PDA

View Full Version : EGR off S320cdi?

AdamGdefender
30th October, 2011, 05:35 PM
I have been trying to understand how to turn the egr off on my w220 s320cdi edc16.

I had a go with winols by setting the egr map (I think I've got the right one) to the maximum value 13500.

But looking at old posts I believe this may result in a fault code and limp mode. Also this way will not adjust the boost/vnt settings to compensate for the lack of egr.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Adam

grinovsky
30th October, 2011, 06:47 PM
are you ~~~~ing with us m8?
the egr is desactived in the fist dump,you don't know?
so,you can modifed the egr map as you like,put all value to 0 or to 20 000 it will not affect the engine,becose this map is desactived

AdamGdefender
30th October, 2011, 07:11 PM
are you ~~~~ing with us m8?
the egr is desactived in the fist dump,you don't know?
so,you can modifed the egr map as you like,put all value to 0 or to 20 000 it will not affect the engine,becose this map is desactived

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I had no idea it was deactivated.

The first map is what I down loaded using bdm100 off my car.

I assumed the egr is active. When I removed the valve it is covered in soot both sides.

The car has no DPF fitted.

Cheers

Adam

grinovsky
30th October, 2011, 08:16 PM
this is a wonderful egr map
if you flash this dump,you will not get dtc relative to egr
becose the processore will ignore this map

AdamGdefender
30th October, 2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks very much.

I'll give this a go and let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Adam

mariooo
31st October, 2011, 03:39 PM
this is a wonderful egr map
if you flash this dump,you will not get dtc relative to egr
becose the processore will ignore this map
grinovsky Hello, I saw the file AdamGdefender egr off, he did as I do on EDC15 egr lead to higher value with straight line .. Mercedes EDC16 this should not disable controls egr egr gold and leave the map?

I downloaded your file "44" I do not understand why and how to get to this solution egr off! can you give an explanation?

grinovsky
31st October, 2011, 03:45 PM
grinovsky Hello, I saw the file AdamGdefender egr off, he did as I do on EDC15 egr lead to higher value with straight line .. Mercedes EDC16 this should not disable controls egr egr gold and leave the map?

I downloaded your file "44" I do not understand why and how to get to this solution egr off! can you give an explanation?
in the first dump of AdamGdefender,the egr is desactived by the single,so ,you can modifi the egr map as you like,it will not affect the engine,becose when the egr is desactived by the single,the processore will ignore the adress of egr maps
so you can do as you like with map(build a pyramide for exemple)
do you understant?hello

mariooo
1st November, 2011, 01:09 PM
in the first dump of AdamGdefender,the egr is desactived by the single,so ,you can modifi the egr map as you like,it will not affect the engine,becose when the egr is desactived by the single,the processore will ignore the adress of egr maps
do you understant?hello
in this post:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f173/egr-off-235302/

you say that egr is not disabled thereby maximizing value egr .. the engine failure and marked lameness!

EDC15 do I in this procedure leads to the maximum value of egr
EDC16 off ok in the control

in this case because my file was not right? because the engine if done so lame?

the file is just to maximize AdamGdefender egr off to make? I think, or to disable the control EDC16!

excuse my English I hope you have understood what I want to say hello

AdamGdefender
2nd November, 2011, 11:28 AM
do you understant?hello

Thanks for the help.

So there is a switch or flag in the map which tells the ecu to ignore certain maps.

I am trying to find this switch in my hex dump. I'm hoping the damos example will help me.

Are you certain that my original file has the egr switched off? The reason I ask is there is soot both sides of the valve and the egr type gunk in the inlet manifold.

Cheers

Adam

grinovsky
2nd November, 2011, 12:38 PM
yes,AdamGdefender (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/71314-adamgdefender/)
i am sure 100% that the EGR is desactived in the first dump

mariooo
2nd November, 2011, 04:54 PM
I have been trying to understand how to turn the egr off on my w220 s320cdi edc16.

I had a go with winols by setting the egr map (I think I've got the right one) to the maximum value 13500.

But looking at old posts I believe this may result in a fault code and limp mode. Also this way will not adjust the boost/vnt settings to compensate for the lack of egr.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Adam
which file you tried egr off successfully?

AdamGdefender
2nd November, 2011, 05:22 PM
which file you tried egr off successfully?

The first file is the one that came with the car when I bought it. I assumed the egr is operating but grinovsky has said it is not.

I have not tried the second file that I changed as it seems that map is not used by my car.

What I will do is take the plastic cover off the egr valve so I can see if it is moving thus recirculating the exhaust gases.

I'll report back.

Adam

bazare
2nd November, 2011, 05:42 PM
yes EGR is working with the first dump ... don't bother to test. You still need to close it.

coolis
2nd November, 2011, 05:57 PM
yes EGR is working with the first dump ... don't bother to test. You still need to close it.

Yep. i have also that same ori file...

grinovsky
2nd November, 2011, 06:40 PM
oh,nice
so,can i ask the professionnel of tunig MB how to desactive the egr in this ecu?
http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/16/03/79/30/lion11.gif

rihtron
2nd November, 2011, 06:47 PM
i dont understand

grinovsky
2nd November, 2011, 06:56 PM
i mean
what's the adresse of the single that desactivate the egr
in this dump?

AdamGdefender
6th November, 2011, 09:51 PM
I have had another go at turning the egr off on my file:

I would be very grateful if someone could let me know if it is ok.

Thanks very much

Adam

mariooo
7th November, 2011, 12:35 PM
I have had another go at turning the egr off on my file:

I would be very grateful if someone could let me know if it is ok.

Thanks very much

Adam
which tool you use to read and write on your machine?

I think you're on the right track, however, does not need to touch the map to be 0E1118 0E12B8 EDC16 is a switch so you have to disable only the egr .. could be just what you did but you have to do the test and write the file ...

AdamGdefender
7th November, 2011, 02:24 PM
which tool you use to read and write on your machine?

I think you're on the right track, however, does not need to touch the map to be 0E1118 0E12B8 EDC16 is a switch so you have to disable only the egr .. could be just what you did but you have to do the test and write the file ...

I'm using a BDM100 clone. I previously tried a galletto but it did not work properly.

I have not tried any maps yet as I'm worried about damaging the engine.

Thanks for the help. I have been comparing to another edc16 file with egr off.

There is a MB EDC16 ols file that has many maps labelled and comparing to mine I think the adjustment is affecting the "upper and lower hysteresis shut-off curve for large injected fuel quantity"

I think the aim is to set the rpm all to maximum.

I'm new to this and there is a lot to take in:fisheye:

Cheers

Adam

jolidj
8th November, 2011, 02:22 AM
the egr in not off.
ia try today with the Grinovsky mod , and the egr is open a 50%....i dont try more.
mod not good.

AdamGdefender
10th November, 2011, 10:56 AM
Here is my new attempt at switching the egr off

I think I have put the shut off curves to zero.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and help it is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

alexs307
11th November, 2011, 10:30 AM
This will most surely work.

mariooo
11th November, 2011, 01:52 PM
Here is my new attempt at switching the egr off

I think I have put the shut off curves to zero.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and help it is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

I think your work is right the switches could be the ones you've tried the file?

AdamGdefender
29th November, 2011, 04:14 PM
I think your work is right the switches could be the ones you've tried the file?

Sorry for the delay.

First I took the plastic cover off the egr valve to see its movement.

Just to check I watched it with the original file and at idle it moves fully open.

Then I tried the modified file and it did the exact same thing, i.e opened at idle.

Just to confirm the valve must remain connected?

Thanks

Adam

alexs307
29th November, 2011, 06:26 PM
The valve must remain connected.
Why don't you watch for MAF values at idle and for %signal for EGR? Isn't it easier this way?
Are you sure the valve it's moving to open position? Maybe it is actually closing.

AdamGdefender
29th November, 2011, 06:32 PM
I think I might know where I went wrong.

I'm going to try this new file as soon as it stops raining.

I'll update once tried.

Adam

AdamGdefender
29th November, 2011, 06:50 PM
The valve must remain connected.
Why don't you watch for MAF values at idle and for %signal for EGR? Isn't it easier this way?
Are you sure the valve it's moving to open position? Maybe it is actually closing.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Next time I'll connect Star das to it.

I'm pretty sure it is moving to the open position. It is an electric egr valve with a motor and cam moving a plunger down. When down I believe it is open.

It's interesting that with the factory map it stays open for about 20 seconds after engine shut down.

Cheers

Adam

alexs307
29th November, 2011, 07:20 PM
Usually after engine stop the EGR it's making its own self cleaning sequence by moving from minimum to maximum position several times. Well, this depends on ecu type and strategy. This is why it closes later on your car.

AdamGdefender
30th November, 2011, 12:16 AM
When writing to the ecu using bdm I only wrote the flash part and then did a checksum with the bdm software.

Is the checksum part necessary as I thought winols had already done this?

Also should I be writing all parts when flashing? I read somewhere that just doing the flash could cause problems. (I am not turning the ignition on between removing the ecu and flashing)

Thanks very much

Adam

AdamGdefender
30th November, 2011, 01:17 PM
Just tried the new file and it worked.

For some reason on my car the cut off table is only 8x1 whereas most cars seem to have a larger one.

Big thanks to Alex for his help and also an egr file he posted for a peugeot.

I will check to see if any error codes appear and report back.

Thanks

Adam

andysquirrel
2nd January, 2012, 04:50 PM
i thank adamgenius for these help, will work for my mercedes as same?
car for s320cdi 2004

AdamGdefender
3rd January, 2012, 03:04 PM
i thank adamgenius for these help, will work for my mercedes as same?
car for s320cdi 2004

To be honest I do not know. I think some 2004 s-classes had diesel particulate filters.

What differences are there between my hex file and yours?

Adam

Ngetov
14th August, 2012, 05:25 PM
anyone want to remove my egr on my s320cdi edc15