PDA

View Full Version : My friend got an iPhone 4S?

hotlife
25th October, 2011, 11:18 AM
I did a Musicianship exam and got 94/100. My friend (who did the same exam), got 62/100 (a pass is 60.). She was given an iPhone 4S for 'passing' the exam. P.S. We're 13. I'm a bit upset, as I have really wanted an iPhone ever since the first one came out, and have been an avid follower of Apple before it became 'cool'. i have nehttp://www.uklv.info/g.phpver owned an iPod Touch etc., and currently have a totally normal phone and no iPod or anything. My brothers (age 7 and 10) have iPod Touches. Is it fair to ask my parents about an iPhone 4S? I have been blogging about them too, and gotten over 5,000 hits per day on my Wordpress site. I usually get about 5 hits per day, so that's an achievement!

What do you think? I can pay for 1/2- 3/4 of it. And I'm still quite annoyed at my friend. She got an iPhone for no reason! I mean, I got a High Distinction... And she didn't even get a credit. Just a 'Pass'. Just.

aftermath
25th October, 2011, 04:07 PM
it could have been a random prise.

like the 100th person, 200th person e.t.c. to pass

have you looked into getting a contract for one. ?

they are very expensive at the moment .

best i have seen is , for 32gb iphone 4s, pay ?129, then ?36 a month contract for 24 month.

that gets you 600mins, unlimited texts , 750gb data online

jordigirl
25th October, 2011, 04:14 PM
ask ya parents if they will put the rest to your phone for xmas if not keep saving am sure you'll get there, there are cheaper versions for sale now try 1 of them

i hope you get 1 :)

MrFug
26th October, 2011, 12:15 AM
Are we just gonna bombard this kid with tales of those less fortunate and reasons why she should be grateful for what she has? or be helpful and try to answer her questions?

Hotlife: maybe your friends parents are loaded and can afford to reward her menial achievements. Whatever their circumstances, put them out of your head - they have nothing to do with your iPhone quest.

Keep saving, and "remind" your parents that you've been working hard in school and getting good results, and of course with Christmas just around the corner....

Good luck with iPhone and keep workin hard kid!