PDA

View Full Version : Discovery 2 BCM reading.

roth18
2nd November, 2011, 03:28 PM
Hi m8s,

did anyone do Discovery 2 BCM? I just tried to do one with TU and f.ed the proc on it.
:beheaded:
I have to admit that I forgot to lift the pins. Getting another one now and do not want to mess it up. Tools available, TU, XprogM, UPA, ETL.

Thanks.

T72
2nd November, 2011, 06:49 PM
Hi m8s,

did anyone do Discovery 2 BCM? I just tried to do one with TU and f.ed the proc on it.
:beheaded:
I have to admit that I forgot to lift the pins. Getting another one now and do not want to mess it up. Tools available, TU, XprogM, UPA, ETL.

Thanks.
there are two mask.
upa works ok!

roth18
3rd November, 2011, 01:47 AM
U guys know if I got to change Xtal/Lift Pins?

smartymarti
3rd November, 2011, 07:09 AM
Lift pin on one of the masks easy job

roth18
3rd November, 2011, 09:11 PM
Lift pin on one of the masks easy job

Which pin?

TULGEYWOODMAN
3rd November, 2011, 09:50 PM
which mask set?

roth18
3rd November, 2011, 10:10 PM
which mask set?

One BCM was 0H30R but the other one I got is 0G10V.

TULGEYWOODMAN
3rd November, 2011, 10:27 PM
0H30R is later one, not sure if they are interchangable.

I think diga will only read 0G10V

roth18
3rd November, 2011, 10:43 PM

I think U right, in TU manual there is a pic of 0G10V. So 0H30R cannot be done with TU (?). I got the 0G10V now, do I have to lift all the pins?
Also there is another problem the car is equipped with IMMO (not the alarm type, coil around ignition) so I got to deal with this too.

I used UPA, lift pin 68 and change the crystal to 8Mhz one (per UPA instructions). I could not red it. Tried with the board non powered and powered.

Does ANYONE know how to REALLY read this???

T72
4th November, 2011, 02:07 PM

there is no tool to make 0H30R automatic.... read/program with upa, corect manual :D

roth18
4th November, 2011, 02:39 PM
there is no tool to make 0H30R automatic.... read/program with upa, corect manual :D

Thank U for your "contribution". Yes I understand to read it with UPA as I was told b4, (I also know U read a book with your eyes, not ears).

If U read my post (just above) U will see that I tried it and I also gave the procedure used.

So, please stop telling me to read with this or with that just because the device is listed in the manual.

Also, stop telling me how easy it is, I understood U know but ain't going to tell.

Solved, thanks for the "help".

iamfooser
6th June, 2014, 02:08 PM
Thank U for your "contribution". Yes I understand to read it with UPA as I was told b4, (I also know U read a book with your eyes, not ears).

If U read my post (just above) U will see that I tried it and I also gave the procedure used.

So, please stop telling me to read with this or with that just because the device is listed in the manual.

Also, stop telling me how easy it is, I understood U know but ain't going to tell.

Solved, thanks for the "help".

Mind sharing how you read with upa? I have one mask 0H30R. Thank you.

Sent from my HTC Desire 600 dual sim using Tapatalk

nckryder
7th June, 2014, 09:09 AM
If you guy's search the forum this topic is well covered and problem sorted on both masks kindly posted by Arthur. I've done both using his great info