PDA

View Full Version : Honda civic type r 2002 fault

kop
3rd November, 2011, 07:58 PM
I have a 2002 civic type r in at the moment. When you turn the ignition on the immobiliser light is flashing away. There are no fault codes stored on the car. No spark at all. I have tried to program the key back in using an MVP and auto boss v30 and the procedure goes all the way to the end and the light stops flashing. But when I turn the ignition off and on its the same again. I've checked all fuses and the garage that sent the car have said they have changed the crank sensor already. Any ideas guys.

ray-ray
3rd November, 2011, 11:39 PM
Read the key megamos13 is a glass chip,then check the ariel around the ignition. One of the 2 is not transmitting the signal.

immo_key
4th November, 2011, 01:49 AM
The car is old
Many found the problem in the ignition switch

BR

mojomojo
4th November, 2011, 05:36 AM
I have this same problem with same exact car. I tried a used immo ring as well as computer. New key as well was programmed. I used the option to progam the immo ring.

kop
4th November, 2011, 07:50 PM
I have read the key in my zed up and it's a type 48 chip. I have used my transponder coil tester and it shows that this is working. Have you got the car sorted mojomojo? If yes then can you explain how please.

kop
7th November, 2011, 11:15 AM
Anything???

z786
7th November, 2011, 10:34 PM
sometimes iv come across where the remote fob needs to be programmed in aswell mate

ray-ray
7th November, 2011, 11:17 PM
Open the Ecu and check the solder on the pcb board that is connected tO the main board.

Solid2383
8th November, 2011, 01:35 AM
I thought the tyre r has remote immobiliser? You disarm imobiliser by unlocking with remote.

rapidlocksmiths
8th November, 2011, 12:27 PM
this has been a common problem over the years , alot of the time it has been a problem in the ignition switch .

other issues have been the ring , often 2nd hand ones wont work , and a new original ring coded in with a dealer tool has cured the problem.

if the ignition or the ring has been changed it will need synching with a dealer tool.

also check the id48 chip is correct type and not faulty .

kop
9th November, 2011, 08:52 PM
I have checked in the ecu and all soldered joints seem fine. The immobiliser is a chip in the key and not from the fob.

cjawahir
10th November, 2011, 03:30 PM
hello , did you try a id 13 transponder key ?

This year vehicle should be id 13 .

cj