PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ duo for a novice

blakie8
23rd October, 2011, 08:50 PM
Hi all

I'm coming away from Sky finally, do you guys think a Duo is a good move for 3pm footy & movies etc?

I'm ready to fit a motorised dish and buy a v.reliable box, so your advice would be great thanks!

:top:

southpaw
23rd October, 2011, 08:59 PM
If twin tuner is important then its probably the best bang for your Buck unit around, if single tuner will suffice then dm800SE clone is an awesome box for 150 quid

dell_xps
23rd October, 2011, 09:07 PM
Vu Duo easy to setup for any novice :-)

blakie8
24th October, 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm thinking it's not essential to have a twin tuner, I'm hearing good things about the vu+ solo aswell?

RuberDuck
24th October, 2011, 10:20 AM
all of the Vu range are excellent receivers with the very best in support from a number of teams including VIX / BH / VTI and many more.

blakie8
24th October, 2011, 05:53 PM
its a silly question, but a twin tuner means I could record one channel and watch another.
But they must be from the same satellite? Surely i'd need 2 seperate motorised dishes for that?

I mean I could leave the sky dish up and stick a motorised above it? then be able to watch FTA stuff, or am I being a dummy here?

RuberDuck
24th October, 2011, 06:18 PM
providing you use a multifeed lnb. the same as with a sky dish and a quad / dual lnb you can record and watch any two channels on that satellite with a single dish. if you want to record and watch any two channels from different satellites you would need either two dishes or a multi lnb dish setup.

blakie8
24th October, 2011, 07:03 PM
providing you use a multifeed lnb. the same as with a sky dish and a quad / dual lnb you can record and watch any two channels on that satellite with a single dish. if you want to record and watch any two channels from different satellites you would need either two dishes or a multi lnb dish setup.

Thanks RuberDuck, but whats a multi lnb dish setup entail please?