PDA

View Full Version : tyne and wear dreambox repairs

vasey1981
5th November, 2011, 08:39 PM
as above anyone fix or repair these boxes in tyne and wear thanks marc....................

andy91
5th November, 2011, 08:41 PM
as above anyone fix or repair these boxes in tyne and wear thanks marc....................

Whats wrong with it might just need a reflash with null modem cable and Dreamup.

Andy.

mtv1
5th November, 2011, 08:44 PM
we fix our own here m8 :hmmmm: is that advertising :p

vasey1981
5th November, 2011, 08:49 PM
Whats wrong with it might just need a reflash with null modem cable and Dreamup.

Andy.

to be honest just want someone to come and set one up for me cant be arsed with the chew on with setting it all up cash waiting if anyone can help.....

andy91
5th November, 2011, 08:53 PM
to be honest just want someone to come and set one up for me cant be arsed with the chew on with setting it all up cash waiting if anyone can help.....

No ones gonna do that,all the info is on the forum barring the c/s but thats half the fun.
Whats gonna happen when it goes tits up and you need to sort it.
These boxes are not like plugging in your Vcr lol

Andy,

vasey1981
5th November, 2011, 08:59 PM
No ones gonna do that,all the info is on the forum barring the c/s but thats half the fun.
Whats gonna happen when it goes tits up and you need to sort it.
These boxes are not like plugging in your Vcr lol

Andy,

so when i buy box will i have to run a wire to my sky dish or will my exising sky wires just plug straight into dreambox....

micflair
5th November, 2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah mate, if it goes tits up again are you just going to keep asking everyone else? You gotta get your hands dirty and get stuck in buddy.

You will enjoy it ;)

andy91
5th November, 2011, 09:03 PM
Works the same way you power it up and add your coax but these boxes are Linux software based so can be a pain at times but worth the rewards.

Andy.

vasey1981
5th November, 2011, 09:07 PM
Works the same way you power it up and add your coax but these boxes are Linux software based so can be a pain at times but worth the rewards.

Andy.

thanks had a starview box before when it worked it was great which dreambox would you recomend are some better than others dont want nowt fancy just hopefully somthing to watch the football on

vasey1981
5th November, 2011, 09:07 PM

Andy.

thanks had a starview box before when it worked it was great which dreambox would you recomend are some better than others dont want nowt fancy just hopefully somthing to watch the football on

andy91
5th November, 2011, 09:10 PM
Dreambox 500s bout 50 quid but only sd or Dreambox 800hd bout 120 quid,
Lots of other options like Blade or Openbox but Dreambox theres loads more forum support,

Andy.

vasey1981
5th November, 2011, 09:20 PM
Dreambox 500s bout 50 quid but only sd or Dreambox 800hd bout 120 quid,
Lots of other options like Blade or Openbox but Dreambox theres loads more forum support,

Andy.

nice 1 andy dreambox it is..... my tv and router are not next to each other is there anything i can use so there is not wires running from box to router wireless maybe.

andy91
5th November, 2011, 09:22 PM
nice 1 andy dreambox it is..... my tv and router are not next to each other is there anything i can use so there is not wires running from box to router wireless maybe.

Yes mate wireless bridge or home plugs.
I use the latter they cheap enough and just plug into the mains and are very stable,

Andy,

saj1985
5th November, 2011, 10:32 PM
Yes mate wireless bridge or home plugs.
I use the latter they cheap enough and just plug into the mains and are very stable,

Andy,

home plugs FTW,
really are easy to setup and connect!
was very impressed! :)