PDA

View Full Version : Humax fresat box inquiry

clem58
26th October, 2011, 07:56 PM
I recently bought a fresat humax box cost me ?250.00p i was in the understanding that the standard def pictures are of good quality, bearing in mind i have a 46" screen can any of you guys tell me that i won't be disappointed . Its still boxed i can still bring it back to the shop. Read online that a body didn't want to watch a match in standard def , in his words the pictures are dreadful. Is this true?
:tomato:

excollier
27th October, 2011, 06:43 PM
I've had the Humax HDR (which I assume is what you have bought) mine is ok, but I only have a 32" screen.
If you connect it via a hdmi lead, and you should as one is provided, the the picture should be ok.
What channel are you intending to watch the footy on?
Anything on BBC 1 or ITV 1 or Channel 4 will also be available in Hi Def anyway, on a 46" screen it will be impressive.

clem58
27th October, 2011, 09:04 PM
I've had the Humax HDR (which I assume is what you have bought) mine is ok, but I only have a 32" screen.
If you connect it via a hdmi lead, and you should as one is provided, the the picture should be ok.
What channel are you intending to watch the footy on?
Anything on BBC 1 or ITV 1 or Channel 4 will also be available in Hi Def anyway, on a 46" screen it will be impressive.

I'll have to use an england postcode, i'm in belfast. i'm worried about pictures in standard deff, i was told the pictures are quite good. But after reading the post from another forum i'm a bit worried. Can you install an external hdd without any bother? Thanks for your reassurance but a thousand people can tell you somethin but always hearing the negative opinion of just one person.

bilbo123
29th October, 2011, 05:09 PM
The picture quality is superb. Ive had one for a few years now and the standard deff is very good mate.

jim wilde
2nd November, 2011, 06:50 PM
The quick and easy answer...if you have it there boxed....is to unbox it. Plug it in and make your own decision based on what you find!

clem58
3rd November, 2011, 11:53 PM
Are there extra channels i can pick up on freesat that are not available at the moment and if so can any of you guys tell me what they are and how to get them, bear in mind that i am using my fixed sky dish. I seen on utube that i can get sky news, it would be great if i could pick up dave. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLIIES

The reason i asked about the quality of the pictures on humax box is because the packaging has 2 security stickers on it. Other wise i would have known without asking.

Sorry if this comment came over as offensive it isn't meant to be i have edited it. Sorry once again.

rmyers
4th August, 2012, 02:13 AM
i own a humax foxsat hdr and the picture on hd and sd is excellent ch 4 hd superb

ki46ej03
18th August, 2013, 05:31 PM
I used one and returned it to pcworld after a while recordings woudnt playback unless power switched off and back on

spanishlion
10th February, 2014, 08:06 PM
Can I put a sealion in Humax hdr box

DOUGALMCD
10th February, 2014, 10:23 PM
It wouldn't fit lol