PDA

View Full Version : TOO MANY LITTLE KIDS HAVE DIED 2008

bodaccea
31st December, 2008, 01:40 PM
i want to draw your attention to this story. Its not an evil murder, its a freakish accident. I believe it could happen in anyones home. So please take heed if you have little ones

http:/http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/missteresabrown/ScreenShot001.jpg

This is Emily Hughes. She died when her Dad dropped an old telly down the stairs and landed on her head. This is not a joke. No Punchline. Just look at her - what a little cutie! She was apparently lying on the stairs playing her nintendo ds. Her father was moving the telly downstairs to a play area for her and her brothers. He didnt see the child (well you wouldnt with a big telly in front!) he stubbed his toe and completely lost his balance - unable to stop the old bulky tv as it landed on her head. No, she didnt die instantly, she died the next day in hospital of 'catastrophic' brain damage! My heart goes out to her Dad. That poor bloke has to live with that. Can you imagine what he is going through. The Liverpool Coroner told them that 'Emily did not suffer' which is some small consolation i guess.

So please folks be aware when moving stuff around...little people are sometimes hard to see, they run around quickly too - especially when excited (THIS HAPPENED CHRISTMAS EVE BTW) PROBABLY BEST TO KEEP CHILDREN WELL OUT THE WAY IF MOVING FURNITURE!!! That poor family will probably never have a christmas again.

I got no god. If i did i'd be kicking his ass right now.

This is the link for the full story http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2076044.ece

I really hope 2009 doesnt bring us any more little kids dying..just too many this year...

C64
31st December, 2008, 01:50 PM
My wife told me about this last night :(

Very upsetting to think of the grief that poor man (and family) must be feeling, such a bizzare accident but these things happen everyday and go unnoticed.

In my town, on the 29th a woman was trying to cross a wide stretch of road just outside ASDA, she had a child with her, as they crossed they were struck by a large 4 wheel drive landrover style car. The kid died and I'm not sure what has happened to the mother. What makesme angry is that there is a public underpass which they could have taken but the woman decided to risk the road and the kid ended up paying the price for her lack of judgement.

bodaccea
31st December, 2008, 03:09 PM
That is my pet hate actually, and i see it ever such a lot - usually young girls - when they cross the road with the push chair out in front. I hate it. Even at crossings. I always keep my push chair well back and turn it round so i go in the road first. Feel like yelling at them 'nooooo'

Hazza
2nd January, 2009, 11:25 AM
I read this story and felt like crying for the whole family, such a loss to anyone, and at such a time when we should all be celebrating. It makes you realise how lucky we are and to be more carefull. I could not imagine being without my 6 year old daughter, Lily.
Harry