PDA

View Full Version : EDC16c34 1.4 hdi

azibi130
26th October, 2011, 02:24 PM
anyone has experience with this ecu?

i think i found at least some maps...is this maps correct?
1C147A (7x16)
1C16BE (7x16) - Drivers Wish?

1C4EA0 (12x12) - EGR?

1E2DA8 (16x16)
1E2FEC (16x16) - Turbo?

azibi130
26th October, 2011, 03:53 PM
found some more maps...but i'm not sure. could anyone confim?
and what about the factor and offset for this maps?does it have any?

lolooo1981
26th October, 2011, 07:17 PM
Yes,i have a concil for you.
Take care of this ECU,it is not, but very not reliable.
I had very lot of problem with this ecu and with injectors in this model, particulary with model before 2006.

Best regards

grinovsky
26th October, 2011, 07:40 PM
I had very lot of problem with this ecu and with injectors in this model, particulary with model before 2006.

Best regards
bad remap?
this ecu can be tuned without damage any injector
but it need special attention when remap

motocarlos
26th October, 2011, 08:09 PM
bad remap?
this ecu can be tuned without damage any injector
but it need special attention when remap

anyone have some damos for this ecu?? i need it too for a 307 1.4 hdi 68hp.
EDC16C0-1037368199

regards.

lolooo1981
26th October, 2011, 08:20 PM
I send original ECU (because it was changed after recalibrate ECU, but loose entire memory) to professional reparator of PSA)

That's why i post this and i prefer to prevent @Azibi130 with this ECU.
I am not the first to have this problem.
This ECU cost 1200Euros in PSA group and in opportunity at 600 Euros.

grinovsky
26th October, 2011, 08:47 PM
anyone have some damos for this ecu?? i need it too for a 307 1.4 hdi 68hp.
EDC16C0-1037368199

regards.
sorry,i haven't got damos for this ecu
@IoIooo1981
every time you flash an EDC16 ecu,be sure that the best way is by using BDM100,and keeping a back up of all memories of ecu before start modifing the dump
it's easy to do it by OBD,and it can be succes,but not every time;)

lolooo1981
26th October, 2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks.I take the council (Once again).

Best regards

motocarlos
26th October, 2011, 09:01 PM
@IoIooo1981
every time you flash an EDC16 ecu,be sure that the best way is by using BDM100,and keeping a back up of all memories of ecu before start modifing the dump

i have read with magprog2, i think it was good reading, here is the file, can you tell me if the file is good?? i need to tune it and now im dont know if i can do it.

regards.

grinovsky
26th October, 2011, 09:30 PM
i think it's good

lolooo1981
26th October, 2011, 09:31 PM
@IoIooo1981

That is the problem i met sometimes in workshop that the customer say "NO, don't open this", the last time i make this car i will turning 7 times my tong in my mouth before to say "no problem sir !" :embarassed:

Regards

lolooo1981
26th October, 2011, 09:33 PM
i have read with magprog2, i think it was good reading, here is the file, can you tell me if the file is good?? i need to tune it and now im dont know if i can do it.

regards.

Strange, with mpps in Peugeot 206 edc16C34 I read 2 MB.

Regards

grinovsky
26th October, 2011, 10:05 PM
yes,it's right,EDC16C34 have a flash size 2 MB,like the dump upload by azibi130 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/258011-azibi130/) in poste1
but the dump uploaded by motocarlos (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/55647-motocarlos/) have 1MB becose the flash come from EDC16C0

motocarlos
26th October, 2011, 10:16 PM
yes,it's right,EDC16C34 have a flash size 2 MB,like the dump upload by azibi130 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/258011-azibi130/) in poste1
but the dump uploaded by motocarlos (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/55647-motocarlos/) have 1MB becose the flash come from EDC16C0

yes its a edc16c0, with this ecu do i have some problem with the injector too??

regards.

azibi130
27th October, 2011, 01:26 AM

Best regards
thank's mate... ;-)

lolooo1981
27th October, 2011, 11:00 PM
yes its a edc16c0, with this ecu do i have some problem with the injector too??

regards.

With good modded file, i think not.But lot of injectors problem i see with this car and 2 person i know (without modded dump, only original) have repared 2 to 3 injectors at around 800000KM.This is a PSA problem like some edc16C34, not know on EDC16C0.In model before 2006 apparently.
Repear EACH injector cost 250 euros, new injector cost 500 euros.

Best regards

azibi130
10th November, 2011, 05:58 PM
is it better to write the file with galletto or mpps?
the original i have read with galletto, but to write the file i think i'll use mpps...what u people think about this?

lolooo1981
10th November, 2011, 06:28 PM
You can by mpps but be sure to wait 8 minutes after switch off key after prog or do it by bdm100 for safety.
And be sure to have Lexia/PP2000 if you loose coding of injectors.

Regards

azibi130
10th November, 2011, 08:16 PM
You can by mpps but be sure to wait 8 minutes after switch off key after prog or do it by bdm100 for safety.
And be sure to have Lexia/PP2000 if you loose coding of injectors.

Regards
thank's for your concil ;-)...
about lexia (i don't have it). can i use this software with mpps or galletto? or has to be proper tool for it?

lolooo1981
10th November, 2011, 08:19 PM
No it is an interface for psa cars for diagnose.Good clone cost 100 to 150 euros.

Regards

Stanton
10th November, 2011, 08:29 PM
What is the exact problem with the injectors failing due to remap on this ecu?

I ask as ive got a Fiesta 1.6 tdci in at the moment, PSA engine/edc16c34 ecu....the ecu has not been modified YET. Basically all I have done is remove ecu from the car, read via BDM, fit ecu back to the car and try to start.
It ran for maybe 30seconds, then cut out. Now sometimes it splutters when cranking, but most of the time it just spins over but firing.

IDS first brought up LOADS of faults, sensor faults, ROM memory fault etc....we cleared those and now it brings up injector fault for 1,2,3&4 everytime we crank then read. HOWEVER testing with LED at injector plug shows no output TO injector.
The other VERY strange thing, is I opened the flash in Swiftec and chk was wrong! How can this be if car was running fine and all I done was take off ecu?!?!

Any suggestions?
Going to manually check all wiring in the morning to make sure theres no problems at the ecu multiplug, but other than that I must have ****ed the ecu...(when opening maybe).

Thanks and sorry to hijack the thread!!

benzerrouki
10th November, 2011, 08:30 PM
I confirm the safe method is by BDM100, with edc16c34 there is 2MG Byte for the flash.

Regards.

benzerrouki
10th November, 2011, 08:37 PM

I ask as ive got a Fiesta 1.6 tdci in at the moment, PSA engine/edc16c34 ecu....the ecu has not been modified YET. Basically all I have done is remove ecu from the car, read via BDM, fit ecu back to the car and try to start.
It ran for maybe 30seconds, then cut out. Now sometimes it splutters when cranking, but most of the time it just spins over but firing.

IDS first brought up LOADS of faults, sensor faults, ROM memory fault etc....we cleared those and now it brings up injector fault for 1,2,3&4 everytime we crank then read. HOWEVER testing with LED at injector plug shows no output TO injector.
The other VERY strange thing, is I opened the flash in Swiftec and chk was wrong! How can this be if car was running fine and all I done was take off ecu?!?!

Any suggestions?
Going to manually check all wiring in the morning to make sure theres no problems at the ecu multiplug, but other than that I must have ****ed the ecu...(when opening maybe).

I had this problem with a 307 hdi edc16c34 I changed the ecu the car has started well

lolooo1981

Any suggestions?

I think you have the same problem like me since month ago with this ECU.Ecu loose memory after PP2000 recalibration in psa server.3 times was recalibrate and 3 times loose memory.

Regards

azibi130
No it is an interface for psa cars for diagnose.Good clone cost 100 to 150 euros.

Regards
:eek:...so many euros loool

lolooo1981
10th November, 2011, 08:39 PM
You need to repair or change ECU, i had no choice.

Regards

lolooo1981
10th November, 2011, 08:41 PM
:eek:...so many euros loool

Yes, but very good tool and it made recently cars like Psa RCZ,5008....etc

Regards

Stanton
10th November, 2011, 08:43 PM
So conclusion is its a hardware problem? I.e I can use the full bdm I saved to clone a new ecu?

Does hardware (028 xxxxx) part number have to be the same for cloning, or will any edc16c34 from psa 1.6 hdi/tdci be ok?

benzerrouki
10th November, 2011, 08:51 PM
So conclusion is its a hardware problem? I.e I can use the full bdm I saved to clone a new ecu?

Does hardware (028 xxxxx) part number have to be the same for cloning, or will any edc16c34 from psa 1.6 hdi/tdci be ok?

I have a BDM 100 clone I read and write with no problem I rather think you have the ecu to a problem because I had it

lolooo1981
10th November, 2011, 08:53 PM
PSA is septic by this...

But bdm seems to be the safer way.
But some advice of others members will be come ?

Regards

Stanton
10th November, 2011, 09:12 PM
Ive done lots, only the first I done by OBD, then learned far better/quicker/safer to do with BDM tool!!

I done a fiesta tdci 1.6 just last week, same ecu, no problems. This is the first one and its VERY strange problem...

alexs307
10th November, 2011, 10:02 PM
Probably something went wrong during the step when ecu aluminium cover was taken off ( hardware damage ).

There is no problem doing this ecu's over the OBD - just make sure you switch ignition off more than 5minutes after flashing ( power latch ). My Byteshooter prompts the user to do this, it also has a clock to measure this 5min period. This way you won't loose injector coding or ecu coding itself.

Offtopic:
So it seems that 5% on injection map and 3% on rail map does not destroy ecu+injectors, it is enough only to read the ecu. Lo loo1981, check email

alexs307
10th November, 2011, 10:14 PM
@Stanton:

Usually there is a power supply stage for injectors. Sometimes this power supply stage fails ( although I have seen this only on SID801 once and on a Bosch EDC15C2 ). Tell me one thing: did you use only the BDM pads to connect to the ecu or you supplied the ecu onto its pins with power and ground? (as if it was a Siemens ecu, for example ). I am just trying to make a connection here, this is why I need to know.

I encountered a strange situation with a EDC16C34 from a Partner 1.6HDI. I read with BDM, tuned the flash, but flashing process failed at 40%. Every attempt after this failed. Luckily for me, I had full BDM content and a spare ecu, so I put the content into spare ECU and I let the client go.

After this I had several days for testing. First I heated up the PCB with hot air gun - no results. After this I put ecu in a refrigerator for 24hours - no results.

After this I connected again to ecu on BDM pads, but put on these pads and the area nearby a large ammount of liquid flux and started heating up the PCB in that area. After 5-6 attempts, PCB started to smoke in one area, I insisted with hot air there and as I had a car for testing, I cloned the original ecu by writing its content into this broken one. Finally, after insisting on that BDM pads area, I managed to flash succesfully the ecu, put it back on the car and engine started.

It seems the ecu had a very weak point from the factory related to one of the connections to the BDM pads. By putting flux and heating, I restored this connection and ecu was back to life as I managed to program it.

Of course Stanton's situation is different. I would advise him to try replace the 3 power supply drivers located on right side of ecu (BDM port on low side).

Stanton
10th November, 2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the reply alexs:

Only bdm pads were used, with adaptor...not soldered.

I noticed when I was pry-ing the cover off that the PCB was still bonded to the cover (not the main case)...so I was pulling cover AND PCB away from the main case.. by maybe 5-10mm.... so this could have strained some tracks as I was effectively bending the board.

But I dont get why the compatability chksum was wrong? wtf is that about?!

Thanks again for the help...

alexs307
11th November, 2011, 08:29 AM
It depends of the side you start to remove the cover off...usually you have to start the opposite side of the area that is covered with silicone so you might not hurt the PCB by trying to lift the cover while it is still attached to the PCB by that silicone. And always try to heat the cover very well with a hot-air gun, it makes things a lot easier.

alexs307
11th November, 2011, 08:34 AM
How to open a new ECU Bosch ME7.9.10 - YouTube

Not specifically EDC16, but a succesfull way to lift off the cover. Correct side to start with removal! If they had warmed up the case with hot air, it would have been easier. It is not the right method in this video, it could have been more accurate, but guys succedeed.

borysgo2
11th January, 2012, 09:25 PM
1.4HDI - from my experience edc16C and C3 with early models were giving much troubles, the new ones (superseaded part numbers) are hardwarewise edc16c34 (that is written on the box) but after you connect with lexia or pp2000 it is giving reference as oryginal edc16c. Common fault is the driver with can communication (the one located closest to bdm pads), the other (as someone mentioned) is high voltage stage (didnt managed to fix it yet) and most expensive one is multilayer pcb.

beppe_72
8th July, 2012, 02:28 PM
Hi everybody, someone can con firm me that i removed correctly egr function from this map?
206 1.4 hdi qith edc 16c34, I found only 2 egr maps.
thanks
Beppe

mariooo
8th July, 2012, 04:50 PM
Hi everybody, someone can con firm me that i removed correctly egr function from this map?
206 1.4 hdi qith edc 16c34, I found only 2 egr maps.
thanks
Beppe

no egr off .. everything else is bad