PDA

View Full Version : 206 2l hdi injectors

m3vuv
29th October, 2011, 06:19 PM
hi all,ive got to look at one of these,runs on 2cyls no 3 and 4 doing nothing,its been run on red so think its injectors ~~~~ed,had a look at it with pp2000 and it gives the fuel quantity of no 1+2 injectors in plus numbers but negative numbers on no 3+4,is this normal?,i have some s/h injectors and assume these need coding to the ecu,any idea how i do it with pp2000 ?,cheers Paul m2vuv

Larue
29th October, 2011, 08:09 PM
Sounds like you are right about injectors just check compression in cylinders if that's possible and check fuel filter housing for metallic filings before fitting another injectors.
If you will fit your working injectors they should work without coding. At least for testing.
About coding will post some printscreens tomorrow. Have too much cider to find them now.
By the way....you got nice avatar....don't get me wrong,please! :beer:

m3vuv
29th October, 2011, 08:54 PM
cheers,the compresions are ok,no metal in the filter,im thinking its just the injectors.

m3vuv
30th October, 2011, 11:41 PM
update,i changed the injectors and it still runs like a pig!,i go into ecu configuration and services in pp2000 select replace injectors then it tells me the injectors need to be reconfiguired and that is as far as it lets me go,
i have,rail pressure of 306bar at tickover,injector set flow point is 13mm/stroke,injector flow corrections are
no1 1.53mm3/stroke
no2 4.98mm3/stroke
no3 -1.69mm3/stroke
no4 -4.98mm3/stroke
i imagine ive got to configure the ecu to work with the new injectors but cant seem to be able to do it with pp2000,any ideas/screenshots etc anyone?,cheers Paul.

m3vuv
31st October, 2011, 12:11 AM
forgot to say,the crank pulley fell apart and the battery went flat,the pulley was changed and they jump started it with the battery totaly flat and its run like a bag of shit ever since,i imagine its spiked the ecu and thats lost its injector coding?? i need to sus how to sort that in pp2000 but not getting anywhere so help needed on this one !

lee_hdi
31st October, 2011, 12:23 AM
You can't code injectors with PP2000

I'm sure I've seen quite a few injector stroke figures like that when viewing live data, and they have all been running fine.

The failing crank pulley is a common problem, make sure you replace it with a solid one.

m3vuv
31st October, 2011, 12:34 AM
its not going to make it run like a sack of shit tho !,if i cant code the ecu to the injectors with pp2000 what should i use ?

Larue
31st October, 2011, 07:29 AM
forgot to say,the crank pulley fell apart and the battery went flat,the pulley was changed and they jump started it with the battery totaly flat and its run like a bag of shit ever since,i imagine its spiked the ecu and thats lost its injector coding?? i need to sus how to sort that in pp2000 but not getting anywhere so help needed on this one !
I think best thing to do would be check switching signal from ECU to each injector with oscilloscope and amps clamp. Could be spiked ECU. Bit later will check at work printscreens about injectors coding.Couldn't find them at home.

Larue
31st October, 2011, 02:23 PM
Just rechecked my printscreens collection at work and can't find any about Peugeot injectors coding. Sadly no Peugeot cars in workshop at moment which is unusual.
As about flow corrections Bosch is giving +-5mm3/stroke. So two of them running on the edge or tester just can't show more. Still thinking checks with oscilloscope would be worth doing. Then you will see what's going on with signal.

Meat-Head
31st October, 2011, 08:24 PM
Have you tried to 'maually re-boot the firm ware in the ecu' - that being disconect and reconeect the battery

Is it low on fuel - sucked some lumps up?- sticky regulatoer?

m3vuv
31st October, 2011, 09:44 PM
well it has been run on red diesel about 3 weeks ago,its white in it at the moment,i would imagine if it were the pressure regulator i would show up in live data,ive been working at a firm converting an nc milling machine to cnc and my scope is over there at the mo so i wont be over there till friday so keep the ideas coming,cheers m3vuv

nutloose
31st October, 2011, 09:51 PM
can you do a cylinder cut in actuations?
It will at least prove the relative output of each cylinder

m3vuv
2nd November, 2011, 08:23 AM
two cylinders are doing most of the work,it will rev to 2500rpm then rattles its balls off,smokes like the bismark and almost dies!

eliberatoro
2nd November, 2011, 09:22 AM
update,i changed the injectors and it still runs like a pig!,i go into ecu configuration and services in pp2000 select replace injectors then it tells me the injectors need to be reconfiguired and that is as far as it lets me go,
i have,rail pressure of 306bar at tickover,injector set flow point is 13mm/stroke,injector flow corrections are
no1 1.53mm3/stroke
no2 4.98mm3/stroke
no3 -1.69mm3/stroke
no4 -4.98mm3/stroke
i imagine ive got to configure the ecu to work with the new injectors but cant seem to be able to do it with pp2000,any ideas/screenshots etc anyone?,cheers Paul.

Hi
"13mm/stroke,injector flow " it is huge value you have some powerlost. I think you have problem with no2 or no4.
positive correction is from lost of compression (used motor or soupape) but negative correction is from semiblocked injector what is injecting more than is needed. The ECU try to egalize them.
If you add that the sum is near 0.
Swap the injectors 1 and 2 and see the results. If no major changes try swap 3 and 4.

m3vuv
2nd November, 2011, 11:40 AM
ive already changed all four injectors but it runs the same,i still cant find a way in pp2000 to code the ecu to the injectors tho!

eglo
2nd November, 2011, 12:11 PM
Coding will not change things so don't worry about that. The flow is too high for 2.0l engine at idle because it is compensating, should be approx 6-8mm3.
Have you got a mechanical issue here compression or breathing problem?
If injectors being triggered then you could swap a known good cylinders injector for one of the bad ones. At plus or minus 5 you are at the limits but check mechanical side first.

m3vuv
5th November, 2011, 07:04 AM
ive already swapped the injectors around but its still the same,i need to scope the injector feeds and see whats going on,im thinking they spiked the ecu when they jump started it,i dont like the idea of stuffing 80v on the input of my scope tho !

Larue
5th November, 2011, 07:49 AM
,i dont like the idea of stuffing 80v on the input of my scope tho !
You need amps clamp to check current draw on injectors wires otherwise you will blow up scope.

m3vuv
5th November, 2011, 08:24 AM
good thinking,i never thought of that!

Meat-Head
6th November, 2011, 12:26 AM
You need amps clamp to check current draw on injectors wires otherwise you will blow up scope.

You could try and try only:-

Go to carpark - or scrap yard - find a Fiat Punto - rip the transponder ring off the ignition barrel.

Stick an led on it - hold near injector whith it running:-

1) If it lights up - wicked step 3
2) If no light up - stuff in your tool box - use on next non starter to see if transponder loop powerinng up
3) ROB a switchmode power supply - home DVD player - laptop - anything - wrench open remove the OPTICAL COUPLER - if this to your fiat loop instead of the led - connect scope to output of optical coupler
4) m3vuv (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/145008-m3vuv/) Top Poster
Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Is there a problem with your 'THANKS BUTTON'? - sure Admin can fix it if it is not working.

Meat

Larue
6th November, 2011, 12:32 AM
You could try and try only:-

Go to carpark - or scrap yard - find a Fiat Punto - rip the transponder ring off the ignition barrel.

Stick an led on it - hold near injector whith it running:-

1) If it lights up - wicked step 3
2) If no light up - stuff in your tool box - use on next non starter to see if transponder loop powerinng up
3) ROB a switchmode power supply - home DVD player - laptop - anything - wrench open remove the OPTICAL COUPLER - if this to your fiat loop instead of the led - connect scope to output of optical coupler
4) m3vuv (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/145008-m3vuv/) Top Poster
Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Is there a problem with your 'THANKS BUTTON'? - sure Admin can fix it if it is not working.

Meat
I want to **** you in the ass - YouTube

sorrry....wrong title....or wrong cider.....

Meat-Head
6th November, 2011, 12:35 AM
I want to **** you in the ass - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDCb44O6Euo&feature=related)

sorrry....wrong title....or wrong cider.....

That's awesome mate

OFF TOPIC:-

Did you ever manage to sort that Honda Generator - updated relevent thread - thanks

Larue
6th November, 2011, 12:41 AM
That's awesome mate

OFF TOPIC:-

Did you ever manage to sort that Honda Generator - updated relevent thread - thanks
Yes. Found short circuit in stator. So don't think it's worth rewinding.
Bit more about Inglish: German Coast guard trainee - YouTube

m3vuv
3rd May, 2012, 06:50 AM
found the problem,it was a busted cam follower!

Meat-Head
3rd May, 2012, 02:04 PM
cool, at least you updated it

Liteace
3rd May, 2012, 07:08 PM
cheers,the compresions are ok.

found the problem,it was a busted cam follower!

Strange !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dong:

smirnoff_rules
3rd May, 2012, 07:12 PM
only had this after cambelt broke ? strange .. unless someone tried to start with easystart and over revved it ?

Meat-Head
3rd May, 2012, 07:16 PM
Strange !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dong:

Would have been worth pinning the member up the wall and asking more questions, but then again it's Frogench, no reason for it, just to piss you off.

obd.tech
3rd May, 2012, 11:52 PM
which follower? and what was it causing to happen?

Meat-Head
4th May, 2012, 06:18 PM
which follower?

This one? The Kinks-dedicated follower of fashion

kinks-dedicated follower of fashion (with lyrics) - YouTube

Larue
4th May, 2012, 10:00 PM
It's took a long time to sort that out. Customer seems to have loads of patience!

Meat-Head
5th May, 2012, 12:15 PM
It's took a long time to sort that out. Customer seems to have loads of patience!

No mate, not quite, it would seem that different parts of Ingland and different members just seem to get, different cars, like this for example.

Premeird is in Scotland, as are several other members, ALL they do, all day everyday

are milage IN-corrections and radio codes.

If you come down a little, that part of the country, nothing, but ecu
and immo off.

go further south again, cycle repats, nothing but milage IN-corrections and radio codes

So chances are, where the orginal poster is, nobdy cares about pug 206's, and leave them with enough fuel, tax, mot with you to fix, as/when you get time.

But as we are all DK members, spare time is rare, as always on DK once (or before) work is finished