PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Range Rover Sport

bkenigma
4th November, 2011, 06:36 AM
Hey whats up everyone. Have a few quick questions, where is KM stored in this car. In my enigma menu I see only dash KM and service KM 35080 for both. Am i setting the service KM to the same as the dash KM? My last question is for cars i havent worked on before i use ALLDATA to basically get myself a guide to remove the instrument cluster. The weird thing is I know people who have there car done while ive waited when I was at my other home inflorida in under an hour. Now according to all data I need to remove the steering wheel along with ten other things to just get the dash out. Can someone please help me out here with how to remove this dash the quick and efficient way.

Thanks
bkenigma

smartymarti
4th November, 2011, 08:08 AM
Sport strip out is no longer than 5 minutes

Remove both panels either side of steering colum they pull off, underneath the shell there's a panel that pulls off you'll see two t20 remove them , pull the black surround under the clocks out revealing two t25 , I use a fork to put into top of cluster to edge out best tool ya can buy , then change km and service same distance

r6eck
4th November, 2011, 09:10 AM
Mileage and service is in the same 35080 which is behind the rear cover of dash,no needles off .
You will require a new 35080 or an eraser

bkenigma
4th November, 2011, 01:44 PM
Mileage and service is in the same 35080 which is behind the rear cover of dash,no needles off .
You will require a new 35080 or an eraser

Yea will use super eraser via enigmatool

bkenigma

bkenigma
4th November, 2011, 01:47 PM
Sport strip out is no longer than 5 minutes

Remove both panels either side of steering colum they pull off, underneath the shell there's a panel that pulls off you'll see two t20 remove them , pull the black surround under the clocks out revealing two t25 , I use a fork to put into top of cluster to edge out best tool ya can buy , then change km and service same distance

Marti,
As always thanks again. I would post up the PDF from ALLDATA but I think you all would puke, lol. Very glad this is an easy one with just dash and service. Hey Marti, Have you done this with the enigma before as it will be my first time doing it via enigma. I notice that they just have the super-eraser option for km and service so it looks rather easy.

bkenigma

4th November, 2011, 08:10 PM

digimile
4th November, 2011, 09:24 PM
hi
if buy super eraser from enigma is this tool can connect to pc also or need to have enigma machine.
thankx

bkenigma
4th November, 2011, 09:29 PM
hi
if buy super eraser from enigma is this tool can connect to pc also or need to have enigma machine.
thankx

It connects to the enigma, and then another cable connects to the super eraser for in circuit programming.

bkenigma

smartymarti
4th November, 2011, 10:47 PM
with the super eraser read in circuit it works 1st time no issues but change voltage up to 5v , only issues i have is opel astra remove from the board and corsa aswell although when its done it says 4 errors but it orks fine when back in dash and powered up

makz
5th November, 2011, 12:27 AM
all terrain control unit also hold miles info ;)

bkenigma
6th November, 2011, 01:55 AM

Really this is a new one for me, do you know where this mileage is stored or ALGO for correction?

bkenigma

TULGEYWOODMAN
6th November, 2011, 12:26 PM
Really this is a new one for me, do you know where this mileage is stored or ALGO for correction?

bkenigma
Not to mention the daddy of `em all.................the ECU!

yes, it is in the ecu.

smartymarti
6th November, 2011, 01:53 PM
5 minute strip out with 50 fairys

z786
6th November, 2011, 03:25 PM
can one of you guys PLEASE tell me what you use for the ecu on these

smartymarti
6th November, 2011, 07:37 PM
a big box of nout ,
never done one
never needed to do one
never had one come back on me neither

bkenigma
6th November, 2011, 08:46 PM
Same as SmartiMarti, just have done dash and service on these and never have had anything come back. Not sure how stringent they check cars over the pond but in the US the return procedure involves a salesman coming out to the car, turning the key, writing the mileage and having you sign a paper stating what its being returned with. Thats pretty much the end of the story, I've never had a car come back or received a call on any of my cars ive done or clients cars.

bkenigma

z786
6th November, 2011, 10:50 PM
i have a guy here that clears my ecu's for me but sometimes he is a grumpy shit and charges me double

thats why i wanted to know

Speedosoft
7th November, 2011, 07:24 AM
I couldn't not find any KM in the ECU but actually in the CJB (central junction box) also known as body control module. It's located behind the glove compartment. Not really easy to remove and refit it back. The All-terrain module keeps track of it on all Landrover vehicles built by Ford/Jaguar (2006-up cars). It will roll up independently of the instrument cluster. The eeprom in it is either a 93C66 or 93C76.

TULGEYWOODMAN
7th November, 2011, 10:31 PM
a big box of nout ,
never done one
never needed to do one
never had one come back on me neither

BUT......that doesnt mean its not in there!

I dont do the ecu miles unless the punter pays me the ?250 extra I ask.

TULGEYWOODMAN
7th November, 2011, 10:33 PM
I couldn't not find any KM in the ECU but actually in the CJB (central junction box) also known as body control module. It's located behind the glove compartment. Not really easy to remove and refit it back. The All-terrain module keeps track of it on all Landrover vehicles built by Ford/Jaguar (2006-up cars). It will roll up independently of the instrument cluster. The eeprom in it is either a 93C66 or 93C76.

The kms are in the ecu on RR sport with 35080 in cluster.

z786
7th November, 2011, 10:43 PM
all the landrovers have it in ecu mate

smartymarti
7th November, 2011, 11:19 PM
But errrrrrric how many times have you done secondary mileage on these ????

Ps answer ya phone

TULGEYWOODMAN
7th November, 2011, 11:35 PM
But errrrrrric how many times have you done secondary mileage on these ????

Ps answer ya phone

twice!,cos nobody will pay the extra ???????????????

I was just pointing out that its in there!

(same as tyre pressure sensor in Mercs [which I do] ,theres always kms lurking in every car!)

TULGEYWOODMAN
7th November, 2011, 11:38 PM

you can use upa

TULGEYWOODMAN
7th November, 2011, 11:38 PM
all the landrovers have it in ecu mate

best tell that to speedosoft

z786
7th November, 2011, 11:54 PM
let me rephrase

wat tool to do mileage in ecu via OBD

better?

TULGEYWOODMAN
8th November, 2011, 12:16 AM
let me rephrase

wat tool to do mileage in ecu via OBD

better?

none.........................so get yer spanners out

TULGEYWOODMAN
8th November, 2011, 12:21 AM
Marti,
As always thanks again. I would post up the PDF from ALLDATA but I think you all would puke, lol. Very glad this is an easy one with just dash and service. Hey Marti, Have you done this with the enigma before as it will be my first time doing it via enigma. I notice that they just have the super-eraser option for km and service so it looks rather easy.

bkenigma

You wont need the super eraser option for the service, only the mileage address.

z786
8th November, 2011, 12:45 AM
none.........................so get yer spanners out

wrong......... its a diagnostic software for landrovers that clears out ecu and re initialises it

the lad who does it for me does so via obd

Speedosoft
8th November, 2011, 12:17 PM
Are you we talking about diesel or petrol engines? I don't know for the diesels as there's none here in the US. I'm talking about gas (petrol versions) But you all claim it's in the ECU; ok fine. Then please be kind and post a screenshot of the ECU (Engine computer we all agree, right?). I looked for it with the IDS and cannot see s**t in there. The question is: have you guys seen it when scanning the car or just heard from a guy who heard from another dude and so forth?
I don't ask anything else but to believe you but please post a screenshot of the Engine Computer Unit's mileage read with an oem or any aftermarket tool for landrovers!

Thanks in advance.

Speedosoft
8th November, 2011, 12:27 PM
The kms are in the ecu on RR sport with 35080 in cluster.

I guess you know your way around when it comes to Landrovers. ECU can be Electronic control unit and refer pretty much to any computer in the car. Most of the time it's referred to the Engine computer. Again, when you say ECU, are you talking about the Body Control Mondule or the Engine Computer? If you're so good when it comes to Range Rovers, tell me, how come you didn't see the KM and Time in the All Terrain module?
All I want is to make sure you have checked the mileage in the ECU yourself and it's not an unverified or unconfirmed info that you heard from someone else.

v-diag
21st November, 2011, 05:26 AM
had a customer bring a 2011 range rover sport, he wanted the full job done as he has been caught by the dealer on the last one, the miles where on the all terrain control unit.

the dealer printed them out for him and invalidated his warrenty not good for a 2011 model.

question where is the all terrain module?

also can it not be changed with the vcm?

thanks

Speedosoft
21st November, 2011, 06:43 AM
had a customer bring a 2011 range rover sport, he wanted the full job done as he has been caught by the dealer on the last one, the miles where on the all terrain control unit.

the dealer printed them out for him and invalidated his warrenty not good for a 2011 model.

question where is the all terrain module?

thanks

The all terrain module is actually the all-terrain knob (and its assembly underneath) that you turn to adjust the suspension.
There's a central junction box called BCM (body control module/ fuse box) as well. It's behind the glove box. It has a 9S12XEP micro. I coudn't find and KM value in it on the the car I tested. There's a way to clear those all-terrain values with the VCM but it does not always work. And when it works it resets the KM and Time value to 00's The best way is to do it manually.

Ramzai
21st November, 2011, 07:01 AM

It is possible to correct mileage through dump from TPM(suspension module, 93C76 or 93C86). As mileage is in CJB (body, MC9S12DG256)

Speedosoft
21st November, 2011, 07:12 AM
Yeap that's what I meant when I said manually (dump file mod.). If it's MY2009 it definitely has 9S12DG256 but if it's the new body type we're talking about it has a 9S12XEP in the bcm but like I said I couldn't read any KM info in it with the VCM.

Ramzai
21st November, 2011, 07:16 AM
If it's MY2009 ... a 9S12XEP.
Ok. With such processor yet didn't come across. Thanks.

AvechuchoAxel
12th August, 2013, 09:20 PM

any clue how to work this module???

makz
13th August, 2013, 01:52 PM
See post #34

TULGEYWOODMAN
14th August, 2013, 08:04 PM

Never found a punter who is willing to pay me 250 extra!

DoctorDash
15th August, 2013, 04:56 AM
Theres 3 versions for the ATM, 93c75 for v1/v2 and newer ones v3 is using 93c86. I have the calcs just like ramzai for all 3 variations

Dr Dee

88diablo
15th August, 2013, 08:19 AM
Does anyone know if the ATM counts separately from dash? So if dash were lowered first by say 20k and then run back up to where it was would dash and ATM then match or would ATM be 20k more than dash still?

TULGEYWOODMAN
15th August, 2013, 01:36 PM
Does anyone know if the ATM counts separately from dash? So if dash were lowered first by say 20k and then run back up to where it was would dash and ATM then match or would ATM be 20k more than dash still?

Ive got 2 brand new modules here from Evoque
one is a long metal box, the other a small black plastic box....Does anyone know what they are?

smartymarti
15th August, 2013, 06:59 PM
One has treasure inside the other is empty , deal or no deal

JustMeAgain
18th August, 2013, 10:21 AM
Are you we talking about diesel or petrol engines? I don't know for the diesels as there's none here in the US. I'm talking about gas (petrol versions) But you all claim it's in the ECU; ok fine. Then please be kind and post a screenshot of the ECU (Engine computer we all agree, right?). I looked for it with the IDS and cannot see s**t in there. The question is: have you guys seen it when scanning the car or just heard from a guy who heard from another dude and so forth?
I don't ask anything else but to believe you but please post a screenshot of the Engine Computer Unit's mileage read with an oem or any aftermarket tool for landrovers!

Thanks in advance.

IDS can't see it as you need to hit the gold key. Once you do this and have cracked the seed key for the vehicle VIN then you will have access to to it.

DoctorDash
18th August, 2013, 03:43 PM
Can you explain how we crack the seed key for the vehicle vin? Do you have a calc that you can post for us

DrDee

JustMeAgain
18th August, 2013, 05:44 PM
Can you explain how we crack the seed key for the vehicle vin? Do you have a calc that you can post for us

DrDee

Never seen one yet. If you find one post it here and everyone will love you.

88diablo
18th August, 2013, 05:57 PM
Not sure if its the same but I've got a JLR Mongoose lead from China and it shows old faults with dates and mileages on RR Sports after just the dash has been corrected. Dare not try it in a Disco 3 as I read somewhere that connecting dealer software can update clock again. Not sure if its right but didn't want the grief finding out as customer knew the score anyway with possible comebacks.

DoctorDash
18th August, 2013, 06:48 PM
I agree it sounds like the golden goose lol

DrDee

gameiruz
15th December, 2014, 11:04 PM
Can anyone give me a hint, the kms are store in atm module or also in suspension module on newer 2011 RR Sport suspension module AH42-14D392-AB ?The suspension module as 95160, does it store kms and hours?

Thanks