PDA

View Full Version : DDEC V Actual Fuel Consumed vs. Electronic Fuel Consumed

jackalfa
23rd October, 2011, 11:26 AM
DDEC V Actual Fuel Consumed vs. Electronic Fuel Consumed

Please I really need your help DK members, I'm working in 6 trucks with DDEC V 6067MV6E engines. I set the
parameters in VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) with the information from tire manufacturers, transmission ratio and
axle ratio.

Supposedly with this parameters set correctly, the truck ECM will give the consumed fuel on the truck in a
trip. The problem is that the operators complaints, that the actual fuel consumed in tanks is not the same
that the trip report reads in DDDL. The difference is about 8 to 15 gallons.

When I checked the parameters on all the truck, they was having 0.74 in "Top Gear Ratio" but the transmission
info in Eaton Fuller showed that the transmission FR-14210B top gear ratio (Tenth) is 1.00 so I changed to 1.
I even tested some trucks speeds with a GPS to be sure that the speedometer showed the correct speed.

If there is no way to probe that the ECM read outs are correct regarding the consumed fuel, the operators will
have the argument that the ECM calculations are not correct.

If someone knows if I'm doing something wrong with the parameters (specially the transmission) or any other
parameters that need to be set or what percentage or margin of error the DDEC V ECM has (to at least have
this value in count), or if there is a way to correct electronic fuel consumed or change fuel correction
factor in the ECM will help a lot to fix this problem.

I appreciate enormously your help, time and knowledge input to this issue.

regards...

zandokan
23rd October, 2011, 06:53 PM
You can look at this file the option, FUEL ECONOMY INCENTIVE
also you can buy diesel at different stations, the machines sometimes fail
this is very common in my country lol

jackalfa
24th October, 2011, 12:36 AM
thanks zandokan, the trucks fill up the tanks in the yard they have a big fuel tank which pump was just calibrated so I know that this is not the issue. I know, and is common practice from a few drivers, to take some fuel to sell it in the black market, not all, but still are few who do this. Is what we trying to end.
Please if you have can help with your experience of the percentage of actual fuel consumed vs. electronic fuel consumed, it would be of great help to all members who are having the same problem or at least will have the knowledge when they needed.

jackalfa
24th October, 2011, 08:02 PM
Please members, if you have experience with this issue or know between which percentage is the accuracy range of electronic fuel consumed in an DDEC V ECM, comment.

Any one has installed in a truck a fuel flow meter designed for diesel fuel consumption measuring? if yes please, which brand and model did you suggest?

Regards

joeseph666
25th October, 2011, 03:58 AM
Check your Inbox.
:)

jctech
25th October, 2011, 11:47 AM
DDEC V Actual Fuel Consumed vs. Electronic Fuel Consumed

Please I really need your help DK members, I'm working in 6 trucks with DDEC V 6067MV6E engines. I set the
parameters in VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) with the information from tire manufacturers, transmission ratio and
axle ratio.

Supposedly with this parameters set correctly, the truck ECM will give the consumed fuel on the truck in a
trip. The problem is that the operators complaints, that the actual fuel consumed in tanks is not the same
that the trip report reads in DDDL. The difference is about 8 to 15 gallons.

When I checked the parameters on all the truck, they was having 0.74 in "Top Gear Ratio" but the transmission
info in Eaton Fuller showed that the transmission FR-14210B top gear ratio (Tenth) is 1.00 so I changed to 1.
I even tested some trucks speeds with a GPS to be sure that the speedometer showed the correct speed.

If there is no way to probe that the ECM read outs are correct regarding the consumed fuel, the operators will
have the argument that the ECM calculations are not correct.

If someone knows if I'm doing something wrong with the parameters (specially the transmission) or any other
parameters that need to be set or what percentage or margin of error the DDEC V ECM has (to at least have
this value in count), or if there is a way to correct electronic fuel consumed or change fuel correction
factor in the ECM will help a lot to fix this problem.

I appreciate enormously your help, time and knowledge input to this issue.

regards...

Also check the engine ECM vehicle speed is correct, not just speedo

jackalfa
26th October, 2011, 09:46 AM
hi jctech and all members,

I used a GPS to be sure that the speed of the vehicle matched the speed of the ECM (with the laptop connected doing a test trip) and the speedometer.
I'm think, I have the correct values in the parameters the only thing I don't have correct is the driver's pocket with the consumed fuel.
It really is a headache this issue but I really want to find a way to probe which percentage of error the ECM has while it calculates consumed fuel in a trip report against tank fuel consumed.
Please if someone can give more info, or give us your experience, please contribute to this thread. Best regards.

jackalfa
31st October, 2011, 06:43 PM
Any more experiences or info to share about this issue?
thanks...

tdftruckin
5th February, 2016, 01:49 AM
Jack- they should be close out of the box... if you are turning up the fuel (pw fudge factor) then by the same percentage increase the size fudge factor... and it should be close.

Also run the truck for about 2500 miles, full at start, full at end. divide out ACTUAL/REPORTED gallons. Multiply size fudge factor by that number and it will be really close from then on.