PDA

View Full Version : time for an upgrade

ireland-batt
31st December, 2008, 08:27 PM
am going to pass my tm 5400ci on to a family member time for an upgrade any ideas recommendations please want to open as much as poss mostly movies and kids tv eg box cams cards will keep my motorised dish tho id love a larger 1

2tone
31st December, 2008, 09:32 PM
looks like your going to have to go for a linxu receiver m8 and get your self on to a share to tell you the truth its up to you how much you want to spend and if you want a clone or real box i would say dreambox is the way to go

.: JaCkPoT :.
1st January, 2009, 02:39 AM
Well the only upgrades outthere are linux receivers and 6000... You had the best sd technomate and you could have bought a cam for it..

benny/9
1st January, 2009, 11:49 AM
am going to pass my tm 5400ci on to a family member time for an upgrade any ideas recommendations please want to open as much as poss mostly movies and kids tv eg box cams cards will keep my motorised dish tho id love a larger 1
unless you know how to get the best from a dreambox or another linux receiver and your good with a computer. or your now going to do a lot of searching and reading on how to set one up plus getting a sub card to share. so if this is'nt the way you want go then i would hang fire to see what happens next with all the encryption changes,and see what if anything we will see opening or what we still have to watch. apart from digi-tv the technomate patch wont open much more and even with the diablo cam that opens everything the patch opens, plus chns on 16e.9e.1w.8w but who knows if the diablo cam will keep getting updates, if you have a HD ready tv
then any new receiver you go for i would say get a HD model