PDA

View Full Version : The Best DM800 Image

smith
1st January, 2009, 02:05 PM
There have been a few new images that have hit the streets recently and I am considering whether it is worth updating my box; I was just interested in other peoples experiences with the latest images?

Presently I'm running PLI Jade final from October 08 with bootloader 62; I have the following findings:-

Pros's

Very stable
Excellent picture on SD
Excellent picture and performance on HD
Box runs cool
Instant startup from standby
Supports CCCam well

Con's

Positioner difficult to setup - Expect this is the same for all E2 images?
I don't like channel navigiation compared to 500 - Expect this is the same for all E2 images?
Skin support not great - I like to modify the skin to show things like frequency and CCCam info
Reponse of remote inconsistent - sees a key press twice or not at all sometimes
Cannot scan / slow scan on a satellite with dead/weak transponders
Cannot delete channels or satellites - for some reason I have duplicate channels and satellite
Web interface a bit flakey - But aren't they all??
Occasional lip sync problems

S2008
1st January, 2009, 03:30 PM
I?m also using the same version of PLi, however, do you know how to show the channel provider name in OSD?

smith
1st January, 2009, 10:30 PM
I?m also using the same version of PLi, however, do you know how to show the channel provider name in OSD?

Its part of the skin settings, I've tried a few skins downloaded from the PLI site and haven't found one that suits me. On my 500 I have New Blueline 3.0 skin which allows information to add info in the Extras/Settings > General menu. Can't see all that in the 800??

S2008
2nd January, 2009, 03:24 PM
Its part of the skin settings, I've tried a few skins downloaded from the PLI site and haven't found one that suits me. On my 500 I have New Blueline 3.0 skin which allows information to add info in the Extras/Settings > General menu. Can't see all that in the 800??

I have searched all the settings, no such option to add the provider name.:(

However, regarding Blueline 3.0, there is one comes with this latest PLi image but not "3.0" its "2a", you can find it under downloads from the OSD menu.