PDA

View Full Version : help please

m9g
22nd October, 2011, 08:10 PM
So I've been reading about xgd3 discs and so on and now i'm totally confussed reading so many posts and some conflicting.

What I want to know is - if i have an iso image of an xgd3 game what do I need to be able to play it on box? lt+2? new liteon burner? new burner flash f/w? - all going a bit whooooosh over my head right now

Sorry i'm sure in various posts this is covered but i cant make head or tail of some of it.

Thanks in advance

martiboy
22nd October, 2011, 08:13 PM
So I've been reading about xgd3 discs and so on and now i'm totally confussed reading so many posts and some conflicting.

What I want to know is - if i have an iso image of an xgd3 game what do I need to be able to play it on box? lt+2? new liteon burner? new burner flash f/w? - all going a bit whooooosh over my head right now

Sorry i'm sure in various posts this is covered but i cant make head or tail of some of it.

Thanks in advance

As of now to be able to 100% burn a game you need the new liteon burner with cfw and to be able to play it you need LT2.0 on your xbox. Just below this post i have posted the new burner fw and in that includes the info to burn that you need

m9g
22nd October, 2011, 10:37 PM
ok thanks, with all this new f/w are we able to go on live yet? or is this still in the pipeline?

Also, i see people buying different liteon burners so not sure which one I should be going for?

Is anyone going to do an updated how-to sticky as I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that are as confused as I am and a step by step sticky would be good.

Regards

m9g
22nd October, 2011, 10:57 PM
ordered this one its the same as the one cunny bought and I trust his judgement ...

LiteOn iHAS124-19 24x DVDRW DL & RAM SATA.. | Ebuyer.com (http://www.ebuyer.com/176026-liteon-ihas124-19-24x-dvd-rw-dl-ram-sata-optical-drive-oem-ihas124-19)

Regards

martiboy
22nd October, 2011, 11:01 PM
That's the correct 1 mate ihas124 up to ihas624 they are all the same just some extra features that you prob won't need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m9g
23rd October, 2011, 08:03 AM
fat Box i'm using has a samsung in it and i'm still using LT1.1 on it, updates fine and still playing online ok, when ms sent out the updates to put all drives back to stock it did put my liteon back to stock but sammy was still fine should I still upgrade to lt2? It did a huge update the other day, could this possibly be for the xdg3 discs? and is it possible that it wil continue to work with the 1.1 still on it and run the xdg3 discs?

I ask this because i enjoy playing online and at the mo the sammy is doing a good job and as yet still not been flagged so dont want to do anything to it if I cant go online with it with lt2 on it.

Lastly, the liteon fat xbox i have that is back to standard, is the lt2 out for this?

Really appreciate all help and advice you've given

Regards

martiboy
23rd October, 2011, 09:20 AM
Ok with your Sammy box. You need to return the drive back to stock. Then install lt 2.01. You will find the firmware for this in the post I set up for the burner firmware. With your lite on drive you need to install lt 2.0. I will post a link later for that or search around the forum it's easy to find. Once both boxes are set up with lt you need to burn all new games on the new lite on desktop burner.

m9g
23rd October, 2011, 09:31 AM
Lovely thanks

How about Live? with both box's and xdg3 discs?

Regards

martiboy
23rd October, 2011, 09:50 AM
Live is as safe as its ever been. Had forza online for around 6 hours last night with no probs. all I know at the moment with lt 2.0 is that it passes all current checks

m9g
23rd October, 2011, 02:13 PM
DOH!!!!! just realised its a hitachi 16dgs drive 47, not the sammy - i have downloaded the cfw pack but not sure which cfw i need to use and the liteon is a phat 74850

martiboy
23rd October, 2011, 03:15 PM
DOH!!!!! just realised its a hitachi 16dgs drive 47, not the sammy - i have downloaded the cfw pack but not sure which cfw i need to use and the liteon is a phat 74850

Bad news. Not current lt fw for the hitatchi to be able to play new games. With your liteon box. Get the box updated to the new dash because the stock firmware is no longer 74850. When you update the dash the xbox will flash your drive to new stock firmware

m9g
23rd October, 2011, 05:05 PM
The fw on the liteon is the standard one ms put back on there a few months ago when it did it to all box's through update - so are you saying hook liteon back up to network and let ms do latest update then flash it?

As my hitachi is still working fine after ms did last update will it not play xdg3 discs?

Regards

M9G

m9g
23rd October, 2011, 05:10 PM
ah right yeah with the liteon i see what your saying now, if i flashed it then plugged it in ms would update the liteon which will get rid of the flash so your saying update first then flash

What liteon flash fw am i looking for? i have d/l a pack of all cfw but cant find LT+2.0 for the DG16D2S - xbins has a 1.9

felix11
24th October, 2011, 12:28 PM
As of now to be able to 100% burn a game you need the new liteon burner with cfw and to be able to play it you need LT2.0 on your xbox. Just below this post i have posted the new burner fw and in that includes the info to burn that you need

This is not true and a bit misleading. To burn/play xdg3 discs you do not need to go out and buy a new burner. This is only the case if you want to burn your games on normal single layer media. Games can be burned as before with you existing burner drive if you are using Dual Layer media. LT+2.0 is required on the box.

m9g
24th October, 2011, 05:46 PM
This is not true and a bit misleading. To burn/play xdg3 discs you do not need to go out and buy a new burner. This is only the case if you want to burn your games on normal single layer media. Games can be burned as before with you existing burner drive if you are using Dual Layer media. LT+2.0 is required on the box.

Oh right, dvd writer arrived today, blimey that was quick only ordered it saturday evening. Surely you cant burn games to a single layer dvd?

I'm not sure which lt f/w to use for my DG16D2S, I have d/l the cfw pack which has loads in it but none of them mention my drive in the title

martiboy
24th October, 2011, 05:50 PM

Wtf you going on about. Tell me 1 xdg3 game that's a single layer. Xdg3 games are 8.7 gig your standard discs are 8.5 you tell me how your going to burn the extra data without the burner

martiboy
24th October, 2011, 06:30 PM
Oh right, dvd writer arrived today, blimey that was quick only ordered it saturday evening. Surely you cant burn games to a single layer dvd?

I'm not sure which lt f/w to use for my DG16D2S, I have d/l the cfw pack which has loads in it but none of them mention my drive in the title

Mate you still need your burner. Update your Xbox to the latest dash. This update will flash your drive to the new stock firmware which will be 02510. Once you have your srive to the new stock just use jungle flasher and follow what it say. I am also assumming you have the correct tools and kit to do the job.

m9g
24th October, 2011, 06:57 PM
Mate you still need your burner. Update your Xbox to the latest dash. This update will flash your drive to the new stock firmware which will be 02510. Once you have your srive to the new stock just use jungle flasher and follow what it say. I am also assumming you have the correct tools and kit to do the job.

Yes mate, i thought comment was a bit strange, drive is in and flashed, I have flashed a few drives before, have the ck3pro, problem I have is I dont know what cfw to use in the pack i have from xbins .....

LTPLUS-0225-v2.0
LTPLUS-0225-v2.0u
LTPLUS-025-v2.0
LTPLUS-0272-v2.0
LTPLUS-0401-v2.0
LTPLUS-1071-v2.0
LT-liteon-0800-v3

Cheers

cunny
24th October, 2011, 07:24 PM
Put them all in firmware folder and let jungleflasher auto load it

Simples

m9g
24th October, 2011, 07:51 PM
There he is :) cheers :top:

hehehe right now second problem, upgraded my pc and m/board doesnt have pci slot for the via card :( have plugged sata from the board into liteon drive and jf not seeing it, says no via drives - any ideas what i can do now apart from get my old pc back?

Heres the spec of the mb

Chipset Intel H61 Chipset Motherboard
Audio 5.1 channel HDA
Form Factor uATX form factor 9.6 inch x 7.8 inch
IO 1x PS2 KB/MS port.
1x DVI-D port
1x VGA port
1x Serial port
1x RJ45 Lan port
1x audio jack supports 3 jacks.
6x USB 2.0 ports.
LAN Gigabit Lan
Socket Type 1155
USB 6
Max FSB Dual channel DDR3 1333/1066
Max Memory Capacity 8GB
Memory Slots 2
PCI 0
PCI-EX 1 x PCIe2.0 x16
2 x PCIe x1
SATA Ports 4

martiboy
24th October, 2011, 08:16 PM
There he is :) cheers :top:

hehehe right now second problem, upgraded my pc and m/board doesnt have pci slot for the via card :( have plugged sata from the board into liteon drive and jf not seeing it, says no via drives - any ideas what i can do now apart from get my old pc back?

Thats a bit of a bummer mate. Do you have any mates that would let you use there comp till you flash the drive.

m9g
24th October, 2011, 08:36 PM
Thats a bit of a bummer mate. Do you have any mates that would let you use there comp till you flash the drive.

no - ah if i choose "include non-ide drives" then it appears, is this good enough?

Also do i need to re-probe it as i already have the key from flashing it last year? if i do then what method with the ck3probe v2 - the old r707 way or this phatkey button method -
Switch 3.3v inline switch OFF
Probe the point MPX01

Inline switch off? where that?

Cunny - stuck all cfw in firmware folder and when i choose open fw and direct to that folder it wants to default load one called ix16 which isnt there anyway so do need to know which one i use

Regards

cunny
24th October, 2011, 10:21 PM
If u have the correct dummy.bin then no and are you using the current version version of jungleflasher.

A prove v3 or a.convertor cable (tut posted of making ur own) will dump any phat liteon

m9g
24th October, 2011, 10:38 PM
If u have the correct dummy.bin then no and are you using the current version version of jungleflasher.

A prove v3 or a.convertor cable (tut posted of making ur own) will dump any phat liteon

Ummm dummy.bin I have was created along with the key over a year ago when i originally flashed it, now that it is back to stock and have done an ms update will I need to create dummy again?

So my ck3 probe 2 isnt any good then?

JF i'm using is 1.89

Regards

cunny
24th October, 2011, 10:44 PM
You can use the probe 2 with mra if u wanted but that dummy file will just need spoofing into lt2.0 for 0251 fw. Jf wont auto load it due to revisions are differant.

If ur unsure which to use. Load your dummy.bin into source. Then stock 0251 into target. Spoof it. Save it. Load it again into source and let jf auto load 2.0.

I'm not sure what's the latest version as 1 been released while I not been on so just goto jungleflasher.net

m9g
25th October, 2011, 07:46 AM
Ok cheers so i can just click on load source and choose the dummy.bin file, I think the LTPLUS-025 is the one for the DG16D2S - will have a go later

felix11
25th October, 2011, 08:49 AM

My understanding of the new burner drive max is that it will allow you to burn an xdg3game .iso to a single layer disc, at least that is what I have read. As for burning xdg3 discs using an existing burner I have burned a number of them using Clone CD and they all work fine - no new burner required.

m9g
25th October, 2011, 08:58 AM
My understanding of the new burner drive max is that it will allow you to burn an xdg3game .iso to a single layer disc, at least that is what I have read. As for burning xdg3 discs using an existing burner I have burned a number of them using Clone CD and they all work fine - no new burner required.

Ah lovely thanks for confirming that i thought it was that one.

Cheers

m9g
25th October, 2011, 09:11 AM
last night i loaded the LTPLUS-025.bin into the source, spoofed my key into it that I had when i originally flashed it over a year ago and created a CFW and saved it.

Now all i need to do is get the drive into vendor mode and erase and write the CFW

Am I right?

tried getting into vendor mode last night but drive just had 0x51 error

Regards

martiboy
25th October, 2011, 10:04 AM

Xgd3 get burnt to duel layer discs. No burner in the world will allow you to fit it onto a single layer disc. When using clone cd you do know that you are missing 3% of the game

m9g
25th October, 2011, 06:21 PM
All flashed

stuck old dummy.bin from last year in source, it auto put fw in target, created cfw, erased, auto went into vendor and then wrote cfw - job done!!!!

Cheers guys - next thing is "why did I buy a liteon dvd writer?", I thought from reading previous posts a while back that it was possible to write XDG3 on standard dual layer discs" - was this not corrct then or what benefit has this 124b have over a standard writer?

Cheers

martiboy
25th October, 2011, 06:30 PM
last night i loaded the LTPLUS-025.bin into the source, spoofed my key into it that I had when i originally flashed it over a year ago and created a CFW and saved it.

Now all i need to do is get the drive into vendor mode and erase and write the CFW

Am I right?

tried getting into vendor mode last night but drive just had 0x51 error

Regards

Ok if you are totaly happy that your bin file is from your xbox and the keys are correct follow this guide

Load Jungle Flasher and first click on the FirmwareTool 32 tab and then click the Open Source Firmware button. Now load YOUR Dummy.bin file. Navigate to where the file is saved, select it and click open. You will be asked if you want to auto-load Liteon iXtreme (CLICK NO). Open Target Firmware and load LTPlus-025-v2.0.bin then click Spoof Source to Target. At this point check both keys match.
Now you are ready to program your drive.
Select the MTK Flash 32 tab. Click the Lite-On Erase button. You will get a pop-up warning you to be 100% sure that you have your DVD Key. If you are sure click YES. Another pop-up explaining that the drive will be erased and when it sends an intro to the drive to kick it into vendor mode. If you are ready click YES. You need to power cycle the drive (turn the CK3 Pro power switch OFF then ON) when the drive status displays as 0x90. Your drive will then switch to vendor mode ( 0x72 ) and you are ready to write data to the drive. To program the firmware click the Write button. After writing, Jungle Flasher also reads and verifies every sector to make sure that the drive programmed correctly. Once everything is completed it will say "Write Verified OK!". Success ! You can now click the Outro / ATA Reset button to take the drive out of vendor mode. JOB DONE

martiboy
25th October, 2011, 06:33 PM
All flashed

stuck old dummy.bin from last year in source, it auto put fw in target, created cfw, erased, auto went into vendor and then wrote cfw - job done!!!!

Cheers guys - next thing is "why did I buy a liteon dvd writer?", I thought from reading previous posts a while back that it was possible to write XDG3 on standard dual layer discs" - was this not corrct then or what benefit has this 124b have over a standard writer?

Cheers

LOL i just spent ages typing my previous post. You need the new burner to be able to burn 100% of the game. If you dont have the new burner you can use things like clone cd and imgburn but will only write 97% of the game. These new games will fail the CIV checks online if they are not 100% complete.

m9g
25th October, 2011, 06:50 PM
LOL i just spent ages typing my previous post. You need the new burner to be able to burn 100% of the game. If you dont have the new burner you can use things like clone cd and imgburn but will only write 97% of the game. These new games will fail the CIV checks online if they are not 100% complete.

hehehe, thanks for all that effort with the good guide.

I got hold of Gow3 rrod version which has the iso and dvd files and tried running through abgx and it said it didnt recognise the type of file?

Also, just looking at tut for updating f/w on the 124b which done fine but it then say about burning image in imgburn and changing the settings - it says to put a tick next to "perforem opc check" for 4x speed or uncheck for 2.4 speed and it mentions at the top about

4x on MKM003 (with OPC) and 2.4x on MKM001 (without OPC) DVD+R DL

What does this mean?

I left it unticked and told it to write at 2.4 speed - ok?

Regards

martiboy
25th October, 2011, 06:59 PM
ABGX hasnt been updated with the new games so no point running any xgd3 games through it. The opc thing is for verb discs only. When you load a blank disc into imgburn it will tell you if they are mkm001 or mkm003. If you are using any other kind of media and have probs with the verify check out this post but only if you are having probs http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f14/burn-xgd3-any-dvd-r-dl-not-my-tut-234648/

m9g
25th October, 2011, 07:09 PM
ABGX hasnt been updated with the new games so no point running any xgd3 games through it. The opc thing is for verb discs only. When you load a blank disc into imgburn it will tell you if they are mkm001 or mkm003. If you are using any other kind of media and have probs with the verify check out this post but only if you are having probs http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f14/burn-xgd3-any-dvd-r-dl-not-my-tut-234648/

ah right ok thanks, only use verbs and write at 2.4x, been caught out with a pack of 25 naff ones and all turned to coasters

So at the mo, if i make a backup of a game i already have then as long as I have the iso and dvd files theres no need to run through abgx and just stick it into imgburn and enjoy :)

Playing my backup online with this new flashed liteon you would say is as safe as playing a backup on my hitach with lt1.1 which I have had no probs with at all.

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it :top:

martiboy
25th October, 2011, 07:20 PM
Abgx hasnt been updated because when lt2.0 came out they also brought of 0800 ripping firmware which is to extract all the data on the disc including ap25 and civ. So abgx may not be updated for a while. At the moment unless ms change things you will be as safe as using your hitatchi but things could always change so there is never a 100% guarantee. Thats the chance we take when we install cfw. Since lt2.0 came out with the xgd3 games i dont no of any1 who has been banned.

m9g
25th October, 2011, 07:24 PM
Ok ta

Just tried playing my backup of black ops and it comes up in the MY XBOX box which is good so means flashed drive is reading backup - clicked on it to play it and screen goes black - oh

Did I read somewhere that I will need to re-run black ops iso back through abgx and burn it again?

Cheers

martiboy
25th October, 2011, 07:31 PM
Ok ta

Just tried playing my backup of black ops and it comes up in the MY XBOX box which is good so means flashed drive is reading backup - clicked on it to play it and screen goes black - oh

Did I read somewhere that I will need to re-run black ops iso back through abgx and burn it again?

Cheers

yeh mate thats correct. This time when you run it through abgx it will patch with all ap25 files so you will never need to reburn. Hows gow3 going have you burnt it yet

m9g
25th October, 2011, 07:55 PM
yeh mate thats correct. This time when you run it through abgx it will patch with all ap25 files so you will never need to reburn. Hows gow3 going have you burnt it yet

Just finished, stuck in drive and comes up "play game" but with no picture, then when i click play game i get a black screen, a message saying signed out of live then signs back into live and goes back to main dashboard

I would think somehow the imgburn setting might have beenw rong as I know drive is seeing bachups the fact that it brought up the piccy of black ops when i put it in

Any ideas?

martiboy
25th October, 2011, 08:05 PM
when you burnt it did it burn 100% and also verify 100% did you click the verify before starting. Also is it a 0800 rip. You may need to follow that tut from the link i posted. I know some folks have had probs burning but as of yet ive never had a prob.

m9g
25th October, 2011, 08:13 PM
when you burnt it did it burn 100% and also verify 100% did you click the verify before starting. Also is it a 0800 rip. You may need to follow that tut from the link i posted. I know some folks have had probs burning but as of yet ive never had a prob.

Hi yeah verified ticked and completed sucessful %100

The file was Gears_of_War_3_READNFO_XGD3_0800_USA_RF-XBOX360-RRoD

m9g
25th October, 2011, 08:26 PM
trying again with setting you put in above link - -with the force hyper you say this is optional i take it i can leave it disabled as it is averb i'm using, also file i'm writing is the same as the one you have in the tut.

Regards

m9g
25th October, 2011, 09:32 PM
tried it again with settings in tut and still the same, play game appeasr but no piccy and when i click on it screen goes black and then back to dash

ggrrrrrr

martiboy
25th October, 2011, 09:36 PM
You have prob tried this already but do other backups work since you flash to lt 2.0 Also have you retarted your pc since flashing the burner

m9g
25th October, 2011, 09:42 PM
yeah re-started a few times since but good thinking - i will re-burn black ops and try it.

m9g
25th October, 2011, 09:50 PM
just noticed imgburn i had was 2.5.5 which was released last january and 2.5.6 was released this month, wonder if that has anything to do with it even tho' all settings for 2.5.6 were in 2.5.5

martiboy
25th October, 2011, 09:55 PM
Got to be worth a try. With blackops and the new ingburn.

m9g
25th October, 2011, 10:34 PM
Got to be worth a try. With blackops and the new ingburn.

hmm just tried black ops with imgburn 2.5.6 and it wouldnt work, wouldnt even work on my old hitachi - do you think it would matter that the settings for imgburn were still set as in tut above for xgd3? or wouldnt it matter?

martiboy
25th October, 2011, 11:48 PM
This is starting to sound like a bad flash in your burner. I'm not really sure what to suggest as I don't want you to have any more coaster. Do you still have the imgburn log if so could you post it

m9g
26th October, 2011, 06:48 AM
found it, just noticed in this log it says the disc is mkm003 which would suggest i need opc on, could this be the prob? I know on this one the write speed was set to max which was 8x speed which was the black ops but the previous GOW3 i was trying i set to 2.4x speed as I couldnt see anywhere that the disc was mkm003 so thought best to leave opc blank and set to low writing speed. As Black ops isnt an XDG3 game then thought the opc setting wouldnt matter would it? should I have turned of the settings i.e overburn etc etc that is required for the XDG3 games?

; //****************************************\\
; ImgBurn Version 2.5.6.0 - Log
; Tuesday, 25 October 2011, 22:30:42
; \\****************************************// (file://\\****************************************//)
;
;
I 21:47:35 ImgBurn Version 2.5.6.0 started!
I 21:47:35 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
I 21:47:35 Total Physical Memory: 4,176,544 KB - Available: 2,720,036 KB
I 21:47:35 Initialising SPTI...
I 21:47:35 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 21:47:35 -> Drive 1 - Info: ATAPI iHAS124 B AL0S (E:) (ATA)
I 21:47:35 Found 1 DVD?RW/RAM!
I 21:56:42 Operation Started!
I 21:56:42 Source File: C:\Users\Matthew\Desktop\XB360CBO.dvd
I 21:56:42 Source File Sectors: 3,827,488 (MODE1/2048)
I 21:56:42 Source File Size: 7,838,695,424 bytes
I 21:56:42 Source File Volume Identifier: DVD_ROM
I 21:56:42 Source File Volume Set Identifier: ec67c000MS UDFBridge
I 21:56:42 Source File Application Identifier: CDIMAGE 2.45 (12/06/2000 TM)
I 21:56:42 Source File Implementation Identifier: Microsoft CDIMAGE UDF
I 21:56:42 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.50)
I 21:56:42 Destination Device: [3:0:0] ATAPI iHAS124 B AL0S (E:) (ATA)
I 21:56:42 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00)
I 21:56:42 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x
I 21:56:42 Destination Media Sectors: 4,267,040
I 21:56:42 Write Mode: DVD
I 21:56:42 Write Type: DAO
I 21:56:42 Write Speed: MAX
I 21:56:42 Link Size: Auto
I 21:56:42 Lock Volume: Yes
I 21:56:42 Test Mode: No
I 21:56:42 OPC: No
I 21:56:42 BURN-Proof: Enabled
I 21:56:42 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 11,080 KB/s (8x)
I 21:56:42 Book Type Setting: DVD-ROM
I 21:56:42 Advanced Settings - Force HT: No, Online HT: Yes, OverSpeed: No, SmartBurn: Yes
I 21:56:42 Optimal L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1,913,760
I 21:56:42 Optimal L0 Data Zone Method: Copied From Original Disc
I 21:57:50 Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Succeeded!
I 21:57:51 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)
I 21:57:51 Writing LeadIn...
I 21:57:53 Writing Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 3827487)
I 21:57:53 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 3827487)
I 21:57:53 Writing Layer 0... (LBA: 0 - 1913759)
I 22:11:55 Writing Layer 1... (LBA: 1913760 - 3827487)
I 22:25:58 Synchronising Cache...
I 22:26:02 Closing Track...
I 22:26:03 Finalising Disc...
I 22:26:36 Exporting Graph Data...
I 22:26:36 Graph Data File: C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\ATAPI_iHAS124_B_AL0S_25-OCTOBER-2011_21-56_MKM-003-00_MAX.ibg
I 22:26:36 Export Successfully Completed!
I 22:26:36 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:29:54
I 22:26:36 Average Write Rate: 4,545 KB/s (3.3x) - Maximum Write Rate: 11,192 KB/s (8.1x)
I 22:30:42 Close Request Acknowledged
I 22:30:42 Closing Down...
I 22:30:42 Shutting down SPTI...
I 22:30:42 ImgBurn closed!

martiboy
26th October, 2011, 10:03 AM
Ok that log looks ok. The only point I would say is burn at a slower speed than 8x.
Just so that we can work out if its the burner or Xbox that is causing the prob.
1 when you reburned BO did you run the ISO through abgx first to fully patch it.
2 have you tried other games including originals in the box.
3 did you retry flashing the burner.
4 can you post the jf log from when
you flashed lt2.0
5 when you load a blank disk into imgburn what free space does it say you have
It's going to be somthing simple that's causing the prob but finding it could be harder.

m9g
26th October, 2011, 10:23 AM
Ok that log looks ok. The only point I would say is burn at a slower speed than 8x.
Just so that we can work out if its the burner or Xbox that is causing the prob.
1 when you reburned BO did you run the ISO through abgx first to fully patch it.
2 have you tried other games including originals in the box.
3 did you retry flashing the burner.
4 can you post the jf log from when
you flashed lt2.0
5 when you load a blank disk into imgburn what free space does it say you have
It's going to be somthing simple that's causing the prob but finding it could be harder.

Yeah ran BO back through ABGX
I tried an old backup of MW2 and that did the same as the old BO picture came up and play game but screen went black and returned to dash
Will try an original when i get home from work this eve
Haven't reflashed burner, will do later, when i flashed it it did do everything as the tut said it would.

Will keep you posted

Appreciate your time :top:

m9g
26th October, 2011, 11:48 AM
Just a thought, when i created CFW the source I used was the dummy.bin I created over a year ago before I put LT1 on, jf chose the target file itself, just wondering if my dummy.bin shold have been newer after the last ms update?

I ask this because I'm not sure exactly what the dummy.bin is and if JF loads a totally complete cfw on or if the cfw is generated by patching the dummy.bin and re-loading it back onto the drive if its the latter then is it possible the dummy.bin needs to be newer than the one I have.

martiboy
26th October, 2011, 02:13 PM
Try to reflash your Xbox again but this time do what I said in post 32 and use your old bin file not the new 1 you just made

m9g
26th October, 2011, 02:23 PM
Try to reflash your Xbox again but this time do what I said in post 32 and use your old bin file not the new 1 you just made

Hi if you read previous post thats what i did, i used the very first dummy.bin that i created over a year ago when i put lt+1 on. JF then auto loaded LTPLUS-025 and created cfw and thats what i wrote. Thats what i was asking was it ok to use my old dummy coz thats what i did and wondered if i needed to update stock fw then create dummy and use that.

What I thought i'd try when i get home is stick my old burner back in, re-set imgburn back to standard and burn BO again, if it works then that way i'll know if its the burner flash
Regards

m9g
26th October, 2011, 02:44 PM
Thinking about it when flashing the xbox drive, followed the jf tut and there was only one little bit thats mine didnt do, once the cfw is written to the drive and it verified as good it says click outro/ata

and right at the bottom it says something about key found, lists the key and says verified by c4eva - mine didnt do this bit it just said drive is lite-on

m9g
26th October, 2011, 05:58 PM
Right I burnt BO on my old drive with all settings put back to normal on imgburn and put in box and piccy comes up in box with play game under it and then black screen :(

Put an original in the xbox and it plays fine :)

What does this tell me - not sure :-/

martiboy
26th October, 2011, 06:15 PM
Well I would rule out any prob with the burner now. Do you have any none ap25 backups to try

martiboy
26th October, 2011, 06:18 PM
Also could you post your jungle flasher log

m9g
26th October, 2011, 06:34 PM
I have re-flashed the burner anyway, non ap25 isnt MW2 non ap25? have tried this one and still the same piccy on box with play game and then it goes to black screen

Where the JF log too?

Was just about to try and flash my dummy.bin to stock fw and then use that as source and flash again, if that makes sense

martiboy
26th October, 2011, 06:37 PM
If you flash your box again jf will ask you to save when you close it this will be your log

m9g
26th October, 2011, 07:05 PM
oh um just re-flashed and errrr ummm i put dummy.bin in source and it autoloaded the target and errrr ummmm i spotted it was lt+1.1, why that was in the new f/w pack i dont know i never put it in there. so um flashed to LT+2 and guess what......

BO works oh yeah GOW3 works aswelll - SURPRISE!!!!!!!

tum te tum tum oopps

hehehehehehe - got 10 backup copies of my BO now, they'll keep me going for a while

thanks for your help

martiboy
26th October, 2011, 07:08 PM
Superb. Glad you got it all sorted now. Go bang your new burner back into your pc as you know nothing is wrong with it. Well done

m9g
26th October, 2011, 07:10 PM
Advice to anyone flashing their lite-on drive with latest fw - dont let JF autoload from the new firmware pack as it will load the LT+1.1 :)

m9g
26th October, 2011, 07:12 PM
Superb. Glad you got it all sorted now. Go bang your new burner back into your pc as you know nothing is wrong with it. Well done

ok will do and after that i will go bang my head against a wall :)

Cheers :top: