PDA

View Full Version : Renault+Nissan key prog 2 in 1

tapiru
8th November, 2011, 11:52 AM
Hello guys !!
Did someone used this tool ?
I intend to buy one clone from china but to be honest I'm not sure about quality.What is need to ask and find to be sure is a good quality one?Other problem is I have no experience with this kind of tool and wish to know if someone can help me with a user manual and advices for this device in case it worth to buy it.
Any help will be appreciated.Thanks in advance !!!!!!

drakov
8th November, 2011, 12:02 PM
Tried, tested and failed, stick with original, with clone I ended up with no keys programmed to car, no support from chinese, worse investment ever...buy genuine.

tapiru
8th November, 2011, 01:01 PM
I know that I will have no suport from seller is a normal thing but I tought at least the tool is useful but if you say not I will consider your advice.Can you tell me on pm. where from I can procure the genuine one ?I'm curious how much cost a genuine cause the clone I think is little expensive for a clone

Meat-Head
8th November, 2011, 10:37 PM
*THINK* maverick technology - type in 'true code' on google

robert54
9th November, 2011, 01:32 AM
China clone is shit!!!!!!!
I have True Code ori-Very good tool.

stevan
4th January, 2012, 08:53 AM
Tried, tested and failed, stick with original, with clone I ended up with no keys programmed to car, no support from chinese, worse investment ever...buy genuine.

Does it read pin code at least?

MotorMolestor
4th January, 2012, 09:44 AM
*THINK* maverick technology - type in 'true code' on google

Better use the Keyprogrammers site. Mavericks afters sales is appauling to say the least, I speak from past experience.If you buy from them Keyprogrammers will just tell you to go to them for any support. Hickleys are also now selling TrueCode and they offer good support. ?750 for a programmer still stuck in mostly PH2 vehicles seems steep and they offer just Clio Ph3 and Micra/Note. Its worth paying the extra and looking at Abrites Renault Commander and getting far more for your money as you will be stuck with truecode. Its no good for an "all keys lost situation".

I have read of many issues with TrueCode in other forums so never purchased it myself. I have been looking at RWProg. A far more versatile option though still no generaton of key from dump. RWProg also covers many more vehicles at is apparantly $595.

Keyprogrammers: True Code system (http://www.keyprogrammers.com/renault-true-code.html)

Hickleys: Hickleys :: Welcome to Hickleys - HomePage (http://www.hickleys.com/)

drakov
4th January, 2012, 10:22 AM
The only issues with TrueCode is the clones, genuine version works great, and just for the record TrueCode works fine in lost keys situations. Sounds to me like those reporting errors don't use the genuine unit...

paul_12345
4th January, 2012, 01:13 PM
Better use the Keyprogrammers site. Mavericks afters sales is appauling to say the least, I speak from past experience.If you buy from them Keyprogrammers will just tell you to go to them for any support. Hickleys are also now selling TrueCode and they offer good support. ?750 for a programmer still stuck in mostly PH2 vehicles seems steep and they offer just Clio Ph3 and Micra/Note. Its worth paying the extra and looking at Abrites Renault Commander and getting far more for your money as you will be stuck with truecode. Its no good for an "all keys lost situation".

I have read of many issues with TrueCode in other forums so never purchased it myself. I have been looking at RWProg. A far more versatile option though still no generaton of key from dump. RWProg also covers many more vehicles at is apparantly $595.

Keyprogrammers: True Code system (http://www.keyprogrammers.com/renault-true-code.html)

Hickleys: Hickleys :: Welcome to Hickleys - HomePage (http://www.hickleys.com/)

RWProg can't be compared with a renault obd key programmer.

As for truecode seems pretty decent for the money compared with abritus its a 1/3rd cheaper than the key programming module alone on abritus, thats if you own the interface.

Also I notice a few "Upgrade RR002 / 5 to 6" options so its not like you've guaranteed any updates free to make it more value over truecode.

Also basket and eggs come to mind with the whole abritus system.

Meat-Head
4th January, 2012, 08:08 PM

Rumor going around says Arbrites only works 70% of the time on Reno

obdmaster
4th January, 2012, 08:49 PM
Rumor going around says Arbrites only works 70% of the time on Reno

RUMOUR IS BULLSHIT, ABRITES NEVER LET ME DOWN ON RENAULT. MY ABRITES DONE MEGANES THAT AD100PRO COULDN,T

MotorMolestor
4th January, 2012, 09:06 PM
RWProg can't be compared with a renault obd key programmer.

As for truecode seems pretty decent for the money compared with abritus its a 1/3rd cheaper than the key programming module alone on abritus, thats if you own the interface.

Also I notice a few "Upgrade RR002 / 5 to 6" options so its not like you've guaranteed any updates free to make it more value over truecode.

Ive been reading in Ilexa and other forums that the Renault addons for Abritus are working without fault. obdmaster has just confirmed this.

For a no keys present situation Abrites or perhaps TMpro are the "only all in one, get you out the poo" solutions. Surely its better to pay a little more and be able to offer clients with newer vehicles the facillities to help them out whenever they loose the carpass or have no key. Lets face it when word gets around you can supply latest keys and cards and help out same day for "no keys present" people in similar situations will soon be kicking the doors in. Also there is the possibillities of doing work for national breakdown companies.

I am myself considering buying the abrites kit and almost spent many hard earned pennies today. I have emailed a few queries to RWProg which have so far gone unanswered.

Of course the other boon to Abrites is the interface works with many web based applications and theres Tech2Win. So tell me whats the current worth of a Tech2 unit?????

bmn2090
4th January, 2012, 09:30 PM
hello to All
thanks a lot for this kind of subject
i have this item and worked well even it is cloned one from china, the problem is that i lost its usb disque. is there any solution to have the usb disque.

thanks in advance
Bell

drakov
4th January, 2012, 10:17 PM
For a no keys present situation Abrites or perhaps TMpro are the "only all in one, get you out the poo" solutions.

Do you own any of these tools you seem so keen to offer opinion on? Or are you just using google to give your review? I suggest you start your research again, beginning at the 1 st post and read ALL the way down....

Juts to clear some things up here are some FACTS from someone who both uses and has seen others use, that can do Renault cards (that is after all what the OP asked about)

Renault Clip
Will only programme cards ordered from the dealer for that specific car, once ordered the details are entered on Renault.NET (we call it the incode/outcode system), it is impossible for the dealer to give you the immo code unless both the card was ordered from renault and they are given the incode from clip) it is possible to use earlier software to program the card from dealer, but you will need to find another way to extarct the immo code.

True-Code
The genuine WILL programme aftermarket or dealer cards EVEN WHEN ALL CARDS ARE LOST, I have done this several times and I am sure there will be many more who have also done this who will reply...

True-Code Clone
In simple terms is a piece of shit, I know because I bought it even though I have the genuine one, on it's first use it erased all cards and wouldn't programme them in (incidently it also pulled the wrong pin code), luckily I had the genuine next to me and managed to code in the cards which in itself must be amazing seeing as one member says it isn't possible :-)

AVDI
Although I have the genuine unit as of yet I have no need to purchase the Renault module, but I have used someone else's and it works we tested it on 5 models of different types and age.

AVDI Clone
A friend of mine bought it (he had 3 cars lined up for it's first outing, guess what... all 3 failed luckily he was close to obdmaster, who completed the job for him on all 3 using his Genuine AVDI, so again further proof that AVDI does work.

Renault Explorer
Not used this or seen it in action, but I know 2 people who do have it and say it works

I have Renault Clip (and access to Renault.net), I have genuine and clone True-code first out the box is Genuine True-Code and it has worked every single time (on the models it covers) and it's quick too, 2nd out is Clip for anything True-code can't do.

While clones can be good, they can also be SHIT, for this reason I bought genuine for the above products, because I know I won't be let down.

Meat-Head
4th January, 2012, 10:23 PM
RUMOUR IS BULLSHIT,

HI ASH :roflmao::roflmao:

IT'S NOT THE RUMOR THAT'S FULL OF BULLSHIT

IT IS IN FACT 'MEAT-CITY MOBILE LOCKSMITHS LTD'
THAT IS FULL OF SHIT.

HTH

MEAT

PierreTheron
4th January, 2012, 10:45 PM
The biggest problem with true code on renault is that takes less than a minute to code a new card in (Even with all keys lost)
Seems a bit of rip off to the customer when you take his money.

Might be great if the maker may build a game into it while you code the cards/keys in.. Hehe..
:dancing2:

drakov
4th January, 2012, 11:24 PM
The biggest problem with true code on renault is that takes less than a minute to code a new card in (Even with all keys lost)
Seems a bit of rip off to the customer when you take his money.

Might be great if the maker may build a game into it while you code the cards/keys in.. Hehe..
:dancing2:

lol.... you could always remove any old box, pop into van for 40 mins.... browse DK, then pop back and complete job :-D

MotorMolestor
4th January, 2012, 11:41 PM
Do you own any of these tools you seem so keen to offer opinion on? Or are you just using google to give your review? I suggest you start your research again, beginning at the 1 st post and read ALL the way down....

Juts to clear some things up here are some FACTS from someone who both uses and has seen others use, that can do Renault cards (that is after all what the OP asked about)

Renault Clip
Will only programme cards ordered from the dealer for that specific car, once ordered the details are entered on Renault.NET (we call it the incode/outcode system), it is impossible for the dealer to give you the immo code unless both the card was ordered from renault and they are given the incode from clip) it is possible to use earlier software to program the card from dealer, but you will need to find another way to extarct the immo code.

True-Code
The genuine WILL programme aftermarket or dealer cards EVEN WHEN ALL CARDS ARE LOST, I have done this several times and I am sure there will be many more who have also done this who will reply...

True-Code Clone
In simple terms is a piece of shit, I know because I bought it even though I have the genuine one, on it's first use it erased all cards and wouldn't programme them in (incidently it also pulled the wrong pin code), luckily I had the genuine next to me and managed to code in the cards which in itself must be amazing seeing as one member says it isn't possible :-)

AVDI
Although I have the genuine unit as of yet I have no need to purchase the Renault module, but I have used someone else's and it works we tested it on 5 models of different types and age.

AVDI Clone
A friend of mine bought it (he had 3 cars lined up for it's first outing, guess what... all 3 failed luckily he was close to obdmaster, who completed the job for him on all 3 using his Genuine AVDI, so again further proof that AVDI does work.

Renault Explorer
Not used this or seen it in action, but I know 2 people who do have it and say it works

I have Renault Clip (and access to Renault.net), I have genuine and clone True-code first out the box is Genuine True-Code and it has worked every single time (on the models it covers) and it's quick too, 2nd out is Clip for anything True-code can't do.

While clones can be good, they can also be SHIT, for this reason I bought genuine for the above products, because I know I won't be let down.

If you read the above I offer the opinion as I will be purchasing. My choice is AVDI as it offers the complete package. Yes I own other equipment mostly genuine main dealer tools that are costly to maintain, and if you wish to enter into a who owns what contest your surely about to loose.

drakov
4th January, 2012, 11:50 PM
What you have is of no concern to me, what you don't have is none of the tools listed above, therefore you are not in a position to offer an opinion, you can only give advise based on hearsay and rumours from others with no basis on any of it being fact,in this case as proven BAD advice;), but feel free to list everything you have and I'll be sure to dig out some posts where you are in a position to give good advice.

Meat-Head
6th January, 2012, 02:53 PM
lol.... you could always remove any old box, pop into van for 40 mins.... browse DK, then pop back and complete job :-D

Funny that the other day told costomer just going to google for some info on his car - was infact on Ebay (item about to end) Got away with it.

Meat

alounaha
12th January, 2014, 02:10 PM
Be very careful!
Don't even think to buy it.It does nothing and it's simply a waiste of money.

albertros
12th January, 2014, 02:33 PM
HI
save your money.
I bought one it doesn't do all on the list because the chinese hacked an old version then used the advertising blurb from a later version.
I use Explorer genuine which works fine but extreemly expensive. Go for true code genuine

Meat-Head
12th January, 2014, 03:38 PM
Jump lead swinging fraud stet said it works