PDA

View Full Version : new euro vox max v wont accept software

hungamo
31st December, 2008, 06:09 PM
Hi Guys,bought a new box,the max v and have tried to install new software but as soon as it goes through the initial set up it gets to about 30 seconds and i get an err message.
Also i can scan the box no probs but as soon as i go to watch a scrambled channel it asks me to insert smart card!!
Any ideas

RustyMG
31st December, 2008, 07:59 PM
Smart card message appears when ther box cant figure out whats going on, ie firmware cant decode the channel - the fact the firmware upgrade starts THEN errors out is puzzling - bad cable connection or pc comm port throwing a wobbly?

mm009b
31st December, 2008, 09:36 PM
try re flash mate are you sure you got correct firmware mate

hungamo
2nd January, 2009, 09:15 PM
Im using the right firmware but it will not finish the download of the software. The people who supplied the box are not being very helpful and i fear its a clone of the Max v. Are there any updates for a Max v clone

hungamo
2nd January, 2009, 09:18 PM
A search of another forum has quite a few people who have purchased the same Max v from the same supplier in Liverpool who are all getting this "err" message.

thered
2nd January, 2009, 09:29 PM
Im using the right firmware but it will not finish the download of the software. The people who supplied the box are not being very helpful and i fear its a clone of the Max v. Are there any updates for a Max v clone

only ones i can see for clones is on here for the blue

gadgetfiend
2nd January, 2009, 11:39 PM
i had a clone today from a m8 and had problems trying to flash the f/w so after some messing around i flashed my cdf first then the f/w and hey presto it worked. Dont know if it was just coincidence but give it a try....

hungamo
5th January, 2009, 07:25 PM
Hi Mate,
When you say you flashed your "CDF" Wwhat is that exactly & what do i need to do? Suppose its worth a try.

Thanks in Advance!

gadgetfiend
6th January, 2009, 06:13 AM
A CDF is a channel definition file and for this test purpose it doesnt even have to be from your area as its only to see if the firmware will flash afterwards. I cant find any CDFs on here so if you struggle PM me email addy and i'll send you 1.