PDA

View Full Version : Factory Reset ?

The Mentalist
1st November, 2011, 07:42 PM
Hi, Having swapped the tuner in my TGM 220 from cable to Sat. Do i have to Factory Reset ? or is there anything else i have to do to get it to work ?

plasterer
1st November, 2011, 08:29 PM
Do no Harm to Factory reset mate
But sure mine scanned straight off ,I thinks ............Paul

The Mentalist
1st November, 2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks, that possibly rules that thought out. Not finding transponders when trying to scan, but at this stage i think it may be more of a dish alignment problem.

andiewill
1st November, 2011, 10:33 PM
You need to factory reset the box for it to detect the new tuner, then set you tuner configurations ie: long and lat settings and load a ready made set of bouquets like sgt flipflops and that should be it.

The Mentalist
1st November, 2011, 11:27 PM
When i go to settings there already seems to be a whole bunch of Satelitte names and directions and i can enter long & lat for the Dish Motor. Is this different to what you mean or has it maybe recognised the tuner ?

andiewill
1st November, 2011, 11:52 PM
I would start over from scratch with a factory reset then put your long / lat for your location, download a set of bouquets, and you should get fta if the dish is set up correct on the right sat.

The Mentalist
4th November, 2011, 11:15 PM
The Factory Reset done the trick. Thanks. Have got a whole lot of FTA needing sorted. Not having downloaded for 2 or 3 years, i'm unsure how to and what bouquet to use, can you advise me of the easiest way to do this.

andiewill
4th November, 2011, 11:31 PM
Use dreamboxedit computer programe which the guide is here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/dreamboxedit-guide-167275/) once you load your selected bouquets into dreamboxedit, connect the computer to your box then transfer your sorted bouquets to the box..... Job done channles all sorted.

Try Sgtflipflops bouquets (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/sgtflipflop-skyuk-bouquets-updated-regularly-163750/index66.html) they are sorted nicely.

You will need Enigma 1 bouquets which is the bouquets that is compatible with the ITgate.

The Mentalist
15th November, 2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks again, eventually got them working nicely. Now for the next level... I have ukur 7.9 and i am reading that this image won't work and yet when i press the blue button a few times ican get into the UR Panel where the Mgc and Ccc and Evo and Gbox are. Is this where i need to be or do i still need to install the V8 image ?

plasterer
15th November, 2011, 02:19 PM
You need to add the new URL to the image {find it below }
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f138/new-cpanel-itgate-receivers-212841/

Next time you acsess the panel the downloads will be available
most images can be found in the stickys
But uk images wont have downloads acsess untill the new URL is added
Good luck shout if your stuck ....................Paul

The Mentalist
16th November, 2011, 04:39 PM
Having problems with FTP of the Cpanel. FTP is working fine with Bouquets but i can't get it to send the xml file. Yet, according to the FTP log it is sending sat.xml and cable.xml and terrestial.xml Maybe i am not using FTP correctly, can someone advise?

mept1
16th November, 2011, 06:42 PM
new cpanel.. goes into var/etc remembering to set the chmod to 755

good luck

The Mentalist
18th November, 2011, 09:23 PM
Hi, Got Deeboi CPanel in, from this CPanel i have Downloaded Cams 2.1.4 and Vhannibal Channel List, Changed default softCAM to CCcam 2.1.4. Trouble is when i change channel i have all the channel info and no picture. Am i doing something wrong or have i not done something else or does Vhannibal not like ukur 7.9 ?

plasterer
19th November, 2011, 01:26 AM
Not to sure mate
but following your thread i see no mention of a Cline
Are you up to speed on this topic .......Paul

The Mentalist
19th November, 2011, 10:48 AM
Short answer is no. Have been looking into it but it is a bit of a minefield. What is your advice ?

plasterer
19th November, 2011, 01:51 PM
Without it mate all you will get is free Chans
Google card share ,theres loads out there
Best if you can find a reliable one by word of mouth
So your half way there get your C line
And you have cracked it ,Good Luck .................Paul

andiewill
19th November, 2011, 03:15 PM
Having problems with FTP of the Cpanel. FTP is working fine with Bouquets but i can't get it to send the xml file. Yet, according to the FTP log it is sending sat.xml and cable.xml and terrestial.xml Maybe i am not using FTP correctly, can someone advise?

Do you get Free to air channles showing or is it just the subscription channles not showing ?

The Mentalist
20th November, 2011, 03:02 PM
Once i got Vhannibal on i lost everything. Which means Sgt Flipflops worked for FTA with ukur 7.9 but not Vhannibal, so i decided to go with V8 Ireland and introduce a test cline. All is now good. I would suggest that anybody going down this route after converting from Cable to Sat should start off with V8. I would like to thank everyone for their advice without which i would never have managed.