PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch

jane01
26th October, 2011, 02:04 PM
Hi there i have a iPod touch which will not turn on or connect to iTunes, is there anything that can be done to try and fix this fault, i have try the usual steps to remedy this.

Warbski
26th October, 2011, 11:24 PM
Hi there i have a iPod touch which will not turn on or connect to iTunes, is there anything that can be done to try and fix this fault, i have try the usual steps to remedy this.

Try putting your iPod into DFU mode.

1. First, Open up iTunes, plug in your iPod Touch/iPhone to the CPU's USB port. Turn on your CPU's speaker and make sure it is loud enough that you can hear it.

2. Hold down the Home button (top left for iPod Touch and top right for the iPhone with the screen facing you) and the Power button (located on the front bottom of your iPod Touch/iPhone) simutaneously, until the screen goes black and the device turns off. (past the red slider/slide to power off screen)

3. Now let go of the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button. Your iPod Touch/iPhone should have turned off and the screen should not be on.

4. After around ~10-20 seconds, you will hear a noise (beep/ding) from your CPU as if it had just recognized a new hardware device, now iTunes should recognize it in DFU mode.

5. After iTunes recognizes the iPod Touch/iPhone, let go of the Home button otherwise it will go into recovery mode and you will have to do the entire DFU process over again.

6. You will know when you have put your iPod Touch/iPhone correctly into DFU mode when the display is blank and that you do not have anything on your device.

jane01
27th October, 2011, 03:36 PM
hi thank for that i have just tried that but there is no sign of life. still does not work

fijiman
28th October, 2011, 06:38 PM
Make sure it's fully charged...you may have a faulty USB cable(try a different one)...if you use your computer to charge your touch...try a different usb port.

jane01
29th October, 2011, 09:26 AM
the ipod will not charge at all, i try my iphone lead which works with the iphone but not with the ipod. i'm at a loss on what to try next.

fijiman
2nd November, 2011, 11:41 AM
iPod is faulty.. new battery..? water damage..?

gc1966
2nd November, 2011, 12:24 PM
i had a new one with the exact same fault,take it back to the shop