PDA

View Full Version : help please with ipod touch second generation

tinbin
28th October, 2011, 06:45 PM
I have just bought an ipod touch second generation for my husband from some one we know, he had used the second jailbreak with Cydia 37 on the screen. He had never updated it for over 2 years, and he hadn?t put any apps free or other wise.

I would like to buy the new fifa 12 for it,I cannot buy it because it says it needs an update. I know my husband will want to put apps you can download from sites on the internet on it, can some one please advice me and my husband on how to find out what version of software is on it.
How do we update it please, and how to put apps on I tunes. I hope what I have told you, makes sense.

tinbin
28th October, 2011, 09:17 PM
Help me please I need your advice .

Moneyboi
28th October, 2011, 09:56 PM
Go to Settings-->General-->About--->Version

this will tell you what firmware you are on, If you update the jailbreak will go away and you will not be able to jailbreak on iOS5. The only thing you can do is to update and get rid of the jailbreak and then download fifa 12.

Just out of curiosity what are you using the jailbreak for exactly?

ricky_uk1
29th October, 2011, 12:26 AM
im sure the second gen touch only go upto os4 which you can jailbreak so he can download the games as you mentioned, so back it up and go to the link below

go here
Download iOS 4.0 Firmware for iPhone and iPod touch | Redmond Pie (http://www.redmondpie.com/download-ios-4.0-firmware-for-iphone-9170209/)

tinbin
31st October, 2011, 09:34 PM
Thank you very much for your help, I am sorry I haven***8217;t got back in touch with you. It***8217;s because we have been down with 24hour sickness bug, I will let you know as soon as I can.

Thank You.

fijiman
2nd November, 2011, 11:39 AM
iPod Touch 2ndGen is an old model ...it may struggle with newer games...
Connect your iPod to iTunes and backup/sync ...
Then just hit Restore button in iTunes and Restore to the latest available firmware for an iPod Touch 2nd Gen.
Then jailbreak if required with Greenpois0n or Redsn0w etc etc