you can insert a file into the box so that the box updates itself and you will need to do that no more

we can help you

mrsoulis
30th December, 2008, 03:21 PM
I did that they send me a cccam.cfg file and I inserted through DCC to var/etc file and it is supposed to play for three months but it only works for some hours in my box. I sent this file to a friend of mine and he is able to watch fine. This meens that something is wrong with my box maybe a setting but I don't know what exactly

Devilfish
30th December, 2008, 03:22 PM
The keys change at random intervals, there is no set time period. The same keys may work for a few days or they may change twice in one day, no-one knows.

If you're using Cccamd then you are on a cardsharing server and we don't allow cardsharing discussions. You can't both use the same config file because you will have different ip addresses.

Closed!