PDA

View Full Version : Windows Defender ??

Saltire
30th April, 2008, 12:21 AM
Does anyone ever use it ?? ive tried using it and it seem a waste of time in all the time ive tried, it never finds any problems or nuffin, what a waste of time man, lol, another bit of junk from bill gates then, eh ?? in the bin it goes, tra la la la la.

xenafan
30th April, 2008, 08:46 AM
Does anyone ever use it ?? ive tried using it and it seem a waste of time in all the time ive tried, it never finds any problems or nuffin, what a waste of time man, lol, another bit of junk from bill gates then, eh ?? in the bin it goes, tra la la la la.

Couldnt agree more m8 Windows Pretender!! more like lol

Cheers

Xenafan

Saltire
30th April, 2008, 09:39 PM
Couldnt agree more m8 Windows Pretender!! more like lol

Cheers

Xenafan

yea people need to relalise too that poxy windows defender is turned on as default setting in windows vista (well it is in my ultimate version anyways), and ya need to go in control panel and completley disable all the options for defender so that it turns off, just saying incase people didnt realise cause its sneaky it is.

caveman_nige
1st May, 2008, 07:57 AM
I had it installed a while back on one of my XP machines and my brother in laws XP PC also. Have since stripped it out of both since as it started well but turned shite and caused probs. I will not not let that app anywhere near my machines now. I have Vista installed on a few in multiboot scenarios with XP and Ubuntu, that is the limit for having now. I only keep Vista for support purposes otherwise I would not have that Defender crap anywhere near my machines either.

mickeyf
7th July, 2008, 10:42 AM
As someone that gets called upon to fix ppl's machines when they are running slow it is an invaluable tool. It shows all programs that are running and you can see straight away who the publisher is or in most cases the dodgy programs :) tend to have none - and then disable them.

Never seen it block any of these programs tho.....