PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Duet transponder immo code mismatch

devilsadvocate
4th November, 2011, 04:25 PM
hi, i had a Toyota duet in my garage today. It had a faulty o2 sensor. My colleague disconnected the battery and changed the sensor. The car started fine for a while and then switched off. It wont start again. I put in my launch x431 and it displayed dtc p1601 (transponder immobilizer communication, code mismatched. Communication faulty. I dnt hav any experience in dealing with immo's. Pls guide me what i can do. Is there any way to reset it without using any special equipment? Pls help. Cheers.

workdamnyou
4th November, 2011, 09:56 PM
Bridge pins 4 & 13 in obd connector for 40 minutes with ignition on. Lights on dash should be flashing fast. If not, remove negative on battery and replace. Remove bridge after 40 minutes and car will start.

Ashraf6119
5th November, 2011, 08:47 AM
hi, i had a Toyota duet in my garage today. It had a faulty o2 sensor. My colleague disconnected the battery and changed the sensor. The car started fine for a while and then switched off. It wont start again. I put in my launch x431 and it displayed dtc p1601 (transponder immobilizer communication, code mismatched. Communication faulty. I dnt hav any experience in dealing with immo's. Pls guide me what i can do. Is there any way to reset it without using any special equipment? Pls help. Cheers.

Hi

Why did you have to disconnect the Battery to fit O2 Sensor ?

And was the O2 sensor fitted the rite one for this car ?

Pole Sana ndugu yangu :hmmmm2:

devilsadvocate
5th November, 2011, 10:36 AM
thanx mate. I'll try nd post the results. If i want to learn more about immo where can i start? I hav done a bit of mileage correction for a while with a tacho universal. Is it similar to mileage correction in terms of programming the eeprom?

devilsadvocate
5th November, 2011, 10:49 AM
ahsante sana ndugu. Ashraf is also my dad's name. I was nt at the workshop when the guy was changing the o2 sensor. I dnt trust his statements completely. The o2 sensor he changed was nt even a new 1. He bought second hand. Bt as long as the car starts i can check properly on the sensor. Kenya,matata sana.lol

automatemad
27th July, 2013, 07:07 PM
hi

send ecu dump in 93c56

regards