PDA

View Full Version : Getting connected to the net???

craigie188
31st December, 2008, 01:42 AM
Hi, I have tried the easy option setup on the network settings but dont seem to get a connection??

I Simply unplugged my ethernet cable going to my comp and put it straight in to the PS3 but nothing.

Is there anying I need to setup in this option???

dazza78
31st December, 2008, 01:43 PM
Hi, I have tried the easy option setup on the network settings but dont seem to get a connection??

I Simply unplugged my ethernet cable going to my comp and put it straight in to the PS3 but nothing.

Is there anying I need to setup in this option???

are you running it through a router m8? if so follow this link

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f15/wiresless-trouble-558/

if not then make sure your running it through your modem and just do the simple settings m8 , its easy
dazza

C64
31st December, 2008, 02:30 PM
I think he has it plugged directly from the modem.

It really should be working, especially if you have opted for the easy setup.

Perhaps it's a network cable problem, maybe your PS3 needs a cross-over?

When you unplugged the cable from the PC and plugged it into the PS3, did you reboot the modem?

Simple solution is to buy a cheap router, you can get them for under ?20 these days, that'll allow you to have your PC and PS3 on the Internet at the same time.

dazza78
1st January, 2009, 03:52 PM
I think he has it plugged directly from the modem.

It really should be working, especially if you have opted for the easy setup.

Perhaps it's a network cable problem, maybe your PS3 needs a cross-over?

When you unplugged the cable from the PC and plugged it into the PS3, did you reboot the modem?

Simple solution is to buy a cheap router, you can get them for under ?20 these days, that'll allow you to have your PC and PS3 on the Internet at the same time.

if thats how hes doin it then there shouldnt be any probs, like you say , just get a cheap router
dazza

craigie188
2nd January, 2009, 09:17 PM
Got it!!! I just to disconnect the power to the broadband. apparently it holds on the the ip address of the computer...
Cheers guys

dazza78
3rd January, 2009, 02:05 PM
Got it!!! I just to disconnect the power to the broadband. apparently it holds on the the ip address of the computer...
Cheers guys

glad you got it sorted m8

dazza

C64
3rd January, 2009, 02:10 PM
Cheers guys

]When you unplugged the cable from the PC and plugged it into the PS3, did you reboot the modem?

;)

:)