PDA

View Full Version : New Genius/Trasdata and other sw

T72
7th November, 2011, 07:55 PM
hello,

question to Dimsport users.
Situation:
its custommer who need EGR remove onlly. Is it posible to read with New Genius/Transdata, edit with Swiftec/Volta/Ecusafe, calculate checksum with New Genius and program car?
I am asking becouse some people talking that New Genius/Trasdata reading files for RACE sw onlly and cant been use with other sw, and not good choice like universal master programmers?
share your thoughts and experience please :giveup:

thanks

Stanton
7th November, 2011, 08:28 PM
If you read your previous threads, Ive said this a couple of times!!

YOU CANT USE NEW GENUIS or TRASDATA WITHOUT RACE SOFTWARE!

No matter if you buy swfitec, you need Race to "open" the file, which means you need there setting file @ usually 80euro, THEN exportas an open file to edit in Swiftec.

Save yourself some heartace and buy some other hardware,.....you WILL regret it at some point if you go with Dimsport. Trust me, ive been there, and know plenty other whos have.

otzi
7th November, 2011, 08:37 PM
Hi
New genius work wiht Genuie win ols
New Genius connector

NewGenius Connector (http://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/newgenius.asp)
Best Regards

otzi
7th November, 2011, 08:50 PM
New Trasdata (BDM/BOOT/JTAG master & slave): the future is now!

New Trasdata can work on following processors so far, soon new ones are going to be developed though:

BDM MOTOROLA MPC5xx
J-TAG NEXUS MPC5xx
J-TAG RENESAS SH705x
BOOTLOADER MITSUBISHI MH72xx/MH8xx
BOOTLOADER INFINEON TRICORE
BOOTLOADER ST10
and more
Dimsport Technology - Leading Electronic Tuning & Engine Performance since 1991 - News (http://web.dimsport.com/dimsport/news.php?id_news=b65e7ff9a67ed88b635a35500d566377&news=8&page=2)

T72
8th November, 2011, 10:11 AM

No matter if you buy swfitec, you need Race to "open" the file, which means you need there setting file @ usually 80euro, THEN exportas an open file to edit in Swiftec.

Save yourself some heartace and buy some other hardware,.....you WILL regret it at some point if you go with Dimsport. Trust me, ive been there, and know plenty other whos have.
its answer from Dimsport:
NO! this was like this up to year 2008. No you can even bur NewGenius and NewTrasdata but use for example Winols or any other software to make tuning. It is no problem.

T72
8th November, 2011, 10:14 AM

I read well, and very thank you for your time, but Dimsport talk that its posible....
dificult....

Stanton
8th November, 2011, 01:05 PM
That's very good, but I sold my full dimsport setup about 6 months ago---2011.Ask them:
"how is the file exported from geniushandset to pc, and is this file fully open or encrypted"

T72
8th November, 2011, 02:12 PM
That's very good, but I sold my full dimsport setup about 6 months ago---2011.Ask them:
"how is the file exported from geniushandset to pc, and is this file fully open or encrypted"
question was:

Is it possible to export clean read file(encoded, without different car info in header, etc) from NewGenius directly to PC without having/using RACE and without seting file?

answer:
Yes... You can. No problem.

its oficial reseller answer!

Stanton
8th November, 2011, 02:45 PM
Official reseller answer, or answer from Dimsport themselves?

T72
8th November, 2011, 05:21 PM
Official reseller answer, or answer from Dimsport themselves?
from Dimsport, sales Manager

Stanton
8th November, 2011, 05:56 PM
So what was there answer to HOW you do it without Race. Ask for a step-by-step procedure....

risalelettronic
8th November, 2011, 07:16 PM
you can red the ecus and after take the file from the inside card of new genius

T72
8th November, 2011, 07:28 PM
in normal, not crypted/personelised format?

otzi
8th November, 2011, 07:35 PM
Hi
I said that it goes with ols ( not crak)
if you buy genius master then get race basic for the file transfer
B.R

Stanton
8th November, 2011, 07:54 PM
You can remove the SD card from the handset and put in SD slot on laptop...but then you need to remove header from the bin. So each time you have to compare to ori of same soft then edit in hex, then save, then import into Swiftec....ball ache!!

Seriously, go for something else.

And no matter who you are dealing with there, be careful they DO say one thing then later you find it's not true.

masterb
8th November, 2011, 08:47 PM
Is there someone who can claim NewGenius is a good flasher.
Or it's about the support of Dimsport itself?

I did not know that you still needed for the NewGenius the RACE-Software (ok its free), even though the people of dimpsort say, race is no longer needed.

Who makes the Genius the checksum for EDC17 (OBD or boot mode?).

looks more bullshit the dimport tools :(

T72
10th November, 2011, 09:22 AM
have got no answer to these questions :(

will buy kess2

Techhead
10th November, 2011, 08:59 PM
Following a reading of the car or ecu, you simply plug the genius master into the race software, extract the sw number, download the basic setting file from dimsport 2-5 credits (normally 2) or half that if you buy 3000 credits for 1800euro, then extract your read file from the genius into the basic setting file, then export to a folder ready for Swiftec or any other editing tool. Once edited you can import the mod back into the basic setting file and race will give you the option to calculate the checksum then export to genius ready for programming car or ecu. Not too much hastle or bad price that Inc checksum calc, once you get used to it. I never seem to need the support team, with dimsports hardware the processes are very easy for reading/writing.

masterb
10th November, 2011, 09:15 PM
so i need for eg car a basic setting file from dimsport!
thats really bad and not profesionel .... all other tools need no extra software (cmd, kess, galettoo ...) they all read 1:1 files ..

think dimsport is not really recomment to buy ...

cartronics
24th January, 2012, 05:35 PM
dimsport very good technical center and good hardware,
you can use other software to mod file,but genius can not calculate chk sum only race calcul it.

filecloud
25th January, 2012, 07:55 AM

Hello
Could you please be so kind an send me such an original you read from the SD card? File including header and binary. Any original will do. Thank you very much.
greetings,
filecloud

Chaser
27th January, 2012, 01:45 PM
They also have a separate utility now called DSmanager that doesn't require race. I have it (as well as alot of other gear) but I'm not sure if its available to everyone just yet. I don't need any other tool at this stage it works well. If I need something else at any stage I'll just buy it.
I still like to open things up and check them anyway so its no big deal, granted what you might see is a bit limited compared to say ols but you can get a rough idea

bazare
27th January, 2012, 02:30 PM
one advantage is that you can flash back files without Dimsport header. So it's not really a big deal ... removing header from the file takes 2-3 minutes and you don't have to put it back on. An interesting option would be to save file x 2 (with and without header) AUTOMATICALY on the SD.

filecloud
27th January, 2012, 02:36 PM
one advantage is that you can flash back files without Dimsport header. So it's not really a big deal ... removing header from the file takes 2-3 minutes and you don't have to put it back on. An interesting option would be to save file x 2 (with and without header) AUTOMATICALY on the SD.

Hello
Anyone willing to share a such a complete file with header please? I need it for personal reasons only. I use KessV2 master. Please contact me via PM.
Thanks,
filecloud

cartronics
27th January, 2012, 08:48 PM
got trasdata full protocol ( without metal position fame ) to sell

TheEngineer430
26th April, 2012, 08:26 PM
Is that the NEW trasdata hardware?