PDA

View Full Version : firmware AND codes???

noname
31st December, 2008, 02:39 PM
just a quick one.
if i buy a eurovox when i download the firmware then install it onto the box... what do i do next?
are there codes i need to upload to the box aswell or will only the firmware open all channels? one other thing is howcome the firmware seems to be updated quite often...i thought it was autoupdating software which means i do not need to enter codes or change firmware for a long time? cheers.

ootmaroad
31st December, 2008, 02:47 PM
just a quick one.
if i buy a eurovox when i download the firmware then install it onto the box... what do i do next?
are there codes i need to upload to the box aswell or will only the firmware open all channels? one other thing is howcome the firmware seems to be updated quite often...i thought it was autoupdating software which means i do not need to enter codes or change firmware for a long time? cheers.

Best to get yourself a box first mate.... then it will be easier to find what you need to do... or explain it to you.. depends on box model etc..

noname
31st December, 2008, 02:54 PM
gonna get a 1000sl mate. i wanna get it all sorted before i buy a box so i have it all downloaded already. i understand how it all works just not 100% sure on what i need to download other than the latest firmware.

RustyMG
1st January, 2009, 08:23 PM
Download firmware, flash box, delete all channels, reset to factory defaults, enter correct key depending if Telewest or NTL area (6.952 or 6.887), do powerscan, wait 40 mins, enjoy your channels!

noname
1st January, 2009, 09:03 PM
cheers mate... where about do i enter the ntl or tw key? do i do this everytime i add new firmware (factory reset).

RustyMG
1st January, 2009, 09:39 PM
Read the "GUIDE: Eurovox Scanning Settings" sticky - all will be revealed - thats why its called scanning guide!

Once done, you never need to enter that key again unless you move house and its a different feed - should be pretty straight forward - the worst part is the 40 or so minute wait whilst it finds the transponders and channels to be honest.