PDA

View Full Version : Opel Vectra B ECU change.

meteor80
31st October, 2011, 08:59 PM
Hello.
I need to change ECU in opel Vectra B X16XEL.
Original ECU number is CPCY 09364599 and I have security code for this unit.
In my store I have ECU from Opel Astra 1.4 ECU number is 09355909, but I don't have security code for this unit. ( Maybe I will have dashboard from the same car so I will know the security code)
I would like to is there possibility to use ECU from astra 1.4 in Vectra 1.6 or do I need to find ECU with the same numbers and if answer is "YES" what is the procedure.
Best regards.

DiagService
31st October, 2011, 09:49 PM
Have you Tech2 ???
You have not secuity code in dash from Vectra-B, code is in immo box, when you have new ECU you must this reset go to Immobiliser and you have reset ECU when you reset, you can this ECU program in new car, in Immobiliser out put function Immo ...........

meteor80
31st October, 2011, 09:53 PM
Hello.
I don't have Tech2, only OP-COM.
I have security code from old ECU.
I have used ECU from ASTRA G ad I will have dashboard from that car so it will be able to read security code.
I want to know is ecu from engine 1.4 will be ok to 1.6. And how to swap them if I will have security codes from both of them.

smokey08
31st October, 2011, 10:02 PM
Astra G dashboard does not have pin inside, only VIN.

nutloose
31st October, 2011, 10:06 PM
you would need to use TECH2 to program any replacement ecu with different firmware unless you get an ecu off a vehicle with the same engine etc

meteor80
31st October, 2011, 10:11 PM
Ok.
So i will get that from immo box of Astra.
Now I have another question.
I can get from that astra keys and immo, will it work in vectra B?

meteor80
31st October, 2011, 10:16 PM
OK.
I understand that I need to find car with the same engine type and the best will be to buy immo ECU and keys.

smokey08
31st October, 2011, 10:18 PM
If you read the tms370 in the astra it will have the same pin code as the ecu in it.

You will have to put the VIN of the astra in the dash of the vectra in you want to use the astra immobox, ecu and keys. Opcom should be able to do this via obd.

What is wrong with the original ecu? Could you not fix it?

meteor80
31st October, 2011, 10:25 PM
But it still is ECU from 1.4 engine.
Will that works with 1.6?

Problem of old ECU is that there is no ignition on one plug.
I didn't find possibility or info how to repair that.

smokey08
31st October, 2011, 10:44 PM
I dont know if the 1.4 ecu will work. I think the maps in them will be different.

If its a delco ecu have a look for 4 white squares under the gel and check the aluminium wires are connected. They dont solder very well so I normally use conductive glue on things like this.

meteor80
31st October, 2011, 10:59 PM
I have checked that and wires seems to be fine, but tommorow i will check again.
Thanks for all.
I will report if I repair this car.
But I'm still open for suggestion.

meteor80
1st November, 2011, 09:40 AM
I think that i will try to read flash from 1.6 and flash with this ECU from 1.4 then program this ecu in vectra