PDA

View Full Version : rundll32.exe windows host process ???

Saltire
30th April, 2008, 02:37 AM
Whats the story with this "rundll32.exe" file , ive seen it lurking around before on my pc and its back again after a clean install of windows, ive read stories on the internet that it is a virus and also stories that its defo not a virus and is a valid windows file that you need to keep, so now iam in two minds to what it really is, does anyone know "for sure" ???

xenafan
30th April, 2008, 08:34 AM
Whats the story with this "rundll32.exe" file , ive seen it lurking around before on my pc and its back again after a clean install of windows, ive read stories on the internet that it is a virus and also stories that its defo not a virus and is a valid windows file that you need to keep, so now iam in two minds to what it really is, does anyone know "for sure" ???

rundll32.exe is an integral part of windows m8 but a lot of trojans use it has a backdoor into your computer usually when you see that error on boot up its because a spyware or virus program has detected and removed the offending program and thats just the link to it left showing it cant run anymore so system now safe but still annoying a good registry cleaner should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Xenafan

Saltire
30th April, 2008, 09:42 PM
rundll32.exe is an integral part of windows m8 but a lot of trojans use it has a backdoor into your computer usually when you see that error on boot up its because a spyware or virus program has detected and removed the offending program and thats just the link to it left showing it cant run anymore so system now safe but still annoying a good registry cleaner should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Xenafan

ok cheers mate, i dont see it now in the system startup items etc so i guess its gone.