PDA

View Full Version : hdd

tool37
25th October, 2011, 04:45 PM
hi all, just installed hdd, not a problem, people say you can record multiple programs at once, just tested it, but when i record a program on tuner a (motorized dish), it is recording tuner a and it automatically switches me to tuner b (fixed 28e dish), but when i record another program, it says no free tuners available, what am i doing wrong, thanks tool

dell_xps
25th October, 2011, 04:51 PM
You can only record 2 channels m8, if you look in the channel list you'll see some channels that are not greyed out, these are on the same transponder as you are recording, so you can record these other channels only.
Hope that makes sense ?

dell_xps
25th October, 2011, 04:54 PM
Ah sorry m8 just read that again, you most likely have tuner A same as b, you'll have to change that in tuner config.

RuberDuck
25th October, 2011, 04:55 PM
you can only record two channels on the box at the same time but you can record or watch upto 6 feeds via the web / pc interface.

tool37
25th October, 2011, 04:56 PM
just clocked it sorry for the post, thanks tool

dell_xps
25th October, 2011, 05:01 PM
you can only record two channels on the box at the same time but you can record or watch upto 6 feeds via the web / pc interface.

Are ya sure RD ?, I'm sure when I tried it it only lets you watch the channel thats being watched on TV and one other thats being streamed to Iphone PC m8, I'm off to investigate it m8...lol

dell_xps
25th October, 2011, 05:08 PM
If you have BBC 2 on TV and have ESPN streaming to iphone, you cannot watch another channel, you can only watch either BBC 2 or ESPN, so I think thats what RD means m8, you would be able to stream either BBC 2 or ESPN ( or whatever 2 channels the tuner are using) to 6 more PC's, Iphones, Ipads etc etc.
HTH